Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is pretty interesting, I am a current Model S Owner and put my deposit down for my Model 3 in store on the 31st at around 12:15 pm. Still waiting for invitation to configure. Delivery is supposedly between November -January Delivery. Ill keep you guys updated.
I made my deposit at Dadeland at 09:02 on the 31st. I was second in line. No invitation for me either.

Got invite this morning (12/8) and ordered a midnight silver with aero wheels.

I reserved around 1:30 pm on 3/31/16. Current owner of a beautiful red refreshed 2016 Model S 75D.

Tesla_Model_3.jpeg

exactly my point. anyway, i was in this SC on monday and they told me an employee did take a delivery at this location on 1-Dec. i then asked when's the next employee M3 delivery and they stated they cannot talk about M3 at all until its public knowledge.
That is true, I think. OTOH, if a long-time owner with multiple collateral sales just happened to be there when deliveries were happening...
The Model 3's i have seen thus far have been covered with car covers similar to those Tesla sells for Model S. However, the two I saw were the first non-employee FL sales AFAIK. I, too, suspect that they were 'connected' since it is unlikely that deliveries of normal prior owners would be happening here when very early reservations from owners have not yet been invited to configure. Of course, priorities do change...

Any news on cream / white interior yet? At first, it was supposed to be available in the late fall and I wonder if anyone has heard any updates.
No.

Non-owners have a ways to go, as owners are still waiting: my SoCal office colleague is an owner (X) and stood in line (M3), but still has not been contacted to configure.

Same with a friend here in the bay area.

D4F35EFB-DC37-48F3-9FE0-4B3EA1FD2392.jpeg
07D864B2-DEC4-4FCB-8F77-5A8FE4A0D2A6.jpeg
I camped out in San Diego, and was the 15th person in line (also got interviewed by several media outlets).

Current Tesla Model S owner.

Obviously, I live in California.

Not a Tesla / SpaceX / Solar City employee

I have paid the second $2500 non-refundable deposit, and been contacted by phone on Sunday (Dec 9) about delivery.

My second Model 3 reservation was also updated to confirm what basic configuration I want on that one.

.......snip.... I camped out in San Diego, and was the 15th person in line (also got interviewed by several media outlets)....snip......
Tony i see $5K for advanced AP - was that required? So many of us AP2 folk are disappointed with its ability to even match AP1 ....
I'm presuming all the hardware is already installed (like on our X - whether we paid for activation or not), it's just a matter of an OTA update?