Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ofcourse we don't know whether they are prioritizing by when we bought the car (i.e. VIN sequentially) or when we bought FSD.

I think we do know given all the VINs have been very low and seemingly without regard to when FSD was purchased.

(to be honest as crap as Teslas internal systems have been I'd be surprised if it'd even be able to sort on a second criteria beyond VIN)

Got my car with FSD package in June 2018, so heading for two years with getting very little for the extra cost. Really hoping the upgrade comes to the UK soon.

AP is working well in general, on both motorways and non-motorways.

Tesla Software Update 2019.40.50.7 - Take me to Shakespeare 100% on AutoPilot!

What I am interested in is hearing a Model S/X with MCU1 being upgraded to HW3 AP. This means a car build prior to March 2018. Mine was mid-Feb, just before the cutoff.

MCU version is not supposed to be related to the upgrade of the separate AP computer, but I have not heard of anyone with MCU1 being upgraded to HW3. I would love to hear that this has been done successfully and how well the results worked.

Reactions: buttershrimp
What I am interested in is hearing a Model S/X with MCU1 being upgraded to HW3 AP. This means a car build prior to March 2018. Mine was mid-Feb, just before the cutoff.

MCU version is not supposed to be related to the upgrade of the separate AP computer, but I have not heard of anyone with MCU1 being upgraded to HW3. I would love to hear that this has been done successfully and how well the results worked.

As mentioned in this very thread about 10 days ago.... Greentheonly upgraded his own MCU1 car with HW3 and everything worked perfectly.

I'm unsure if Tesla themselves have done any such- but (unlike HW3 in AP2.0 cars) this combo works fine.

As mentioned in this very thread about 10 days ago.... Greentheonly upgraded his own MCU1 car with HW3 and everything worked perfectly.

I'm unsure if Tesla themselves have done any such- but (unlike HW3 in AP2.0 cars) this combo works fine.

Not my point.

I purchased FSD with the car, and that puts me into the queue for a HW3 AP upgrade. The point under discussion here is that it appears that Tesla has not yet done HW3 AP upgrades to cars with MCU1 like my car.

Hence some of us are VERY interested to hear of an MCU1 car getting an FSD hardware upgrade.

Reactions: GWord
Not my point.

I mean, it was literally your question

you said:
I would love to hear that this has been done successfully and how well the results worked.

The answer is yes- it's been done, and worked perfectly. So there's nothing technically preventing such upgrades. Tesla themselves scheduling such upgrades is a somewhat different question than the one you asked to which I replied.

In contrast, HW3 does not work, at all currently, with the AP2.0 sensor suite. So folks in THAT boat can be assured nobody's scheduled anything for them as it can't be done right now- that's the folks who have a significant concern about "if" they're getting the upgrade, not just when.