Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 266033 View attachment 266034
I have paid the second $2500 non-refundable deposit, and been contacted by phone on Sunday (Dec 9) about delivery.

@TonyWilliams - congratulations, you lucky dog - you just ordered my car - same color, same options. Great minds... ;)
Are you planning to drive it to a So Cal LEAF meet-up after the first of the year, just to make us all incredibly jealous (and more importantly, give us some touchy-feely time with a Model 3)?

Tony i see $5K for advanced AP - was that required? So many of us AP2 folk are disappointed with its ability to even match AP1 ....
I'm presuming all the hardware is already installed (like on our X - whether we paid for activation or not), it's just a matter of an OTA update?
Other than Paint and Wheels, EAP and FSD are the only options. All Current Teslas being built have AP2 (2.5 or 2.1) Hardware. Selecting EAP and FSD is simply software. If you get it when you order, it will be shown on the Monroney Sticker.

• Helpful
Reactions: hill
Tony i see $5K for advanced AP - was that required? So many of us AP2 folk are disappointed with its ability to even match AP1 ....
I'm presuming all the hardware is already installed (like on our X - whether we paid for activation or not), it's just a matter of an OTA update?
It wasn't required. It's an option. I chose it, but not FSD for $3000. That may never happen! And I have warned my hubby, whose car this will be, that my AP1 is still better atm than AP2. But he's just happy to get out of ICE

Yes, my current Model S has AP1 (Mobile Eye). I’m pretty happy with that!

I suspect that Tesla will continue to improve AP2, so I’m not too worried about it. I didn’t have any Autopilot for the first six months that I had the Model S!

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
View attachment 266033 View attachment 266034 I camped out in San Diego, and was the 15th person in line (also got interviewed by several media outlets).

Current Tesla Model S owner.

Obviously, I live in California.

Not a Tesla / SpaceX / Solar City employee

I have paid the second $2500 non-refundable deposit, and been contacted by phone on Sunday (Dec 9) about delivery.

My second Model 3 reservation was also updated to confirm what basic configuration I want on that one.

Wow - this is the exact configuration I am likely to order unless the wife changes color to white!