Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ordered a S Plaid Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There comes a time when commonsense has to come in to play. My S is 2 years old and has £98K invested in it and is likely only worth £50+K resale. You can make a guess that by the time 'Tartan' comes out UK it'll be another 18-24mths and the difference between it and a secondhand Raven S Peformance will be circa £50K for 0.3sec and 120 miles range and look the same but with a whole slew of delivery issues. Naahh. I wanted the Roadster but that's years away......

Reactions: Beady3647
That' pretty steep! I thought Teslas held their value better than that. is it the M3 effect?

Looks about the same proportion as 3 residuals?
It becomes a serious amount of money to throw away just for some bragging rights. Reality check that one can't get to play with 0-60's very often, The overtaking burst is good enough on most models and 200mph top speed?? You might just as well book a flight to Germany and hire one for the day.
There's a paradox that the sportier, faster car I own the more conscious I am that it's speed limit bait and the steadier I drive and the more I want to keep my licence....
...might as well just buy an Audi (if they'd get around to making one i can fit in)..

There comes a time when commonsense has to come in to play. My S is 2 years old and has £98K invested in it and is likely only worth £50+K resale. You can make a guess that by the time 'Tartan' comes out UK it'll be another 18-24mths and the difference between it and a secondhand Raven S Peformance will be circa £50K for 0.3sec and 120 miles range and look the same but with a whole slew of delivery issues. Naahh. I wanted the Roadster but that's years away......
I don't necessarily disagree, but I think you would be paying for a lot more than the quoted 0-60 in terms of performance. Dropping 1.5 seconds from quarter mile is just incredible. A sub, or there abouts, 9 second production car is unheard of.

A car that silently beats a Chiron or Koenigsegg for that kind of money... puts it in perspective for me. Not that I can or will be spending that much on a car.

Reactions: pow216