Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were they able to do the front windshield with a single icee without removing the mirror and everything attached to it? I’m taking mine for tint tomorrow and my guy said the front windshield alone would be a two day task and everything would have t come off first. I’m not sure if I am willing to do that so for now, he is just going to do the front windows
I'm in CA, they didn't have to remove anything and it's all in one sheet. Super clean.

Were they able to do the front windshield with a single icee without removing the mirror and everything attached to it? I’m taking mine for tint tomorrow and my guy said the front windshield alone would be a two day task and everything would have t come off first. I’m not sure if I am willing to do that so for now, he is just going to do the front windows

I would recommend taking it to another shop. They don't have to remove anything from the windshield to do it with one piece. If you like this company and think they will do a good job with everything else, you could just take it to a third party for the windshield alone.

So I got my Raven today and I've been driving it for a bit and I can tell it's a hell of a car!
There are no rattles, the cabin is very quiet, the ride is so smooth on standard adaptive mode I could swear it was better than the Model 3 I test drove this spring.

So far it's been excellent except for the small bump on the trunk door which it acquired during transport for some reason. They have already booked a service to fix it.

I'm already in love with navigate on autopilot, back home I hit a stretch with rush-our traffic and it seems in very slow queues the auto pilot does not nag about having the hands on the wheel. It was the most stress free rush-hour drive I've ever had. Yes I did pay attention but it's so much nicer to have the hands on my knees instead of on the wheel itself :)

Edit: oh and btw.. Red Multi-Coat is gorgeous!

I received mine on June 8 but I have lingering doubt whether I did receive the updated version. Is there a way to find out by looking at the vin# or any other markings / numbers that would identify to new build?

Look on that suspension screen. Do you have an adaptive suspension damping section at the bottom (near the middle but the last group) with Standard and Sport as options?

All Project Raven cars should, and nothing older will.

image.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
I had another 250 km drive today with my wife just because why not. The car is such a bliss to drive and it's extremely fun on top. I drove a small twisty road to Soli along Tyrifjorden on my way to Hønefoss and it just sticks to the road like glue. It feels extremely agile to me.

The fact that I don't have to pay 17 NOK($2)/liter for fuel just gives an unprecedented feeling freedom.

I've never really been a car person, I used it from A to B. My old car is a Toyota Avensis (which is getting sold ASAP). But now I actually want to just go out on road trips for fun. It's quite the revelation :)

Look on that suspension screen. Do you have an adaptive suspension damping section at the bottom (near the middle but the last group) with Standard and Sport as options?

All Project Raven cars should, and nothing older will.

View attachment 424454
Yes, I have this feature... So I should feel good that it appears I did receive what I ordered.... Thanks for the quick and informative reply!

Reactions: BBone and DoubleE
Who wants my Dual motor off my Performance Ludicrous X Raven? Such a disappointment for a $140K car. I’d would be fine with just the P100D logo with underline silver. Looking to replace it ASAP.
First world problems? You got an amazing car easily better than the previous generations and it’s a disappointment for you because of the badge.

• Disagree
Reactions: 19x100D and kqnjml
I took delivery of my first MX in July, 2016, on a 3 year lease. I figured it was a computer on wheels, and 3 years would be a lifetime. I've never owned a computer that long.

So yesterday I took delivery of a new MX, long range, which in all outward respects is an exact duplicate of my old one. Clearly the FSD is (or will be) light years beyond anything possible with AP1 hardware. Two of my very few areas of dissatisfaction with the first car were the suspension and road noise. Both are improved, although I wouldn't say the road noise is dramatically reduced. The other gripe is the total waste of that beautiful screen by the absence of the kind of functionality available in virtually every other new car. Even as basic as CarPlay. For example, why doesn't my "Favorites" list of phone contacts display? It downloads the entire contact list (which in my case is over 2,000 entries) why not that? But that's just one minor example.

Of course I love the car for every other reason, and overall this one seems pretty solid in terms of build issues. I have six questions, however, and hope you can give me answers.

1. The only accessory that came with the car was the tire pump, which I believe is required under Maryland law. Nothing else. No charging cable or adapter, nothing. Not even the cup holder dividers for the front console. Is that right?

2. AC is coming out of the vent in the back of the console even when the rear system is turned off. That's not how my previous car worked. Anyone else have that problem?

3. Is the advanced summon supposed to be active, e.g. finding you in a parking lot? I don't see it anywhere. My car is calibrated.

4. I don't see the option for "always on" I used to have in my prior car. When I get in the new one, sometimes both screens are black and only when I put the car in gear to they come to life. Is that normal?

5. The "Dolby Surround" option is gone from the music system, replaced by 3 levels of "immersion". Is that essentially the same?

6. When did the $2,000.00 price reduction take place and how can I take advantage of it if I ordered before that date?

Thanks

• Informative
I took delivery of my first MX in July, 2016, on a 3 year lease. I figured it was a computer on wheels, and 3 years would be a lifetime. I've never owned a computer that long.

So yesterday I took delivery of a new MX, long range, which in all outward respects is an exact duplicate of my old one. Clearly the FSD is (or will be) light years beyond anything possible with AP1 hardware. Two of my very few areas of dissatisfaction with the first car were the suspension and road noise. Both are improved, although I wouldn't say the road noise is dramatically reduced. The other gripe is the total waste of that beautiful screen by the absence of the kind of functionality available in virtually every other new car. Even as basic as CarPlay. For example, why doesn't my "Favorites" list of phone contacts display? It downloads the entire contact list (which in my case is over 2,000 entries) why not that? But that's just one minor example.

Of course I love the car for every other reason, and overall this one seems pretty solid in terms of build issues. I have six questions, however, and hope you can give me answers.

1. The only accessory that came with the car was the tire pump, which I believe is required under Maryland law. Nothing else. No charging cable or adapter, nothing. Not even the cup holder dividers for the front console. Is that right?

2. AC is coming out of the vent in the back of the console even when the rear system is turned off. That's not how my previous car worked. Anyone else have that problem?

3. Is the advanced summon supposed to be active, e.g. finding you in a parking lot? I don't see it anywhere. My car is calibrated.

4. I don't see the option for "always on" I used to have in my prior car. When I get in the new one, sometimes both screens are black and only when I put the car in gear to they come to life. Is that normal?

5. The "Dolby Surround" option is gone from the music system, replaced by 3 levels of "immersion". Is that essentially the same?

6. When did the $2,000.00 price reduction take place and how can I take advantage of it if I ordered before that date?

Thanks

I can answer a few at least, got my car on Thursday.

I got all kinds of charging cables, 230V (standard here), type-2 adapter and ccs adapter and I think one more for three phase AC charging.
I also got the trailer hitch and the cup dividers (which I promptly took out) and sun screens for the windows.
There was also a towing bar (for towing other vehicles).

Advanced summon is not active yet, it will be in a future update.

As for the price, I just bitched a bit in the showroom a few days before delivery and they reduced mine.

• Informative