Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any hack to remove the autopilot nag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're actually both paying attention, and holding the wheel in a way you can instantly take over, you won't ever get nags.

Nothing to defeat.

Defeating the nags= you're not holding the wheel right to begin with.

Had to quote this post too. Nothing to defeat? Yeah, that's common sense. Like did you even read the OP's post? Common sense should tell you if we drive normal, using no AP, we won't get nags. You really think the OP has to read your post to figure that out? smh

Why do you feel to mention common sense items and then act like you're enlightening the whole thread with such high scientific information?

The OP is asking for a way to stop nags. Right there common sense should tell you that you already know he's not driving normally!!! Common sense should tell you what he's trying to do. Common sense should tell everybody that the nag is there to remind people to pay attention. WE ALL KNOW THIS. But you keep reiterating common knowledge. OBVIOUSLY the OP, as some others, don't want to drive normally,would like to use AP, but want to use a hack to stop the nag. This can be done safely by applying weight AND paying attention. Let me repeat: USE THE HACK AND PAY ATTENTION.

Common sense lets all of us know that taking a nap or falling asleep is a bad thing. We all know not paying attention is a bad thing, which doesn't apply soley to Tesla or AP at all. Why are people even mentioning silly things like this?

Here you go not reading and not comprehending again. I never said I didn't understand the difference between full level 2 and full level 5, you can no where quote me where I said said level 2 is same as level 5,smh. Stop making up your own wrong arguments

You said you didn't understand why level 5 is safe with no nags, but level 2 with defeated nags is NOT safe.

Which makes it crystal clear you don't understand the difference between 2 and 5- and why no nags on an L5 system is vastly safer than "defeated" nags on an L2 system.

Why do you keep repeating this? We already know when it does it won't nag. Why do you keep acting like you trying to make a point by saying it doesn't exist? that has nothing to do with the actual debate here

Dude... you brought FSD into the topic.

Now you're mad because it's been made clear you didn't understand it and shouldn't have brought it up...but you're the one you should be mad at- since you're the one who keeps talking about it.

I was only asking for Tesla driving examples, not silly 2 year old examples.

But you clearly didn't understand those more complex examples, so you were provided a much simpler analogy.

Which still does not appear to be helping you.

Okay, so heres where your reading/comprehension is bad. You keep changing the issue to make it seem like you're right. I've clearly said from the get go that if one uses the hack AND PAYS ATTENTION then there will be no problem.

Except there's no reason to use the hack if you are paying attention and holding the wheel as the manual states is required

If you ARE doing that- the nags are already not happening. No need for an "extra" defeat mechanism.

So the only reason you need to defeat the nags is if you're not holding the wheel correctly

Not sure how you keep missing this basic element of the situation.

So we agree that not paying attention is bad

And the nags exist explicitly to insure the driver is paying attention, or at the very least holding the wheel properly. (both of which are required to maximize your ability to quickly and safely intervene if the system has a problem)

Thus "defeating" them in any way OTHER than holding the wheel properly is an unsafe thing to do.

Which has been the entire point you keep arguing against...for...some....reason....

You said you didn't understand why level 5 is safe with no nags, but level 2 with defeated nags is NOT safe.

Which makes it crystal clear you don't understand the difference between 2 and 5- and why no nags on an L5 system is vastly safer than "defeated" nags on an L2 system.

Dude... you brought FSD into the topic.

Now you're mad because it's been made clear you didn't understand it and shouldn't have brought it up...but you're the one you should be mad at- since you're the one who keeps talking about it.

But you clearly didn't understand those more complex examples, so you were provided a much simpler analogy.

Which still does not appear to be helping you.

Except there's no reason to use the hack if you are paying attention and holding the wheel as the manual states is required

If you ARE doing that- the nags are already not happening. No need for an "extra" defeat mechanism.

So the only reason you need to defeat the nags is if you're not holding the wheel correctly

Not sure how you keep missing this basic element of the situation.

