Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HW3 upgrade only took 2 hours!! Calibration was easy, only took about 10 miles.

Quick first impressions: AP is more solid on HW3. Lane keeping was perfect. No ping ponging. Even in light rain, AP felt solid and reliable. FSD sneak preview is cool. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to test NOA on HW3 since it started raining really hard and NOA turned off.

By the way, I did get bumped back down to 2020.4.1 when I got HW3. I was on 2020.8 before. I am guessing that maybe 2020.8 had some bugs or something and 2020.4.1 is more stable. Or maybe 2020.4.1 is just the default software version that the Service Center installs with HW3. It will be interesting to see if my car triggers an update soon or if it will wait a bit and skip to 2020.12

Reactions: OPRCE and Gt1948
By the way, I did get bumped back down to 2020.4.1 when I got HW3. I was on 2020.8 before. I am guessing that maybe 2020.8 had some bugs or something and 2020.4.1 is more stable. Or maybe 2020.4.1 is just the default software version that the Service Center installs with HW3. It will be interesting to see if my car triggers an update soon or if it will wait a bit and skip to 2020.12

My HW3 upgrade was performed on Feb 24th and I was changed to 2020.4 from 2020.4.1. After that, I have gotten 2020.8 and 2020.12 fairly quickly. Hopefully, you will not have to wait long...

My HW3 upgrade was performed on Feb 24th and I was changed to 2020.4 from 2020.4.1. After that, I have gotten 2020.8 and 2020.12 fairly quickly. Hopefully, you will not have to wait long...

Thanks. I don't mind that I got bumped down. I assume Tesla did it for a good reason. And I know I will get the newer updates at some point.

Thanks. I don't mind that I got bumped down. I assume Tesla did it for a good reason. And I know I will get the newer updates at some point.
I got my M3 back yesterday, took them a couple days due to staffing issues with things happening now. I agree that AP seemed way more solid and seemed way improved. Just seemed more smooth and in control. NOA seemed the same as is it worked fine. No ping ponging at all. The FSD preview all worked as seen on the internet. I didn't notice til I got home and checked software. The software was 2020.4.1 and was seemed to have downloaded 2020.8.1. Says 100% and full green line. That was last night and still the same green 100% line today. I tried rebooting a couple times and I'll give it time for it to do its thing. Maybe the next version will push and fix this.

Reactions: diplomat33
Got mine yesterday. Lumped it in with a service appointment for my RH repeater camera that stopped working. Was never notified/ in a queue or anything...much better visualization !......only issue I had was that the SC tech knuckle denting the area around my camera port (said it was there prior to service , which it was NOT)...Take pics of the areas you are taking your car in for service for, or all around you car when you pull into the SC..... save yourself the challenge of dealing with disappointing ethics in the SC.

Tesla released this timeline for AP3 upgrades:
EUXv5EXVAAUh326

Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

Last edited: