Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla could do better than this Dual Motor badge. It doesn’t do anything to identify the model of their cars. Doesn’t matter if I had the performance or LR or SR but the least they could do is to label the car better.

LOL I don't care to advertise the model number. I had the "dual motor" badge removed when my car was wrapped. So I have nothing on the back except the Tesla name. Of course, if I cannot get the vanity plate I want, I am considering just using P100DL :p

Reactions: kqnjml
I took delivery of my first MX in July, 2016, on a 3 year lease. I figured it was a computer on wheels, and 3 years would be a lifetime. I've never owned a computer that long.

So yesterday I took delivery of a new MX, long range, which in all outward respects is an exact duplicate of my old one. Clearly the FSD is (or will be) light years beyond anything possible with AP1 hardware. Two of my very few areas of dissatisfaction with the first car were the suspension and road noise. Both are improved, although I wouldn't say the road noise is dramatically reduced. The other gripe is the total waste of that beautiful screen by the absence of the kind of functionality available in virtually every other new car. Even as basic as CarPlay. For example, why doesn't my "Favorites" list of phone contacts display? It downloads the entire contact list (which in my case is over 2,000 entries) why not that? But that's just one minor example.

Of course I love the car for every other reason, and overall this one seems pretty solid in terms of build issues. I have six questions, however, and hope you can give me answers.

1. The only accessory that came with the car was the tire pump, which I believe is required under Maryland law. Nothing else. No charging cable or adapter, nothing. Not even the cup holder dividers for the front console. Is that right?

2. AC is coming out of the vent in the back of the console even when the rear system is turned off. That's not how my previous car worked. Anyone else have that problem?

3. Is the advanced summon supposed to be active, e.g. finding you in a parking lot? I don't see it anywhere. My car is calibrated.

4. I don't see the option for "always on" I used to have in my prior car. When I get in the new one, sometimes both screens are black and only when I put the car in gear to they come to life. Is that normal?

5. The "Dolby Surround" option is gone from the music system, replaced by 3 levels of "immersion". Is that essentially the same?

6. When did the $2,000.00 price reduction take place and how can I take advantage of it if I ordered before that date?

Thanks
All the accessories you mention were in the Frunk for me. Did you check there? I thought they would be in the back but they weren’t.

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
I took delivery of my first MX in July, 2016, on a 3 year lease. I figured it was a computer on wheels, and 3 years would be a lifetime. I've never owned a computer that long.

So yesterday I took delivery of a new MX, long range, which in all outward respects is an exact duplicate of my old one. Clearly the FSD is (or will be) light years beyond anything possible with AP1 hardware. Two of my very few areas of dissatisfaction with the first car were the suspension and road noise. Both are improved, although I wouldn't say the road noise is dramatically reduced. The other gripe is the total waste of that beautiful screen by the absence of the kind of functionality available in virtually every other new car. Even as basic as CarPlay. For example, why doesn't my "Favorites" list of phone contacts display? It downloads the entire contact list (which in my case is over 2,000 entries) why not that? But that's just one minor example.

Of course I love the car for every other reason, and overall this one seems pretty solid in terms of build issues. I have six questions, however, and hope you can give me answers.

1. The only accessory that came with the car was the tire pump, which I believe is required under Maryland law. Nothing else. No charging cable or adapter, nothing. Not even the cup holder dividers for the front console. Is that right?

2. AC is coming out of the vent in the back of the console even when the rear system is turned off. That's not how my previous car worked. Anyone else have that problem?

3. Is the advanced summon supposed to be active, e.g. finding you in a parking lot? I don't see it anywhere. My car is calibrated.

4. I don't see the option for "always on" I used to have in my prior car. When I get in the new one, sometimes both screens are black and only when I put the car in gear to they come to life. Is that normal?

5. The "Dolby Surround" option is gone from the music system, replaced by 3 levels of "immersion". Is that essentially the same?

6. When did the $2,000.00 price reduction take place and how can I take advantage of it if I ordered before that date?

Thanks

The center console vents are part of the front AC system and have always blown air when the front system was on for both my 2016 X and my new Raven X. Are you sure your old car didn't?

I got an EVSE (though most annoyingly without a 14-50 adapter - you have to buy that separately now,) the dividers, a sunscreen, and the tow package insert. It sounds like some things are missing, unless the were in the Frunk as suggested above.

As another poster said, we're all waiting to see advanced summon. Do make sure you have summon and navigate on autopilot, though - a bunch of cars were delivered without the options configured correctly. Tesla fixed it, but it took some effort to get the issue in front of the right people, and then a little time.

Even as basic as CarPlay.

Before I had an opportunity to check out CarPlay I was imagining it will be something like 'Air Play' where your iphone screen is mirrored. Turns out a few apps are shown with very limited functions. The only one I found useful was Text messaging for reading messages, and you can't type and send messages. Apple Maps is not needed anyway.

So I was very disappointed in what CarPlay can do after hearing so much hype about it. Sorry I don't care for CarPlay.

• Helpful
Took delivery of my MX Performance Ludicrous yesterday. Perfect. Pics attached. Only issue is that Ludicrous was not enabled by default. Common issues with Ravens. They are pushing a software update this week.

48809D88-8BE8-4941-BF00-FD5B402E04C9.jpeg D57F2E39-97E7-456C-B0EB-19FB468292F6.jpeg Video coming soon as I have a list of stuff I want to walk folks through of all the improvements Tesla as has made since my 2017 MX.

Took delivery of my MX Performance Ludicrous yesterday. Perfect. Pics attached. Only issue is that Ludicrous was not enabled by default. Common issues with Ravens. They are pushing a software update this week.

