Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they are pushing 2020.24.6.11 more now. Just got it on 2015 s85

Got mine a couple days ago. Drove yesterday and immediately noticed a bug: The HomeLink (and all the icons across the top) disappear when the rear-view camera is in use, so I now have to come out of Reverse to get the icons to display, so I can close my garage door when leaving.

Got mine a couple days ago. Drove yesterday and immediately noticed a bug: The HomeLink (and all the icons across the top) disappear when the rear-view camera is in use, so I now have to come out of Reverse to get the icons to display, so I can close my garage door when leaving.
I noticed that. You don’t use auto-open/close?

also noticed i got 2 tunein icons now. Granted I haven’t done a reboot yet. Will most likely test supercharging this weekend.
C730960A-A806-4B3D-ABAF-5B38AD1B1BCE.jpeg

Just downloaded 2020.24.6.11 on our Tesla 2015 S 85.

Is seems that the door handles go in as before but will come out if you tough them without the fob? Is this by design?

I thought with the new option the door handle would remain out in our "home" garage saving the door handle motor.

Just downloaded 2020.24.6.11 on our Tesla 2015 S 85.

Is seems that the door handles go in as before but will come out if you tough them without the fob? Is this by design?

I thought with the new option the door handle would remain out in our "home" garage saving the door handle motor.

That is what I assumed as well but they dont, the mirrors stay out but the door handles still retract. Kind of a weird design/feature but maybe its by design? My only guess is that the door handles are easier to break by a shearing/horizontal force like something snagging the door handle when you are walking by and that is why they still retract. just a guess with no evidence.

That is what I assumed as well but they dont, the mirrors stay out but the door handles still retract. Kind of a weird design/feature but maybe its by design? My only guess is that the door handles are easier to break by a shearing/horizontal force like something snagging the door handle when you are walking by and that is why they still retract. just a guess with no evidence.
I think the feature functionality is just based off the lock of the door not the presentation of the handles since that feature is only specific to the S. honestly I'd almost prefer them always be presented at home if possible because I hate the wear and tear of them presenting just to grab something out the car and such but worry about the damage they could get if someone were to bang into them. I don't see Tesla adding that feature though due to how many issues they already have with handles on this car.

That door lock feature is really about the car locking more than anything. I had the walk away lock disabled all the time because the car would lock at home and my kids would have a hard time getting whatever they forgot out to the car. So I just knew to lock if I was not at home but the car would otherwise not lock when I walked away.

The new feature allows you to add the exception of it not locking at home. I personally think it is awesome feature added and I do now have the walk away lock turn on because of it.

Reactions: BrokerDon
I saw the same bug; all top row icons covered by backup camera. Contacted Tesla Support today and the guy said the recent update "optimized" the rear camera and my side cameras. I had to point out that my AP1 car does not have side cameras - as he should have known from the VIN that he made me read to him in order to ask my question - and covering the top row icons is definitely not optimal.

He promised that someone will call me back within 5 business days. Yeah, sure they will. :(

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
I have HomeLink setup, but I don't use auto-close or auto-open. Had a bad experience with that on my previous car (the garage started to close while the car was about half way out) so I haven't used that feature since.

It sounds like something was "optimized" for new cars and they forgot that the older cars don't have the side cameras. Still there are AP2+ drivers who need garage door access so (maybe) it will be fixed in a future update.

I only use auto-open to avoid a potential auto-close on the car. Thats why I get the close option with the current update.

You do realize that with most garage door openers that's just a toggle, right? The garage door opener itself has no idea if it's being told "open" and receives the signal as the exact same. Open or Close are not discrete. It's like older TVs that just received an on/off command and just did the opposite of whatever they were currently doing. Now, with discrete commands, you can send a specif "on" or "off" command. Door doesn't care if it's open or closed when you send the other command it's going to do the other thing.

IMO there's just too much at stake to trust these cars to actuate garage doors at all.

Reactions: aerodyne
Sorry, I was mistaken. Mine is doing the same thing. However since I have Homelink setup, the garage close icon still displays. Everything else disappears when in Reverse.
This morning for the first time since the update, the garage door button appeared on top of the rear view camera image. I have not gotten an update in several days, so I don't understand how this change occurred.