Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An excellent aid for showing your Tesla... batteries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this from Amazon: Amazon.com: STREAMLED: 1000LM Lumen UltraFire C8 CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Torch 18650 Battery Charger: Home Improvement

It includes a nice case, flashlight, 2 18650 batteries, and battery charger for $26.99 shipped free.

Good to have in the car, and it uses the 18650 cells so good for show&tell as well.

You inspired me to get one of these sets for myself! It arrived this morning by UPS and an hour later I had occasion to spend a little Tesla time; I showed them the 18650 battery and gave the spiel. Awesome visual aid. Nice flashlight, too: how can one LED be so bright?

Are they shipping them with the UltraFire brand batteries? Just wondering because I believe those unfortunately named cells were used in an experimental solar car that caught fire. I'm not suggesting any issues with the batteries, just making an obscure EV connection.

Don't think anyone has said this yet, but the plastic wrapping can be easily taken off with a craft knife. It is just shrink wrap. Once you do that you get a pristine metal battery exactly like TM has in the showroom. When I saw the batteries in the Dania showroom a couple of months back I immediately jumped on eBay, ordered a couple and now they sit in my car for when people ask me questions.

And I agree with FlasherZ - be careful of metal near them - especially loose change.

When I give someone a ride in my S for the first time, I explain how TM tried to eliminate the 30 or 40 switches, knobs and buttons found on today modern cars, and place them all on the 17" touch screen. Then I explain how the Feds didn't let them eliminate the emergency flasher button, and then to keep the symmetry, TM added a second button. When me guest pushes the 2nd button and opens the glove compartment, I have them pull out one 18650 battery and explain that's what's powering this car. The reaction is always amazement!

Just received this from Amazon: Amazon.com: STREAMLED: 1000LM Lumen UltraFire C8 CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Torch 18650 Battery Charger: Home Improvement

It includes a nice case, flashlight, 2 18650 batteries, and battery charger for $26.99 shipped free.

Good to have in the car, and it uses the 18650 cells so good for show&tell as well.
Forgive me for bumping a 2 year old thread, but I ordered one of these flashlights via the Amazon link above (now 21.99). Thanks, carrerascott. It's phenomenal. It blows away my 2D Maglites (with the LED conversion). With all the o-rings, it looks pretty watertight; I'll probably get another for the boat.

It did take me a minute to figure out the mode selection, since there were no instructions (quick off/on cycle, or momentary partial press of the button (without a click). Even dim is better than the Maglite

I also ordered on of the 18650 chargers recommended by islandbayy, here: Best charger for 18650 cells?

Forgive me for bumping a 2 year old thread, but I ordered one of these flashlights via the Amazon link above (now 21.99). Thanks, carrerascott. It's phenomenal. It blows away my 2D Maglites (with the LED conversion). With all the o-rings, it looks pretty watertight; I'll probably get another for the boat.

It did take me a minute to figure out the mode selection, since there were no instructions (quick off/on cycle, or momentary partial press of the button (without a click). Even dim is better than the Maglite

I also ordered on of the 18650 chargers recommended by islandbayy, here: Best charger for 18650 cells?

I have a 3-cell Li-Ion flashlight.. hands down the best, most compact and powerful flashlight I've ever owned.

Link?

I should add - I showed one of the batteries to my wife, and said "Teslas are powered by over 7000 of these" - she just sighed...

I bought a pair of Ultrafires, after reading this post, a few months ago so I can show it to clients asking about the battery underneath.
They love it.

But every now and then, I get the "Oh, so you just take it home every night and recharge it ? That's nice !"
:tongue:

E.

tga, does the order include the case? The product details does not indicate a case is included.

tga, does the order include the case? The product details does not indicate a case is included.
Yes, I wondered about that when I placed the order. It came exactly as you see in carrerascott's photo, case and all. Actually, the 2 batteries were shrinkwrapped together, and were StreamLED-branded (as shown in the Amazon photo).