Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, I don't see "Raven" listed anywhere :rolleyes:

092D70EC-BCA7-4495-AB83-FF8BF56FD889.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Daisame
Can someone clarify, he keeps saying long range. I was told out of the 3 models available, Standard Range (255mi 4.6 0-60 / Long range (325mi 4.4 0-60) / (Performance 305mi 3.4 0-60) that only the performance model could get the ludicrous option making it 2.7. How is it possible he got the long range and also ludicrous mode? I’m confused

Can someone clarify, he keeps saying long range. I was told out of the 3 models available, Standard Range (255mi 4.6 0-60 / Long range (325mi 4.4 0-60) / (Performance 305mi 3.4 0-60) that only the performance model could get the ludicrous option making it 2.7. How is it possible he got the long range and also ludicrous mode? I’m confused
The performance could be called a "slightly less range than" long range, as it has the same longer range battery but has less actual range because it weighs more due to the larger rear motor. But because the performance model's battery is the long range as opposed to the (has fewer cells or is software locked) short range, most consider it a "long range" model as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: davezforce
It actually had ripples in places so vision was distorted as if you were looking through handmade glass. If you looked through the left side of the windshield the painted center line actually looked like it was wiggling..... and there was a place straight ahead where if you moved your head up or down the car in front changed shape. Not good.

I was worried I'd get a hard time from the service center, but the first thing the service manager said when he looked through it was "Man, that would make me sick...." So there was no hassle about getting it replaced, but I was also concerned about replacing something so integral to the build of the car. But two service centers told me the repair job would certainly be as good as new and maybe better, because they use a wider bead of sealant than the factory.

Picked it up this afternoon and all seems totally fine. Weird, though. I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else who had that experience.

Mine has the same ripple effect at the right upper corner of the passenger side windshield. I just let it go. Typically I don't look that direction.

The performance could be called a "slightly less range than" long range, as it has the same longer range battery but has less actual range because it weighs more due to the larger rear motor. But because the performance model's battery is the long range as opposed to the (has fewer cells or is software locked) short range, most consider it a "long range" model as well.
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that I couldn’t have bought a long range and then added the ludicrous to get the 2.7 0-60. I woulda been a little pissed for them not being clear then lol.

Yes, Tesla did not rename the Model X or S "raven", that is the point I was trying to make sense people keep referring to their new X or S as a "Raven".

Easier and more specific than "refresh" (which refresh?)

I suppose we could have adopted the approach used when some other manufactures make big changes mid year and call them 2019.5 S and X.

Gotta identify the hardware you're working with somehow...

Yes, Tesla did not rename the Model X or S "raven", that is the point I was trying to make sense people keep referring to their new X or S as a "Raven".
For the other 99% of us using "Raven" is much easier than trying to site all of the upgrades in detail every time when referring the RAVEN refresh model S & X.

Even the main stream media, if you consider Electrek main stream, uses Raven to refer to the new refreshed model:
First look at Tesla's new Raven Model S/X adaptive suspension - Electrek

Last edited:
For the other 99% of us using "Raven" is much easier than trying to site all of the upgrades in detail every time when referring the RAVEN refresh model S & X.

This. Since Tesla did not change the model or trim names, 'Raven' is currently the simplest way to refer to the current-revision vehicles. Eventually I'm sure it'll fall out of use now that we're moving further from the point at which they were introduced (and where people were receiving both Raven and pre-Raven vehicles).

Mine has the same ripple effect at the right upper corner of the passenger side windshield. I just let it go. Typically I don't look that direction.

If that were all it was I would have let it go too. But these were right in my line of sight. As I think I said, even the Tesla service manager said it would make him sick looking through it. I'm sure any glass that large is subject to production variations. At least they replaced it without any question.

I guess i'm the unlucky one here so far, but list of issues since receiving a Raven refresh delivered in June 2019:
  • Steering Wheel Vibration issue: 2 Service Center visits - the last visit had a road force balance, resolves issue about 95% of the time, i've come to the conclusion that the wheels are not just not 'balanced round' and I don't want to buy new tires.
  • AC Compressor causes accelerator pedal to vibrate aggressively when fan speeds are between 9 to 11: Service center visit scheduled
On the AC issue, anyone else see this or reproduce? As a test, turn the AC on and either set it to LO or manually set the fan speed anywhere between 9 and 11 (to force the AC compressor to have to work hard). After a minute or so, you'll start to feel the accelerator pedal vibrate like it's going to pop off.

One more thing, make sure that the 'recirculating' air option is NOT on as that will alleviate pressure from the AC compressor and even though the fan speed is 9,10, or 11, the AC doesn't have to work that hard because it's not pulling in warm air from the outside that it has to cool. I verified that the vibrating stopped immediately when I switched recirculating ON and fan speeds were at 9, 10, or 11.

Last edited:
I have not noticed that on mine but will test when I have a chance. Only issue I've run into is the rubber seal in the falcon doors leaves a little to be desired when opening after it's been raining--drops some water into the 2nd row. Mobile service came out and adjusted it and said that if it continues to be a problem they'll replace the whole rubber piece at the service center for us.