Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

SFLDMD

May 30, 2017
South Florida
This is pretty interesting, I am a current Model S Owner and put my deposit down for my Model 3 in store on the 31st at around 12:15 pm. Still waiting for invitation to configure. Delivery is supposedly between November -January Delivery. Ill keep you guys updated.

*I put my deposit down at this particular store

Evthusiast

Nov 3, 2017
California
Just got my invite to configure this morning. NonEmployee, Los Angles, 2013 Model S, Day 1 Evening, Model 3 Online reservation. 4 week delivery.

I might wait for all wheel drive. Will decide this weekend.

jbcarioca

Feb 3, 2015
This is pretty interesting, I am a current Model S Owner and put my deposit down for my Model 3 in store on the 31st at around 12:15 pm. Still waiting for invitation to configure. Delivery is supposedly between November -January Delivery. Ill keep you guys updated.
I made my deposit at Dadeland at 09:02 on the 31st. I was second in line. No invitation for me either.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Yes reserved online night of unveiling. I think about 15 minutes after the show kicked online.

Southern California (LA County)

I am in Irvine....still no invite. I reserved right when the online ordered opened (at 7:22 PM). Current X owner.

RBowen

Jun 14, 2016
San Diego
Got invite this morning (12/8) and ordered a midnight silver with aero wheels.

I reserved around 1:30 pm on 3/31/16. Current owner of a beautiful red refreshed 2016 Model S 75D.

Tesla_Model_3.jpeg

jbcarioca

Feb 3, 2015
exactly my point. anyway, i was in this SC on monday and they told me an employee did take a delivery at this location on 1-Dec. i then asked when's the next employee M3 delivery and they stated they cannot talk about M3 at all until its public knowledge.
That is true, I think. OTOH, if a long-time owner with multiple collateral sales just happened to be there when deliveries were happening...
The Model 3's i have seen thus far have been covered with car covers similar to those Tesla sells for Model S. However, the two I saw were the first non-employee FL sales AFAIK. I, too, suspect that they were 'connected' since it is unlikely that deliveries of normal prior owners would be happening here when very early reservations from owners have not yet been invited to configure. Of course, priorities do change...

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Just ordered a pearl white Model 3 with aero rims! Our email came in this morning, and it was super smooth completing the order on an iPhone. I placed the reservation on 3/31/16 and currently have a 2016 Model X. Foir week delivery can’t come soon enough!
Are only long range Model 3s allowed now or is the base 3 out ?

Big Dog

Mar 7, 2016
Irvine, CA
What about those like me who do not own any Tesla but were first in line on 3/31? (CA based).. anybody received anything?

Non-owners have a ways to go, as owners are still waiting: my SoCal office colleague is an owner (X) and stood in line (M3), but still has not been contacted to configure.

run-the-joules

Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
Any news on cream / white interior yet? At first, it was supposed to be available in the late fall and I wonder if anyone has heard any updates.
No.

Non-owners have a ways to go, as owners are still waiting: my SoCal office colleague is an owner (X) and stood in line (M3), but still has not been contacted to configure.

Same with a friend here in the bay area.

TonyWilliams

Jun 11, 2012
San Diego - Tesla powered Rav4 EV
D4F35EFB-DC37-48F3-9FE0-4B3EA1FD2392.jpeg
07D864B2-DEC4-4FCB-8F77-5A8FE4A0D2A6.jpeg
I camped out in San Diego, and was the 15th person in line (also got interviewed by several media outlets).

Current Tesla Model S owner.

Obviously, I live in California.

Not a Tesla / SpaceX / Solar City employee

I have paid the second $2500 non-refundable deposit, and been contacted by phone on Sunday (Dec 9) about delivery.

My second Model 3 reservation was also updated to confirm what basic configuration I want on that one.

hill

Apr 21, 2015
Lake Forest, CA
.......snip.... I camped out in San Diego, and was the 15th person in line (also got interviewed by several media outlets)....snip......
Tony i see $5K for advanced AP - was that required? So many of us AP2 folk are disappointed with its ability to even match AP1 ....
I'm presuming all the hardware is already installed (like on our X - whether we paid for activation or not), it's just a matter of an OTA update?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC