TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anticlockwise Adventure!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by RichardMcN, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Kristymay62

Kristymay62 Member

RichardMcN, that's the end of Tessie's Anticlockwise Adventure, isn't it? Massive congratulations to you and Tessie for the mission and the message, for doing it in a way that tackled the reality of travel in remote Australia and in massive style! She did it with style and grace, rising above all difficulties. Don't underestimate what you've achieved.

• Like x 2
  2. lennier

lennier Member

I second the congrats @RichardMcN, an epic adventure of benefit to us all. Sorry I couldn't make it last night to congratulate you in person, hope it was a good night.

• Like x 2
  3. *KT*

*KT* Member

More congratulations from me. I've loved being an armchair supporter following Tessie's adventures. You have proved we can go anywhere in an EV.

• Like x 1
  4. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Thanks Guys ! ! !

I'll just wrap up with a few mandatory Great Ocean Road shots ...
    20160928_122549~01.jpg

20160928_131828.jpg

20160928_135530.jpg

And at Richmond supercharger, the loop is closed and the Anticlockwise adventure is complete !
    Finish.jpg

Now just an easy cruise back up the superchargers to Sydney and home !

Thanks to everybody who embraced the mission, welcomed us, "liked" us, powered us, helped us, lent us gear (esp @Blue heaven who got us back on the road), and roadcrews 1 to 4 !

Definitely true !

• Like x 3
  5. Kristymay62

Kristymay62 Member

G'day KT, I enjoyed your supportive posts during my Perth to Adelaide leg with Tessie. I looked forward to seeing another woman's perspective as we went along. I'm only a Tesla add-on, a temporary fellow-traveller, but it was massive fun and very interesting.

• Like x 1
  6. Dylanpete

Dylanpete Member

Richard, a super congratulations for you! You're our Tesla endurance hero now, I fully realize how challenging it must have been and you've done it in style!

• Like x 1
  7. TesAus

TesAus Member

Hope your charge at Goulburn was uneventful once you got the spot!

Great to say hi and a fantastic achievement!

• Like x 1
  8. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

Congratulations Richard and your driving partners, the epic journey is complete, take the best car in the world and add the 4 Ps, Preparation, Persistance, Patience and Power supply and you've set the path for other EVs to follow.

• Like x 1
  9. garyjac

garyjac Member

Spectacular in every way. I think you have the basis of a good book there, somewhere?

• Like x 1
  10. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Congratulations Richard. I have been following this post from the beginning of your adventure.

I'm interested in some stats from your journey.

What percentage of your recharging was for free vs paid charging (outside of the supercharger network) and where you paid for your charging, what was the charging costs over the entire journey.

• Helpful x 1
  11. brewster

brewster Member

Here's the article from the local paper today. Couple of errors, but country newspaper I guess.
    Yeah, didn't capture the page as well as I should.

upload_2016-10-4_13-6-17.png

• Like x 4
  12. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Great article - and of course a link at the end which refers people to this thread! Careful not to get stuck in an infinite loop!

13. RIPPERTON

RIPPERTON Member

Nice meeting you at AEVA tonight Richard, glad you could come along and witness all our Frankenstein conversions.
    Im going to go through this entire thread and enjoy your trip first hand.

• Like x 1
  14. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

I would say "individualistic conversions" ! Nice (and very capable) crew at AEVA NSW but we need more Teslas !

15. NevD

NevD New Member

Julie and I also extend our congratulations and thank you for enriching the Tesla concept.Most encouraging. Have pretty much decided to pull the trigger when AP2 hardware install can be assured. Prepared to be patient.Surprised to find last night that " My Tesla" build has changed chosen colour from white to black. Phone call to Richmind office confirms white and some other colours no longer available. Most interesting,

• Like x 1
  16. *KT*

*KT* Member

Welcome NevD. you could always change to blue. The best Teslas are Blue, wink.
    Seriously though, on other threads in here people seem to think the white is probably a temporary removal while they establish next gen colours ahead of the three.

• Love x 1
  17. wpapua

wpapua Member

Welcome NevD, Great to see more Teslas in country Vic. There have 2 others in my city for months, but, never sighted ! Your patience will be well rewarded ! Enjoy. Sig Red is the (biased) best, but, no longer ! The colour offering is bound to satisfy.

18. alpal

alpal Member

Pssst ... red!

• Funny x 1
  19. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

And finally Tessie gets a reward - her own set of plates ...

20170513_154905.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  20. erosco

erosco Member

Wow - Just joined, just read this.. what a fantastic journey - thanks for the documentation.

Cheers
    erosco

• Like x 1