Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received UWB (Ultra Wideband) phone key functionality on Refreshed MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“In the Tesla App” is this the phone app or in the car? My iPhone 15 doesn’t have a “phone key option” in the Tesla app. I couldn’t find it on the car. I deleted my current Iphone key and re paired it, nothing changed in the options. Guess I don’t have it on my “22 Plaid X?
I DID get the notice in the update as above for 2024.2.3 for ultrawide band phone key.

Only White, Black, Grey and Blue MS cars are getting 2024.8.7 and UWB at this time…Must be…since mine is 2023 ultra red MSP and I’m stuck on 2024.8.4 and waiting….waiting….🤣🤣🤣

I got a ‘23 ultra red and got it. I’m on 2024.8.7. My 2020 model 3 (which my daughter drives) just got 2024.3.10 yesterday, which has the full self driving trial. I need to ask her if she got the wideband key- not sure if her hardware supports it.

You Have a 2023 MS, correct?

2023 Model S Plaid.

IMG_0312.jpeg

“In the Tesla App” is this the phone app or in the car? My iPhone 15 doesn’t have a “phone key option” in the Tesla app. I couldn’t find it on the car. I deleted my current Iphone key and re paired it, nothing changed in the options. Guess I don’t have it on my “22 Plaid X?
I DID get the notice in the update as above for 2024.2.3 for ultrawide band phone key.

I just checked my “nearby interactions” on my phone and it now shows Tesla and I noticed this afternoon that my driver’s door opened quicker and without the need to take my phone from my pocket and wake up the phone. So, I guess it works on the “22 Plaid X!

I'm also stuck on 2024.8.4 and impatiently waiting for 2024.8.7. I was on the fence for upgrading to a new phone and used the new UWB key functionality as justification to myself to buy the new phone earlier this week.

My slightly educated guess is that there is specific, custom code needed to support the various UWB chipsets. Tesla may have had to use different suppliers and/or versions of those chipsets so what works for one car may not work for another.

The Bluetooth key on the MSP and MYP work pretty well for us. The only time I have problems is when I have my iPhone in my back pocket and my body apparently blocks the signal.