Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a 6MT car in addition to their Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone in here has a performance / 6MT car in addition to their Model Y? I currently have and love an MYP, but coming from a long line of manual transmission performance cars, I miss the feeling of rowing the gears. That said, I've been kicking the proverbial tires on a few cars in that arena, namely the Civic Type R, Golf R and Elantra N (I want a back seat). I'm leaning heavily towards a slightly used Civic Type R, but would love input from those that are in the same boat.

Reactions: jsight
Well, I don’t have a “performance” vehicle… I mean, a 2010 Honda Fit Sport is an econobox, but it does have a 5mt. So I do get the feeling of rowing the gears. I think this is independent of performance or what not.

Does having it supercharged count as performance? 😋

Haven’t been driving it much because it lacks a lot of newer creature comforts and I only managed to replace the rear suspension before It got cold, so it’s waiting for me to do the front.

Reactions: blinkme323
I have a '02 S2000. I know it's slower than my MY, but it sure "feels" great going through the gears, not to mention the awesome sound of high revving engine. It feels great when I rev match (heel/toe) downshift properly!! I switch back and forth w/o any issues as one is basically full automatic (I have FSD beta) and the other is completely manual (not even traction control.) The cars you listed are fine. Ability to drive and enjoy a manual tranny is a dying art, unfortunately.

Here’s my 5MT getting tuned. I’ve had her since new in 2004. It’s definitely more fun and engaging driving manual, and I have no traction control or any of the computers interfering.
B48387AC-7BCA-4A1B-B761-C791D7F7E94E.jpeg

Curious if anyone in here has a performance / 6MT car in addition to their Model Y? I currently have and love an MYP, but coming from a long line of manual transmission performance cars, I miss the feeling of rowing the gears. That said, I've been kicking the proverbial tires on a few cars in that arena, namely the Civic Type R, Golf R and Elantra N (I want a back seat). I'm leaning heavily towards a slightly used Civic Type R, but would love input from those that are in the same boat.
If you like rowing the gears, get an RX-8. You have to really work to get to the power of the Renesis engine. That was my last ICE vehicle. I drove manual trans since beginning to drive in the mid 1970s and figured it was "part of who I am" and I'd miss it dearly. I never really have since getting rid of it well over a decade ago.

Yes, 17 Grand sport, supercharged. Last of the manual vettes, So I'll probably keep it forever. Sold the volt for the Y :)
20190524_223116.jpg

Currently have a M3LR and am looking at giving up my 07 350z 6MT for a Y. Not happy about it, but family is growing.

Z is stripped out on coilovers with boltons and it completely transforms the car. Told myself I would never get rid of it because it is one of the last "analogue" driving experiences 😭