And the nags exist explicitly to insure the driver is paying attention, or at the very least holding the wheel properly. (both of which are required to maximize your ability to quickly and safely intervene if the system has a problem)

Thus "defeating" them in any way OTHER than holding the wheel properly is an unsafe thing to do.

Which has been the entire point you keep arguing against...for...some....reason....

It's useless talking to you. All you do is twist the topic to fit your narrative. All you do is debate common sense knowledge that nobody debates. The OP posted is there a way to stop the nag. Common sense should have told you DUH he's not holding the steering wheel, otherwise why would he get a nag? Yet you always preaching some proper way to hold the steering wheel. Smh

. But you keep on at it. I digress and done wasting my time with you. During this whole thread nobody crashed using a hack.But keep on saying it's as dangerous as texting and driving or drinking and driving. You're hopeless. But good luck in your quest to be the king know-it-all

I know there will be a lot of disagreement on this, but for me when the nag got to be every 12 seconds that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I could deal with a nag every 30-40 seconds on the highway, but wide open secondary roads in the country it started nagging at 12 seconds. I found myself TOO distracted by looking over at the screen all the time to catch the nag after getting caught in the penalty box too often. Put it this way - I fixed the problem. Now I can pay attention to the road and not the nag. Just my opinion, but for me the nag became an UNSAFE safety feature.

Putting aside the back and forth above and back to the OP's point, I really wish the steering wheel had a grip sensor and not a torque sensor. I get the nag all the time while holding with 1 hand or with 2 in a balanced position (torque from my hands cancels itself out). Squeezing a bit harder would be a nice option on long drives. That said, I'm not going to do anything to defeat the current system. It just is what it is. Hopefully Tesla puts a grip sensor in the wheel eventually.

Putting aside the back and forth above and back to the OP's point, I really wish the steering wheel had a grip sensor and not a torque sensor. I get the nag all the time while holding with 1 hand or with 2 in a balanced position (torque from my hands cancels itself out). Squeezing a bit harder would be a nice option on long drives. That said, I'm not going to do anything to defeat the current system. It just is what it is. Hopefully Tesla puts a grip sensor in the wheel eventually.

I would rather have a capacitive touch sensor. I think other manufacturers offer that with their systems. Then I could have a nice light hand on the wheel and never have to think about a nag ever.

It's useless talking to you. All you do is twist the topic to fit your narrative

Not sure how directly quoting your own words to you is "twisting" anything.

All you do is debate common sense knowledge that nobody debates.

Common sense isn't nearly as common as you suggest.

It should be common sense knowledge that level 5 without nags is much safer than L2 without it for example but you didn't know that and specifically asked people to explain it to you.

They did- you just dislike the answer.

The OP posted is there a way to stop the nag. Common sense should have told you DUH he's not holding the steering wheel, otherwise why would he get a nag?

Except that's not at all true

Here's the actual OP

Just to be clear I always have my hands on the wheel, but I believe the sensor on my car is defective

So he claims he is holding the wheel exactly counter to your claim about what he said.

It leaves us wondering if you actually even read the original post?

Anyway- in his case he may simply not be holding it "right"

Or he might have a defective sensor.

In neither case is "bypass a safety feature" the correct answer to that situation.

"Learn correct grip" or "Take the car to be serviced" are the correct possible answers there.

That's just common sense after all! :)

Wait, I thought he was holding the wheel and still gets the nag (a very common problem)? That is what he said in his first sentence of his post.

Still has nothing to do with the debate. My Debate is about using a hack, stop searching for anything to deflect. The guy(not the OP) still goes around explaining the purpose of the nag, when that's certainly common knowledge of any Tesla driver why the nag is there, smh.

Debating things that aren't being debated is silly

Id rather have heated steering wheel. Maybe this compels people to put hands fully on wheel more often.

Bottom line some people bitch, and some people adjust - attitude or equipment. I think my Model 3 is closer to perfect than any car I've had or driven. I use the automation constantly and my car must be blessed, 'cause it works just fine.

