Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 90D uncorkings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See attached screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 9.18.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 9.18.40 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
I'm not sure I buy it. I've brought the subject up multiple times with different people in Tesla. Corporate as well as the local service center. All assured me it wasn't an option for the 90D. :\

But how late is your manufactured date?

In order words how close is it to June 2017 before the 90D cars were discontinued?

Also on a sidenote, I really want to see the rest of that text chain. They were asking for the new 0-60 and it got cut off from there.

As a data point, I have a last week of August 2017 manufactured 90D and I inquired about the uncorking back when it was first made available. I was told that it’s not available for 90Ds, even though I have the newer drive unit.

For my Model X100D, I was able to get the "uncork" and on paper it shaved off like 0.1 second.
And it felt really the same, unlike Model S75D from 5.2 to 4.2 seconds.

I believe Model S100D is not much different from X100D. Personally, I wouldn't worry about 90D being "uncorked" as you will not likely feel the difference.

As a data point, I have a last week of August 2017 manufactured 90D and I inquired about the uncorking back when it was first made available. I was told that it’s not available for 90Ds, even though I have the newer drive unit.

I did the same thing and was told the same as well. It’s technically possible to do so. It’s a metter if Tesla would actually do it or not.

I did the same thing and was told the same as well. It’s technically possible to do so. It’s a metter if Tesla would actually do it or not.

I’m genuinely curious what the actual expected gain would be. Assuming the car does 0-60 in 4.2s now, and an uncorked 100D does 3.6ish, how much room is there really for a 90D battery even with an updated drive unit. 3.9 seconds?

Anyone know?