Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Showrooms That Have the 2016 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a MS and a MX parked next to each other on the street and I really prefer the "classic" MS front end over the new front end. Am I alone in this thinking? Not really a fan of the way the frunk meets the hood on the new design, but I'd take the increased range ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: gsxdsm
went to the Santa Monica location today and saw the "Face Lift" MS up close! its really nice in person and the new headlights are sexy. the center console is much nicer that the original add on much better made. Just like the MX version, the top panel smoothly slides up with minimal effort to reveal a spacious storage area for drinks and/or personal items. when its time to close it, just a slight push of your finger and, the panel automatically slides back to it's original position. The "rear" cup holders, (sorry, nothing in the back seat area) are actually the same ones that are resting under the sliding arm rests.

Something else I found out thanks to Gordon, the new painted rocker panels don't stop on the sides but curve around and continue under the car about 6" or so for a smooth/clean look.

I also ran my fingers under the lip where front license plate is attached, you can feel the 2 screws that hold it in place and they are easily removed for a "clean look". No need to worry, as the screw are so far under the edge you have to get down on the ground and look up to see them. I tried to take a pict but wasn't able to get my phone far enough under to see the screws.
IMG_2653.JPG

View attachment 174494
LOL my thoughts exactly. I did see this shot of the license plate mounting point under the bumper lip on, wait for it... a Black facelift car!
View attachment 174495

Did you notice how it attaches at the top? I haven't seen any hard evidence from anyone yet! Double sided tape? I guess it is, but straight from the factory it seems like a strange way to secure something to a very expensive luxury car. Bits held on with sticky tape.

Did you notice how it attaches at the top? I haven't seen any hard evidence from anyone yet! Double sided tape? I guess it is, but straight from the factory it seems like a strange way to secure something to a very expensive luxury car. Bits held on with sticky tape.
It's hard to tell because it is a tight fit. I OK, the way the bracket is mounted, it appears to slide in and up and then basically held in place with the lone 2 bolts/screws at the bottom

Reactions: bradjc
Tesla corporate color = Red. We had one of the Las Vegas Social events here today. Everything in the store had the new facelifted image, however no facelifted MS at this time. They had a red MX for us to play with, included the new matte wood which looks okay. The dark almost piano black is really pretty, but could be a bit lighter so you can see the grain more. No ETA on a facelifted MS for the store.

Was there a sale on red paint or something? Every single car in the stores are red? Not a complaint, merely interesting.
I was told by a sales guy a few months ago that Tesla was standardizing on showroom models -- all would be red and have a certain set of wheels and tires (I forget exactly which). That was when the showroom had only Model S. The one Model X I have seen in a store was not red, it was gray or black.
Also, the Dedham (MA) store had a facelift Model S in its back lot today so I would not be surprised to see it in the showroom soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog