Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been very happy with the build quality on mine as well. The detail shop did find one spot where there was grit under the paint, but with the wrap (and unless you were really looking for it) you would never see it. The gaskets all seem to be fine, I really have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb either, but so far so good.

I second @Umeme with the doors sounding a little 'clacky' and hollow. My Audi's doors closed with a satisfying thud. It just sounded more 'closed' and weather or sound tight, than the Model X, but certainly nothing that concerns me.

Funny because my drivers door shuts solid like my 2017 MX but the passenger door is as you described it, clacky. The window rattles as it's closing. I hope there is an adjustment for this at the SC.

In love with this thing

Attachments

• 1E094BA8-8511-465B-B9B1-1A6F8F517665.jpeg
    1E094BA8-8511-465B-B9B1-1A6F8F517665.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 170
I'm ~5600 miles into a cross country roadtrip with an average for the trip of 316 Wh/mile - mostly at 70 with a fair amount of 65 and 75 and even a good bit of 80 across Utah.

Very impressive stuff.

Awesome. I'll be taking mine on a road trip (into Utah, no less!) later this month. I expect the lifetime consumption to rise, but even 316 is ridiculous for a car this size, at those speeds.

Reactions: Daisame and Saghost
Is there such thing as a running in period for this car? I know that with all my ICE cars, I had to take it easy for the first 1,000miles or so.

Was wondering the same lol

I can't say 100% but for fossil cars this used to be necessary to smooth the cylinders by the grinding of the pistons as the machines could not make them precise enough. It has not really been necessary for new fossil cars for a bit as the machining has gotten good enough afaik.

Considering the tesla electric motor only has a few moving parts and none as abrasive as a piston in a cylinder I have put the pedal to the metal several times in the first 1000 km and I don't see any reason to hold back personally. If something breaks now it would probably do so anyway but at 10000 km of nice driving instead of 1000 of "regular" driving.

The only consideration I take into the first kilometers is the fact that the tires are brand new.

And now I will probably get smacked down for destroying my car but that's what I've done at least!

I just got my Raven a few days ago and other than a windshield issue which will be resolved today, the car is definitely an improvement over my 2016 MX. I'm wondering if anyone has had any wind noise issues, and if so, what area of the car and were you able to get Tesla to address them? I know that was a big deal with earlier builds.