Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is true for other folks, but I just took delivery on Friday and I didn't get a VIN on my account dashboard until delivery was complete. I had called my SA a week or so prior, however, and he was able to look it up for me ahead of time so I could get it added to my insurance.

Pickup up my X today on the way back from the lake. No quality issues that I can tell so far. I’ve only had it for a few hours, so still figuring out a few things. Does anyone know how many mph you should get using a Tesla wall connector? Mine is saying between 26-29.

Reactions: GraemeS
Pickup up my X today on the way back from the lake. No quality issues that I can tell so far. I’ve only had it for a few hours, so still figuring out a few things. Does anyone know how many mph you should get using a Tesla wall connector? Mine is saying between 26-29.

That's about right for 48A charging I believe. The wall connector could have any of several breakers and wires behind it, and thus has a bunch of settings for max amperage it passes to the car.

The car is capable of up to 48A at any voltage from 100V to 277V, but it also has to respect the limits handed to it by the wall connector.

I just took delivery of my MX Long Range Raven model on 6/12/19. I had a 2016 MS and was charging at home using 239v charger. The MS was getting around 28 mi/hr. charge. The MX is only getting 22/23 mi/hr charge and it shows 241v and 32/32 A. Does this mean that I only have a 32A breaker in my fuse box. Excuse my ignorance on this subject but I'm not too savvy on the home charging side of things. Does anyone know what I should tell my electrician to do to get the max charging capabilities out of my new MX?

Does this mean that I only have a 32A breaker in my fuse box.

Nope, that means that more than likely you're using the Mobile Charger that came with the vehicle. It's only rated to 32A and there's nothing you can do to increase it. You can charge at 40A if you use an older Gen 1 mobile charger, or at 48A if you use a Tesla Wall Charger, aka HPWC.

The reason the Model X is charging "slower" than your Model S is because it's not quite as efficient. You can put about 7.5Kwh per hour into the battery with that charger, meaning both a model S SR and a model X SR would take 10 hours on the dot to go from 0% to 100%. The model S SR has a range of 285 miles which is 28.5 miles per hour (remember 10 hours 0-100%) and the model X SR has a range of 255 which is 25.5 miles per hour, despite both are charging at the same rate.

That's grossly simplified, but I hope it gives a good idea as to why a model X charges "slower" for the same adapter.

If you want to max your charging capabilities, you either need to buy a Gen 1 charger that can support 40A, or you need to buy and have installed a HPWC which would support 48A. I've got the HPWC but honestly in my 18 months of ownership I can only think of one single time where having it was nice as opposed to slower 40A or 32A charging, but your situation may vary and it may be more worth it for you.

I just snipped and annotated this from the Tesla site. You can see the charge rates for the three charging methods. Yours will actually be about 10% higher than what's listed here because the new Raven motors are more efficient, so your speeds for the three ratings will be about 33, 27, and 22mph for 48, 40, and 32 amps respectively.
tempsnip.png

How did you confirm Raven with HW3.

I have 159xxx also. Remembered it showed 325 mi range on spec when purchased but it’s only charging to 296 mi at 100%.
You have to review the sentry video clips and verify if the codec is listed as H.265 (HW3) or H.264 (HW2.5).

If I charge to 100% I'm at 328.

Seems really odd you are only getting 296. Do you have the long range? What about the new adaptive suspension?

You may have just missed the production change at the factory of your video files show HW2.5.

I'm getting only 300 on 100%, but I have performance Ludacris with 22" onyx wheels VIN 161 mfg date 5/22/19

the long range non-performance gets 325 theoretical

the long range performance gets 305 theoretical. I guess I'm a percent off

You have to review the sentry video clips and verify if the codec is listed as H.265 (HW3) or H.264 (HW2.5).

If I charge to 100% I'm at 328.

Seems really odd you are only getting 296. Do you have the long range? What about the new adaptive suspension?

You may have just missed the production change at the factory of your video files show HW2.5.

My build date is April. I purchased the car on 5/18 as inventory with 315 miles on it.

Yes it has the adaptive suspension and the newer blacked out edges around the screen vs the chrome. It also has the auto adaptive suspension. I’ve only done 1 full charge so far since I’ve had it.

I’ll check the video format today when I get to work.

Thanks,
Josh

My build date is April. I purchased the car on 5/18 as inventory with 315 miles on it.

Yes it has the adaptive suspension and the newer blacked out edges around the screen vs the chrome. It also has the auto adaptive suspension. I’ve only done 1 full charge so far since I’ve had it.

I’ll check the video format today when I get to work.

Thanks,
Josh

It also is the long Range Model.

I just took delivery of my MX Long Range Raven model on 6/12/19. I had a 2016 MS and was charging at home using 239v charger. The MS was getting around 28 mi/hr. charge. The MX is only getting 22/23 mi/hr charge and it shows 241v and 32/32 A. Does this mean that I only have a 32A breaker in my fuse box. Excuse my ignorance on this subject but I'm not too savvy on the home charging side of things. Does anyone know what I should tell my electrician to do to get the max charging capabilities out of my new MX?

Advice to future trade in's, keep your UMC1, it's just better hardware. Throw the new cost-reduced UMC2 into your trade in before Tesla takes it away.

Reactions: bhzmark
Advice to future trade in's, keep your UMC1, it's just better hardware. Throw the new cost-reduced UMC2 into your trade in before Tesla takes it away.

I debated doing that, and if the shipping on my 14-50 adapter that they no longer include is delayed any longer I may come to seriously regret not doing it.

The reason I chose not to is that the second generation UMC adds actual temperature monitoring to the plug ends, and the different plug design means it doesn't hang out so far and torque the plug connection.

Reactions: bhzmark