Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any happy camper here with the price cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took this opportunity and ordered MY on 1/14. Will have to cancel my BMW i4 order. Any one know what's time frame of delivery now????? My local Tesla dealer was packed and lots people placed order. Hope we can still get the car before March.

Reactions: yellowr6
I took this opportunity and ordered MY on 1/14. Will have to cancel my BMW i4 order. Any one know what's time frame of delivery now????? My local Tesla dealer was packed and lots people placed order. Hope we can still get the car before March.
You didn't get an eta with your order? I did a quickie order run thru and eta off the web is vague, Est. Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023. Cross your fingers.

Yeah I did get same Est Delivery Jan-Mar 2023. My friend went to local Tesla and SA told him it will take around 6 weeks. I kinda doubt it since there are so many people place order now.
If it time gets tight and wanting to get under the March deadline for battery minerals requirement change, you can take delivery in LA or Fremont. It'll save a few days of transportation, if you could swing it. It's just an fyi if it comes down to it.

First time poster. Was waiting for the cyber truck but was hard to pass up these deals. Picked up a MYP , black with tow hitch totaling $61,130 inclusive of all fees (not tax and registration).

Pretty happy with that price, I was willing to pick up this same car in December when they had the $7500 discount. Only problem then was that they didn’t have any performance models available. Happy they didn’t lol.

Not new to Tesla, but am new to model Y. Never even sat in a Y before. Wife is currently traveling, this is going to be a surprise for her. Not going to tell her, just going to take her to pick it up when it’s ready and tell her we’re going to lunch instead. 😅

• Love
Reactions: Dayreg and yellowr6
First time poster. Was waiting for the cyber truck but was hard to pass up these deals. Picked up a MYP , black with tow hitch totaling $61,130 inclusive of all fees (not tax and registration).

Pretty happy with that price, I was willing to pick up this same car in December when they had the $7500 discount. Only problem then was that they didn’t have any performance models available. Happy they didn’t lol.

Not new to Tesla, but am new to model Y. Never even sat in a Y before. Wife is currently traveling, this is going to be a surprise for her. Not going to tell her, just going to take her to pick it up when it’s ready and tell her we’re going to lunch instead. 😅

welcome and congrats!

There's a couple I didn't include because they were added pre-2023 and I was talking about this one specifically. Overall point is that Tesla updates/upgrades stuff on these cars on a monthly basis in some cases.

Are we sure the matrix headlights is a permanent update to the Model Y LR? I think I read it was only temporary due to supply line constraints and they would be going back to the standard ones once they had them stocked again. Not sure yet if that's the case but they don't list them specifically so that seems to support that sentiment.

I really hope mine comes with them but I'm not entirely sure it will have them so I'm attempting to temper my expectations on that one until I see mine specifically and check for the circular part on the outer assembly.
Great list and perspective. I would add one more that means the MOST to me regarding the price reduction. They did it while still making the car in the UNITED States of America!! Vertically integrated company making Cars and Trucks with American workers! That’s why I personally am not offended if it’s not the Cheapest car available. Chaps my ass that of All American made cars HONDA is second in models built here. Honda! Ford and others wanting to challenge the American Made Tesla by sending their car to be made in Mexico! I respect Any company that is willing to make America a Producing Success again!

Reactions: FLRifleman
You left out:
  • Laminated double pane glass
  • Many solid interior surfaces now carpeted to help insulate both noise and heat transfer
  • Better headliner material
  • Better button indication labels for door release is more apparent for first timers
  • Type C USB ports are more future-proof
  • 128gb USB drive now included (I think this is new anyway)
  • Windshield nozzles x2 instead of 1 per arm for better fluid distribution
  • Monochromatic door cards (no more "killer whale" in the white/black interiors)
  • Microfiber door card inserts look/feel better than the previous plasticky ones
  • Factory darkened (not technically tint) rear windows

There's probably more but the important take-away is that they addressed lots of the main complaints that people had with Model Y so the overall experience will be noticeably improved thanks to all of these little improvements.

This also marks the first time in a while we've seen a massive hardware update. The battery day where these 4680 cells were announced was filled with LOTS of talk about dramatically improved power density/delivery and weight savings. So far, we're seeing roughly the same range and performance numbers. Don't be surprised if we see some software updates in the future that at least add more range, possibly even slightly more performance ala cars of the past that also had benchmark changes in hardware that was later "unlocked" via software updates once it was ready for prime time. Each time new hardware is introduced it increases the likelihood that previous versions will be left out of software advancements at some point.

IMO this is a killer deal not only because of the discount but also because it includes the lengthy list of improvements above. This isn't some long-in-the-tooth version that's been around for a while that they're trying to clear inventory on. It represents some of the latest innovations that a company known for innovations has to offer AND it's $13k less than it was last week.

I see current owners complain about the financial aspect, which sucks to be sure, I'd be even more upset about the updates that were missed out on than the money. Something similar happened with Model S/X shortly after the Palladium launched. Them the brakes! If you don't like it and insist on buying new, better get something from a legacy manufacturer that only makes changes every 4 or 5 years. I hope Tesla doesn't become like that in my lifetime. I love that they're not only incredibly innovative but still nimble enough to implement those incremental changes on the assembly lines in weeks, not years.

Progress in so many ways AND at a lower price. If I was a competitive manufacturer I'd be a little more uneasy today.

Better suspension too?

I'm happy. No complaints. Received the NJ PSE&G rebate for the installation of the Gen 3 HPWC in my garage and no sales tax on EV in NJ. Someone posted that ICE vehicle owners will wait in a Costco gas line for a half hour to try and save 10c a gallon. So nice to leave my house each morning with a 90% charge with 240v regular single phase power fill up that occurred beginning at midnight

Reactions: cdub
I'm happy to see the price cut though I took a small hit on my early 2021 resale prices as well. Cars are depreciating assets and in this instance, we have to see cars like cell phones and computers. Price reductions happen as technology progresses and with competition. With this price cut, a Tesla has became much much more affordable to many middle class families who were looking at other options like a hybrid Toyota Sienna. I shall unselfishly celebrate and drive my Y into the ground while more Teslas join my community.

Reactions: Yelobird
Especially now, since the new Prius looks like a Model 3, and has a hatchback.

Can you charge at home? If so, this would be a no brainer for getting a Model 3.

View attachment 895972
This actually looks really nice. Thinking about picking this up as the daily driver (for work). I think the Prius Prime is going to cap out at $37K. Still not a Model 3 but it looks like it has a lot of nice features. Curious to see how it stacks up to the "updated" Model 3 that Tesla is working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.