Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FE7F0F6F-B2C0-4916-A56D-5CD4034CD7A8.jpeg
By the way. All P100DL with white interior comes with black dash and white seats. I love it. Had white in my old X and like this combo better. And it separates a bit.

Not a huge fan of the “wood” that I know mine comes with. Gonna need to carbon fiber wrap it!

I hope the suspension is soft. I want a couch ride. I liked the ride in in my air suspension S. While I like my 3, the S was my fav ride thus far.

FYI: I had mine carbon wrapped, and it looks awesome. They did a great job. But I want to warn you that on the door handles, the wood parts are directly connected to the metal trim. So it is not possible for them to tuck the edges between. they have to get it as close as possible and cut. I am not concerned with it peeling off, but it is not as good as it could be. I need to take some pics and show though, because unless you are really looking for those edges, you would not see them and the wrap probably looks better than the factory plastic parts.

I am not a big fan of the wood trim too. I have setup an appointment for the due bill stuff. Hoping I can have them replace with carbon fiber.

Good Luck with that. Not saying the can't or won't, but mine did not. They said it would be a lot of work to replace all the wood parts with the carbon. When I saw that mine came with Ludicrous (and I did not order that either), i said I would take the wood panels, and just wrap it. ;). Free Ludicrous is WAY better then carbon dash. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Logie and Atleten
Good Luck with that. Not saying the can't or won't, but mine did not. They said it would be a lot of work to replace all the wood parts with the carbon. When I saw that mine came with Ludicrous (and I did not order that either), i said I would take the wood panels, and just wrap it. ;). Free Ludicrous is WAY better then carbon dash. :cool:
When I ordered the car, my owner adviser did not recommend after market carbon fiber wrap but he said tesla can change out the wood trim to carbon fiber. Cost is $1500. We will see if his word hold up when I bring the car in. If you don't mind can you post pics of your carbon fiber wrap. Thanks.

@Daisame you have the black with ash as your original order? I’m picking up my mx today and probably going to do a wrap as well

Is the raven suspension really that good ? I'v been reading bots and pieces that people have posted about it, and my sense is that it's softer. I wonder if it is also more sporty ?

Suspension is very compliant *sometimes*. It's using some logic to stiffen up that I haven't figured out yet. I'd figure it would be something like how fast your were accelerating/braking/turning, but that doesn't appear to be it. In sport mode ride is much stiffer than the old suspension. To the point of having less front end lift on hard launches. Standard is more comfortable than the old suspension. Maybe we'll get a "comfort" setting through some future update.

Reactions: VikH
Hadn't thought of that - good way to look at it @SabrToothSqrl
Suspension is very compliant *sometimes*. It's using some logic to stiffen up that I haven't figured out yet. I'd figure it would be something like how fast your were accelerating/braking/turning, but that doesn't appear to be it. In sport mode ride is much stiffer than the old suspension. To the point of having less front end lift on hard launches. Standard is more comfortable than the old suspension. Maybe we'll get a "comfort" setting through some future update.

Thanks @AWDtsla .

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best), what would you give the old and new suspensions ?

When I ordered the car, my owner adviser did not recommend after market carbon fiber wrap but he said tesla can change out the wood trim to carbon fiber. Cost is $1500. We will see if his word hold up when I bring the car in. If you don't mind can you post pics of your carbon fiber wrap. Thanks.

My wrap was $150 bucks, but they sort of threw in the rest of the panels with the larger project at no charge, so if you were to just get a wrap, it may cost you more. I don't know why they would not recommend the wrap, unless they are trying to get you to pay $1500 for the replacement. I think the wrap actually looks a little better, but it does run the risk of peeling I guess.