View attachment 424979 View attachment 424978 Video coming soon as I have a list of stuff I want to walk folks through of all the improvements Tesla as has made since my 2017 MX.
I see you got the two tone wheels like I did. At first when I saw them on my car I was like “meh” but they’ve really grown on me.

The only change I wish they’d make is to change the center caps from silver to black with a silver Tesla logo. I’m going to make that change this week to see how it looks.

Any issues with your rubber? See pic. I had some torn rubber and rubber sticking out of gaps.

10FC3964-B081-49D2-ADD1-F38500DDC130.jpeg
8FA1FA7B-8C34-4134-9F05-7AF676685A0D.jpeg
EE72A3F0-8270-4980-B402-88F89FA1D74A.jpeg

All the accessories you mention were in the Frunk for me. Did you check there? I thought they would be in the back but they weren’t.
Yup, there they were. I assumed they would be in the back because that's where I found the air pump Maryland law requires. But everything else was in the Frunk. Never thought to look there as I almost never used it in my previous car.

The only one I found useful was Text messaging for reading messages, and you can't type and send messages.

Actually a text messages app is the most important one for me. I don't care that you can't type replies, because I can do that with Siri. But my point was overall how limited the functionality is. I've been trying EVE, which is an interesting app, but it's still buggy and needs more refinement.

I picked up my car on Saturday. I must be one of the first ones in UK. Full inspection and the car is good and everything seem to be in the right place. One of the bags in the Frunk (Froot) seems to have split during transit. I will get that replaced.

My initial thought is that the car feels faster than the demo previous version that I had for the weekend. The suspension is amazing and the overall refinement is as expected. No a lot of folks talk about the quality of the sound system. It is one of the best I have heard. So, overall, very happy. I will do a more detailed feedback once I get more mileage done.

Oh, as a side, cats seems to love sleeping under it already. Not sure if the batteries are warm or something, but I am not concerned that I may drive over them if they can't hear the car starting. 1st world problems :)

Oh good.

My MX is the same spec and colour as yours. You certainly can't be a shy person driving it. It really stands out.

Definitely not but it is pretty :)
I've had it for four days and it's been gaining attention both when parked and on the road.
I parked at the grocery two days ago and a four year old kid came running over as I opened the door and started talking about the colour and that my pants where the same as his dad. The dad came over a bit embarrassed and dragged him away, but as you say it stands out.

I see you got the two tone wheels like I did. At first when I saw them on my car I was like “meh” but they’ve really grown on me.

The only change I wish they’d make is to change the center caps from silver to black with a silver Tesla logo. I’m going to make that change this week to see how it looks.

Any issues with your rubber? See pic. I had some torn rubber and rubber sticking out of gaps.

View attachment 424999
View attachment 424998
View attachment 425000
Here are pictures of my before two tone wheel with silver caps:
72D0AA85-9B79-44B0-B608-8F9C8DBD96FC.jpeg

And now with charcoal caps:
756EEA7D-FF6D-4288-98D1-F23512AC0C0C.jpeg

Here is the old profile with silver caps:
25E99B9A-5EE6-48DB-A66C-8CC7D46EAAB1.jpeg

And the new profile with charcoal caps:
D5799B08-4366-45CE-AFE4-947C53CC2BF5.jpeg

Overall a minor modification but I like the subtle change and the standout rim logos now. I aligned the caps with the T pointing toward the valve stems like Porsche’s do.

I picked up my car on Saturday. I must be one of the first ones in UK. Full inspection and the car is good and everything seem to be in the right place. One of the bags in the Frunk (Froot) seems to have split during transit. I will get that replaced.

My initial thought is that the car feels faster than the demo previous version that I had for the weekend. The suspension is amazing and the overall refinement is as expected. No a lot of folks talk about the quality of the sound system. It is one of the best I have heard. So, overall, very happy. I will do a more detailed feedback once I get more mileage done.

Oh, as a side, cats seems to love sleeping under it already. Not sure if the batteries are warm or something, but I am not concerned that I may drive over them if they can't hear the car starting. 1st world problems :)

Lucky....still no VIN for me, ordered start March. Maybe I've got to wait for a whole new shipment.

Please report back on anything else noted vs previous gen....Would really like to see max supercharge speed and max speed on 350kw CCS. Hoping that finish quality hasn't gone backwards since my 2017 S was built.

Lucky....still no VIN for me, ordered start March. Maybe I've got to wait for a whole new shipment.

Please report back on anything else noted vs previous gen....Would really like to see max supercharge speed and max speed on 350kw CCS. Hoping that finish quality hasn't gone backwards since my 2017 S was built.

Odd, I ordered mine on the 2nd May.

A word on quality. So, my last few cars have been, BMW X5, Land Rover Discovery 4, Lexus RX and Porsche Cayenne and I know that folks keep mentioning build quality, however based on this current version, I don't think its far behind the German cars. The doors may feel a bit light and hollow, but one assumes that this is down to weight savings. When you look under the bonnet (or the hood as our cousins across the pond would say), I would have expected some lining, but again, without having an engine to insulate, why add weight.

The paint is really good. Orange peel all round, but my BMW was like that and its not really concerning me. Everything else fits perfectly, aligned and all rubbers etc are all where they need to be.

Even after removing Tesla filter goggles, I think there is little to complain on the build quality, even at that price point.

I have been very happy with the build quality on mine as well. The detail shop did find one spot where there was grit under the paint, but with the wrap (and unless you were really looking for it) you would never see it. The gaskets all seem to be fine, I really have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb either, but so far so good.

I second @Umeme with the doors sounding a little 'clacky' and hollow. My Audi's doors closed with a satisfying thud. It just sounded more 'closed' and weather or sound tight, than the Model X, but certainly nothing that concerns me.