Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a delivery text??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a text last night around 11:57pm EST time and have heard others have got it as well. Wondering if it's legit or not.

"Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I wish they would be more consistent. It shows how unorganized they are... Some get email, some get text, some get phone calls. For me, I didn't get anything like that..I just happened to go into my account in tesla and it said my car was ready to be built.

Called Tesla on this who deferred me to a Delivery phone number.

The text is legit and they are building a queue for deliveries this weekend. Was advised a DA will be calling me in about 24 hours.

I will be financing through a 3rd party so now need to jump on the application. Now need to figure out how to get approved since I won’t be getting a VIN until about 24 hours prior to delivery.

Any suggestions?

I just received the same text: "Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"
I haven't replied it yet, just wondering if it was legit...

Called Tesla on this who deferred me to a Delivery phone number.

The text is legit and they are building a queue for deliveries this weekend. Was advised a DA will be calling me in about 24 hours.

I will be financing through a 3rd party so now need to jump on the application. Now need to figure out how to get approved since I won’t be getting a VIN until about 24 hours prior to delivery.

Any suggestions?

Most banks/CUs will give you an approval letter with the lienholder info Tesla needs.

Same here with the text last night. New Jersey, white/black, AWD, aeros, EAP. Ordered 8/1, added EAP 8/31, text last night.

Doesn't leave much time to secure financing, I expected to have a week to figure it out...now it's basically 3 days.

just got a message as well. I wonder if there is a pattern - I'm in Texas, declared that I will be paying cash. MSM AWD with all options. What is a chance that a car like this randomly shows up in Houston?
They are probably contacting buyers in areas where they have shipped lots of cars and then matching them up with buyers. We had reports of between 20 and 38 car carriers in Littleton, Colorado on Monday. That could mean they got 300+ cars in on Monday alone. I got the text last night (after having my previous delivery last week cancelled) so we'll see if I get one from the latest batch of deliveries. Unfortunately, I didn't see the text message until this morning so if enough people with the same configuration replied before me, they might get the cars before I do.

Last edited:
I just got a text last night around 11:57pm EST time and have heard others have got it as well. Wondering if it's legit or not.

"Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"

Me too. Got same message at 11:59 EST. Called service center and they said they are getting substantial deliveries daily, apparently in an effort to deliver as many as possible in the 3rd quarter. Will give me a VIN as soon as they match an incoming car with my configuration.

Dual Motor, AWD, Black interior, standard wheels. Took EAP off to take advantage of tax rebate and will add at delivery or later.