Frankly, people who don't want AI in their car, yet complain that FSD isn't yet Fully Self on streets, or doesn't drive the way they like, or will never exist, or are scared of phantom barking and yadadi and yadada are much better off with a Bolt. Seriously. My son just got one. Current Bolts have 250 mi range, they have good torque, and you can get a no cash lease on a Bolt with no annoying automation or false promises or phantom barking - for under $300/mo. Dig it, man up, get off the pot. Woof.

As to the folks who keep telling others they got it right and the dummies who are having trouble with the nags and kicking out of AP are hallucinating, or don't know how to hold their own f'n steering wheel "correctly", are off-topically getting anointing. OP asked a question. Several answers were offered.

Last edited:
I believe there would have been many more accidents without having to move the wheel every now and then.

Yes....People would be getting into the back of the cars taking a nap......while NoA isn't even out of beta yet.

If someone finds a legit hack. Please let us know so that we can report it to Tesla so in-turn their car won't potentially kill me.

I believe there would have been many more accidents without having to move the wheel every now and then.

Yes....People would be getting into the back of the cars taking a nap......while NoA isn't even out of beta yet.

If someone finds a legit hack. Please let us know so that we can report it to Tesla so in-turn their car won't potentially kill me.

So what happens when FSD gets here and people get into the back and take a nap?

What is a "legit" hack? Telsa already knows about attached weight defeating the nag. They haven't done much about it to this day.

So what happens when FSD gets here and people get into the back and take a nap?

What is a "legit" hack? Telsa already knows about attached weight defeating the nag. They haven't done much about it to this day.

FSD beta will look a LOT different than FSD once people are able to get in the back. A LOT different.

A legit hack is a software hack IMHO. A weight defeating device is a device of idiots. Tesla isn't responsible for IDIOTS IMHO.

FSD beta will look a LOT different than FSD once people are able to get in the back. A LOT different.

A legit hack is a software hack IMHO. A weight defeating device is a device of idiots. Tesla isn't responsible for IDIOTS IMHO.

ah okay.
So using a hack now on AP and sleeping is bad
But taking a nap and dozing off on the FSD is okay because "FSD beta is a LOT different", smh
You and others are making excuses as if its okay to go to sleep on the future FSD. I mean do you know how yall sound? You should flat out say you should get in the back NOW or in the future!!!

A software hack? like instituted by tesla? or a hacker hacks tesla software?
a hack to stop the nag is a hack to stop the nag,no matter if its hardware or software

What you think a weight device is for is just your small opinion that most don't care about.
Nobody ever said Tesla is responsible for idiots. You too like to try to make a point by debating an issue that NOBODY is debating

ah okay.
But taking a nap and dozing off on the FSD is okay because "FSD beta is a LOT different", smh

You and others are making excuses as if its okay to go to sleep on the future FSD. I mean do you know how yall sound?

We sound like people that actually understand the difference between a Level 2 driver aid system (what the car currently has) and a Level 5 self driving system (what Tesla intends at least the pre-march-2019 buyers of FSD to eventually have but does not yet exist).

Something you, falsely, insisted you understood- but make crystal clear you do not in your last post.

One of them is likely to kill you if you get in the back and sleep while it's driving the car. The other is explicitly designed to permit sleeping while it drives the car for you.

ah okay.
You and others are making excuses as if its okay to go to sleep on the future FSD. I mean do you know how yall sound? You should flat out say you should get in the back NOW or in the future!!!

A software hack? like instituted by tesla? or a hacker hacks tesla software?
a hack to stop the nag is a hack to stop the nag,no matter if its hardware or software

What you think a weight device is for is just your small opinion that most don't care about.
Nobody ever said Tesla is responsible for idiots. You too like to try to make a point by debating an issue that NOBODY is debating

NEVER doze off or sleep when you are the driver. PERIOD.

When you turn on any such feature in a Tesla - you agree to pay attention - NOT find a way to not pay attention.

PERIOD.

Once FSD reaches level 5 autonomy - no input from a driver is needed....then you can do whatever you want. However as it stands right now - Its all in beta. Not even officially released.

BTW.....I don't respond to personal insults. They don't bother me at all.