Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret buying the Acceleration Boost for their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d say it’s worth 1-1.4K but 2k is a bit out of reach. I will say that the cost delta between LR and Performance, it IS worth it when you think about total
Cost of vehicle.

Just think of it like how you would treat an ICE... I've gotten headers/intakes/exhaust/tune/etc on my ICE cars, so getting AB was a no-brainer for me. Only reason I didn't get performance is becuase it doesn't come in a 7 seat configuration.

No impact on your battery degradation that I can tell. It is not like you can continuously use it and it basically just improves your 0-60 times. Don't see any improvement at let's say 80 mph and up.

Best mod though I've done to both my Y and 3. I hope they'll come out with something similar for my S as well.

The boost is all gone pretty much by 60 mph. In testing on my Y, it knocked about .4 seconds off its 30-70 mph sprint and made it comparable to a MYP in that speed range.

I didn't see a huge difference in the 0-10 mph range, but basically, it knocked off about 0.1 seconds off every 10 mph interval to 60 mph.

I picked up my MY yesterday that was on hold since 2020 at the 49,990 price.

Wondering if it’s worth getting acceleration boost and wheels or just selling and getting a MYP with how prices have been. I also have a P ordered at 63990 price currently on hold.