Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Raven a few days ago and other than a windshield issue which will be resolved today, the car is definitely an improvement over my 2016 MX. I'm wondering if anyone has had any wind noise issues, and if so, what area of the car and were you able to get Tesla to address them? I know that was a big deal with earlier builds.
Congrats! I haven't had any wind noise issues with my new X.

What was wrong with your windshield?

It actually had ripples in places so vision was distorted as if you were looking through handmade glass. If you looked through the left side of the windshield the painted center line actually looked like it was wiggling..... and there was a place straight ahead where if you moved your head up or down the car in front changed shape. Not good.

I was worried I'd get a hard time from the service center, but the first thing the service manager said when he looked through it was "Man, that would make me sick...." So there was no hassle about getting it replaced, but I was also concerned about replacing something so integral to the build of the car. But two service centers told me the repair job would certainly be as good as new and maybe better, because they use a wider bead of sealant than the factory.

Picked it up this afternoon and all seems totally fine. Weird, though. I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else who had that experience.

Reactions: Daisame
It actually had ripples in places so vision was distorted as if you were looking through handmade glass. If you looked through the left side of the windshield the painted center line actually looked like it was wiggling..... and there was a place straight ahead where if you moved your head up or down the car in front changed shape. Not good.

I was worried I'd get a hard time from the service center, but the first thing the service manager said when he looked through it was "Man, that would make me sick...." So there was no hassle about getting it replaced, but I was also concerned about replacing something so integral to the build of the car. But two service centers told me the repair job would certainly be as good as new and maybe better, because they use a wider bead of sealant than the factory.

Picked it up this afternoon and all seems totally fine. Weird, though. I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else who had that experience.
Wow. That’s crazy. Glad they fixed it for you!

I just got my Raven a few days ago and other than a windshield issue which will be resolved today, the car is definitely an improvement over my 2016 MX. I'm wondering if anyone has had any wind noise issues, and if so, what area of the car and were you able to get Tesla to address them? I know that was a big deal with earlier builds.

I was considering not answering, because I did not have the answer to the question of getting Tesla to look at a wind noise issue; because I don't have any issues with wind noise. I don't know how common that problem is these days, I did not know it was an issue (at least not significant quantity) on older models.

Has anyone seen the newer ravens with the adaptive suspension without the newer motors around? Or they all sold out?

I was unaware that there are newer ravens without the permanent motor in the front but with the updated suspension. If anything I would think those are not newer, but some intermediate state between the older versions and the ravens.

I could see them adding new suspension earlier in the process as they were making builds and before the 'refresh' was announced. Did they make an announcement that they are going to stop using the newer motors in the latest builds? If I am not mistaken, that is supposedly where those extra few miles of range are coming from.

Reactions: mongo
I was unaware that there are newer ravens without the permanent motor in the front but with the updated suspension. If anything I would think those are not newer, but some intermediate state between the older versions and the ravens.

I could see them adding new suspension earlier in the process as they were making builds and before the 'refresh' was announced. Did they make an announcement that they are going to stop using the newer motors in the latest builds? If I am not mistaken, that is supposedly where those extra few miles of range are coming from.
I think you are correct in your understanding. There were reportedly some new suspension/ old motor vehicles produced during the switch over.

Anyone who have tested Supercharger v2 or v3? Would be interesting to see the charging speed improvements.

There's only one v3 site open to the public AFAIK, and I haven't read reports from a Raven charging there.

We have lots of experience in v2 here though - and it looks exactly like pre Raven 75 and 100 kWh packs after the firmware update sped them up.

On our new Raven MX the FW doors won't open from the outside or from the touch screen. Very unusual. To open you'll have to hold the inside B pillar button. After you open it this way you can then close it and open from the outside without issues. Is there a fix for this or do I need to setup a SC visit. I remember someone on this forum had this issue but couldn't locate it.

I don’t have that FWD issue on my Raven Model X. I do notice on my Raven Model X that at home in the garage the FWDs and trunk don’t open all the way even if there is no obstruction, and even if I raise it and hold the red button down to reset the height (per the Raven Model X owner’s manual) it doesn’t change this behavior.

But it’s a minor problem. Overall I love my Raven Model X.

• Funny
Reactions: GraemeS
I don’t have that FWD issue on my Raven Model X. I do notice on my Raven Model X that at home in the garage the FWDs and trunk don’t open all the way even if there is no obstruction, and even if I raise it and hold the red button down to reset the height (per the Raven Model X owner’s manual) it doesn’t change this behavior.

But it’s a minor problem. Overall I love my Raven Model X.

There's a little button on the doors page on the center screen "open fully at this location" you have to hit to get the doors and hatch to open past halfway by default if it sees a ceiling.

Reactions: TKGA and Jetwash08