Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received UWB (Ultra Wideband) phone key functionality on Refreshed MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received UWB message on my app to upgrade phone key (2024.8.7, 2022 refresh S) a couple days ago. I seem to have a bug. My gym is about 3/4 mile from my home location. I have walk away lock and sentry turned off for home. When I parked at the gym walk away lock did not work and sentry did not come on. The car seemed to think it was at home.

From the research I've been doing on this, enabling UWB on the iPhone is thru Settings | Privacy & Security | Location Services | System Services | Networking & Wireless. If that's green, UWB is on. It's a little weird to me, but that's what I read from a few sites.

To see if you've used UWB for your Tesla, another site said to navigate to Settings | Privacy & Security | Nearby Interactions. They indicate you're supposed to see something related to Tesla there, but I don't know what you're supposed to see. I also do not know for certain if you're supposed to be standing near your Tesla for this to work or not.

Unfortunately I have a 2023MY and it does not have UWB in it so none of this applies to me. Hopefully it helps you.

Thanks for this clarification. My “Settings | Privacy & Security | Nearby Interactions” list is empty for now.

I am waiting to get 2024.8.7. Hopefully that will enable UWB on my car.

Reactions: AAKEE
Just curious what the OLDEST Model S and X that have this hardware are. I’m running FSD so my car doesn’t have a recent firmware that supports UWB, but it will eventually.

The question is whether the hardware is there, or not. October 2021 build here.

Just curious what the OLDEST Model S and X that have this hardware are. I’m running FSD so my car doesn’t have a recent firmware that supports UWB, but it will eventually.

The question is whether the hardware is there, or not. October 2021 build here.
I'm pretty certain the models that have UWB are pretty limited at this point. According to the link below, only the refresh (aka "Highland") Model 3 and 2023 Model X have UWB support. This is why I was bummed that the 2023 Model Y does not have it...I thought it would be new enough. I would be surprised if any 2021 S or X have this hardware.

Article link: Tesla Enhances Phone Key Functionality with Ultra-Wideband in Latest Update - CleanTechnica.

I'm pretty certain the models that have UWB are pretty limited at this point. According to the link below, only the refresh (aka "Highland") Model 3 and 2023 Model X have UWB support. This is why I was bummed that the 2023 Model Y does not have it...I thought it would be new enough. I would be surprised if any 2021 S or X have this hardware.

Article link: Tesla Enhances Phone Key Functionality with Ultra-Wideband in Latest Update - CleanTechnica.
I’m pretty sure all 2021 S/X have the hardware

My 2021 1st edition Refresh S "says" I have it with 2024.8.7. After the install my phone had a pop up to enable it so I did.

Here is what is under Privacy & Security / Nearby Interactions

IMG_1552.png