Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase an ICE after your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my M3 about a month ago for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson after 1 year of ownership. It was a fun car to drive, but once the novelty wore off I quickly grew tired of the build quality. I made $10k on the M3 and have no regrets (Hyundai dealer gave me $50k for my SR+ w/ 19k miles).
any regrets so far? Was looking into a sonata hybrid.

I will keep my M3LR but considering getting an additional car, an ICE now, a manual Subaru WRX, since my son wants to learn to drive a manual and for me it will be an excuse to have some fun as well :)
Well, change of plans: I am of course still keeping the M3LR but now getting a 2014 Ford Focus ST for my son. Test drove the car two days ago and was surprised that I missed driving an ICE with manual transmission :)

Reactions: tm1v2
I guess I'm one of the weird ones on this forum and find myself already a little bored with my M3P after owning it of 1.5 months. It's definitely fast in a straight line and handles fairly well, I think the build quality on my car is fine (maybe I got lucky?) but as a car enthusiast, I still jump into the car when in the garage and "start it" waiting for the exhaust note to hit...which never comes lol. I also find myself missing actual driving (manual). I'm lucky enough that my Tesla shares the garage space with a GT4 manual and Aprilia Tuono Factory motorcycle so I still have my ICE vehicles to experience the noise and driving engagement. I originally purchased the car to save on my commute but since gas has dropped significantly, I can't help but think this is one hell of an expensive daily for what it is.

TLDR; I get why you would want to have an ICE car which allows for more involvement when driving..but I don't think a two door camaro as an only car is a great idea. If the budget allows, Cadillac CT5 Blackwing.

Sincerely,
Another gas huffing, loud exhaust loving gear head 😄

I guess I'm one of the weird ones on this forum and find myself already a little bored with my M3P after owning it of 1.5 months. It's definitely fast in a straight line and handles fairly well, I think the build quality on my car is fine (maybe I got lucky?) but as a car enthusiast, I still jump into the car when in the garage and "start it" waiting for the exhaust note to hit...which never comes lol. I also find myself missing actual driving (manual). I'm lucky enough that my Tesla shares the garage space with a GT4 manual and Aprilia Tuono Factory motorcycle so I still have my ICE vehicles to experience the noise and driving engagement. I originally purchased the car to save on my commute but since gas has dropped significantly, I can't help but think this is one hell of an expensive daily for what it is.

TLDR; I get why you would want to have an ICE car which allows for more involvement when driving..but I don't think a two door camaro as an only car is a great idea. If the budget allows, Cadillac CT5 Blackwing.

Sincerely,
Another gas huffing, loud exhaust loving gear head 😄
I am no car enthusiast . But I just want a car that goes from a to b

We bought a Genesis GV70 about the same time I got my M3P. It was less money than my Tesla despite having far, far more tech and features and the build quality is very impressive. I got out of an X3M Competition and that car had nothing on the build quality of the Genesis. It's made me a believer enough to think that we should have just got her a GV60 and I should have got an M3 Competition to keep the EV / ICE balance for trips. I don't dislike my M3P but I feel it was a poor value for what I paid (could have got an BMW M3) considering the lack of content and build quality. The music interface in particular is driving me crazy as it's just so bad.

Reactions: Waltzy23
I am considering a manual ND Miata, I can't even floor my M3P for a couple seconds without breaking a speed limit, would be nice to go WOT all the time, banging through gears and not worrying about it. Plus it weighs 1700lbs less, would make fun for the twisties!

Last edited:
We bought a Genesis GV70 about the same time I got my M3P. It was less money than my Tesla despite having far, far more tech and features and the build quality is very impressive. I got out of an X3M Competition and that car had nothing on the build quality of the Genesis. It's made me a believer enough to think that we should have just got her a GV60 and I should have got an M3 Competition to keep the EV / ICE balance for trips. I don't dislike my M3P but I feel it was a poor value for what I paid (could have got an BMW M3) considering the lack of content and build quality. The music interface in particular is driving me crazy as it's just so bad.
Nice. I love the look of those. How much was it for you out the door? Nice that you'll also get the $7500 tax rebate for 2022 tax year

I am considering a manual ND Miata, I can't even floor my M3P for a couple seconds without breaking a speed limit, would be nice to go WOT all the time, banging through gears and not worrying about it. Plus it weighs 1700lbs less, would make fun for the twisties!
@Sukhshanti This is so true. The most fun cars to row through gears on the street do NOT have excess power! Just a good shifter, short ratios, and a nice exhaust note. Major bonus points for light weight and a tight suspension when the road gets curvy.

Definitely a fun car with a manual transmission....but you'll still be above legal speed limits after a few seconds of wide open throttle. For a Miata, the ND is pretty quick. I believe they're even faster than the old turbocharged Mazdaspeed versions of the Miata.

If that's what you want. I found the excelleration less than acceptable. It was a fun car and handled the twisties like a knife, but to over take or just stay up to speed was not fun.
What I did like about it, was it was 5 speed manual and my boys didnt know how to drive a manual. 🤣
My avatar is my Miata with some roadside debris.