Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase an ICE after your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ice? only for my cooler. Having said that, before you get serious about any vehicle, check the actual stickers. My sister earlier this summer went thru hell trying to find a new vehicle for her son, graduating from college. Everything had been marked up, was pre-sold with deposits, etc. Of course, the World has changed a bit since then, which may have cooled the market a touch, but I just saw that tweet where a dealer in Texas had a customer sign a $6k NON-refundable deposit agreement to pay $90k over MSRP for a Corvette Z06. Insanity.
Corvette NON-refundable deposit
View attachment 844347
If you only saw the Porsche scammerships.

Hard for me to go back to an ICE vehicle now, but I was lucky and do not have any quality issues on my M3LR. If I had, I would consider selling since similar to the OP I would make money now compared to the price I paid for it end of February. If I had to replace with an ICE vehicle, I would consider the BMW M240i xDrive Coupe or Audi S3

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I just can't see myself going back to ICE. We did end up selling our LR but just switched to another EV. I've been driving EV's since 2015. I'm not saying I won't ever get an ICE again, but as long as there are good incentives, I will keep buying EV's.

Reactions: GSP
Of course, the World has changed a bit since then, which may have cooled the market a touch, but I just saw that tweet where a dealer in Texas had a customer sign a $6k NON-refundable deposit agreement to pay $90k over MSRP for a Corvette Z06. Insanity.

Hahaha, +$90K over so they can drive to a Coffee and Cars and wow some 16 year olds ... :p

Not yet, but I'm on a list for a 6 speed Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing.

Oh yeah, I meant to mention the CT4/5 above, specifically for the OP, it's very sporty, would accommodate a family nicely (4-door), looks good setup with the right package, this is a CT5-V with the Onyx option, under $60K with a few options ...

1661356394253.png

Hard for me to go back to an ICE vehicle now, but I was lucky and do not have any quality issues on my M3LR. If I had, I would consider selling since similar to the OP I would make money now compared to the price I paid for it end of February. If I had to replace with an ICE vehicle, I would consider the BMW M240i xDrive Coupe or Audi S3

The same here. I got a car from order to pickup in under 10 days, it was put together really well, I've had no services, no issues, it just kind of works all the time as expected. Are there things I'd like to be better, sure, but I have yet to have a car where that's not the case.

There are some stories I read where I'd have this car gone in a heartbeat, and given the other EV options and availability, I don't know that I wouldn't consider another ICE, but I greatly prefer the EV experience - and fortunately, I get to take my time with my next purchase.

I have a 2021 2SS Camaro 1LE for weekend/track duty and I just picked up a M3P to daily, and potentially see if that can replace my Camaro as well. Camaro is very tight on the inside. Handles way better than M3P but I'm on 200TW tires and I don't have to worry about driving back since gas stations are everywhere. I am in love with the M3P since I just picked her up yesterday. I will say this though: Camaro has one of the smallest trunks and 1LE/Recaro seats make it impossible to get in and out without rubbing bolsters unless you weigh 100lbs. Happy to share more thoughts and compare both. Kids love M3P way more just because it has 4 doors and they don't have to sit criss cross apple sauce in the back!

Caddy was making a really nice drivers car....right when most US buyers were like "I have 1 child, I need a 3 row SUV now" (lol).

… myself included!!

We bought our first SUV (GMC Acadia) after stepping off the Test Track ride in Disney World …. That ride really takes it up to 11 - instead of letting off in a gift shop, it exits into a showroom. Well, mission success on their part!

I was driving a Caddy XT5 (2-row SUV) when I made the Model 3 move. I’ll be honest …. Haven’t missed the SUV form factor once. Granted, Model X is the “hers” car so we still own one SUV, but we sure don’t need 2.

Would I get a gas sports car / fun car on the side? Yes I'd love to someday, space+time+money willing. Probably a BRZ or something like that. Small, light, tossable fun with a stick shift.

Would I replace our Model 3 with a gas car? Or buy any gas car again as a daily driver or family car? Hell no! I've no interest in that. The overall EV experience is just far superior in my opinion, for a daily driver and/or family car.

My wife and I have been EV only for many years, since we got our 2013 Model S P85 with our baby on the way. Last fall a life change meant we needed 2 cars going forward. So of course we considered EV + ICE combo, makes sense right? Well after test driving several nice, expensive, "luxury" ICE cars, and of course the latest EVs...it wasn't even close, the gas cars fell very flat compared to the EVs.

And when it comes time to replace our S P85, it will be with another EV, without question.

Model 3's handling comes alive after a suspension makeover. Our 2021 M3P handles absolutely fantastic now, world of difference from stock. Its handling is absolutely right up there with the very best sports sedans, or even better in many ways. The stock suspension really holds it back.

Reactions: GSP and DocHolliday
Any idea whatever happened with the CT6-V Blackwing? I sold my Caddy and went full on EV in the middle of that saga so stopped paying attention.

Always loved the CT6…. Not sure why it didn’t attract more buyers.
I think the CT6 was a little too "Cadillac" for Cadillac buyers. As Cadillac began making more youthful cars over the last 10-15 years, the CT6 was a throwback to the good ole days, when they made luxury yachts on wheels.

I think the CT6 was a little too "Cadillac" for buyers. As Cadillac began making more youthful cars over the last 10-15 years, the CT6 was a throwback to the good ole days, when they made luxury yachts on wheels.

Maybe? But it drove like a dream. Maybe not quite as aggressive as a CTS but still had plenty of pickup and excellent handling. The suspension (MagneRide) was sublime.

I guess nobody wants a larger sedan anymore. What a shame; she really was a great vehicle. Toss an electric drivetrain in there, and I’m a buyer …

Maybe? But it drove like a dream. Maybe not quite as aggressive as a CTS but still had plenty of pickup and excellent handling. The suspension (MagneRide) was sublime.

I guess nobody wants a larger sedan anymore. What a shame; she really was a great vehicle. Toss an electric drivetrain in there, and I’m a buyer …
There's always the Celestiq if you have $350k lying around.

download.jpeg

Last time I was in the market I was torn between finally going EV and getting a Tesla (Model 3) or an Audi A7. I’ve always loved the A7, it’s just a gorgeous car to me. I ended up going with the Model 3 but that itch to get the A7 is still there.