Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just got a model 3 With White seats, Does anyone has any recommendation or experience with what leather conditioner is the best and how often to condition seats to make them last a very long time ? How would you treat and clean them ?

Thank You!

I’ve posted the documentation from Ultrafabric several times. I use the Clorox counter wipes to clean the seats with a little water and paper towel to remove any residue. That’s approximately what their instructions are.

There is no ‘conditioner’ for the ‘fabric’.

Here’s a pdf from their site:

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

Tesla advises not to use any chemical products on the seat. There is already protective coating on the surface. You will only do more harm than good.

Interesting And Yes I do Have the white Vegan leather seats the Gen 2 Seats, So don't use anything I guess to condition them ? I heard some people are just using baby wipes To clean seats as needed but no one at least I know off has talked about conditioning the seats.

I use Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer Spray. It works on all the surfaces except the suede, has a nice smell, and leaves no film or residue over top. Not too expensive and they come in wipes if that is preferred.

Meguiar's® Quik Interior Detailer™, G13616, 16 oz., Spray | Meguiar's

One note on the wipes. The dispenser thingie they come in sucks. All the wipes dried out in less than one week after I opened it. Put them in a resealable bag if you don't want to have to re-hydrate them every time you go to use them.

I'm a little weirded out by the OP question, are people really thinking these cars have leather seats?

Even on most leather seats they are coated in a durable sealant almost like a clear coat for leather.... similar to what is on a shiny leather jacket. You really shouldn't need to condition/moisturize it at all.... just use a very mild cleaner on it.

One note on the wipes. The dispenser thingie they come in sucks. All the wipes dried out in less than one week after I opened it. Put them in a resealable bag if you don't want to have to re-hydrate them every time you go to use them.
Agreed. All containers like this have limited shelf life once opened. I prefer the spray and a microfiber cloth.

I would use a damp edgeless microfiber. If that doesn't suffice, either try adding some dish detergent diluted in warm water, or I prefer Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner because its very mild. Some people use ONR, I haven't tried that. I like to keep it as simple and mild as possible.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Interesting And Yes I do Have the white Vegan leather seats the Gen 2 Seats, So don't use anything I guess to condition them ? I heard some people are just using baby wipes To clean seats as needed but no one at least I know off has talked about conditioning the seats.
Ever seen a car a few years old with cracking or spider veined seats? That’s from lack of conditioning. The seat is just another version of skin and the environment, humidity, etc., takes its toll. Baby wipes are a cleaner. They aren’t a conditioner nor are they particularly gentle.

Ever seen a car a few years old with cracking or spider veined seats? That’s from lack of conditioning. The seat is just another version of skin and the environment, humidity, etc., takes its toll. Baby wipes are a cleaner. They aren’t a conditioner nor are they particularly gentle.

How do you condition plastic? The seats are vegan - plastic.

Question - have you ever conditioned vegan seats before? I don't know of any car that uses Tesla's material. Its NOT leather.