Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Further to my previous post re 2020.48.37.1 and my pumps coming on for one minute every 5 minutes. Whilst faffing around today I noticed I cannot turn wifi off - or rather I can and wifi does indeed disconnect from my garage router. But as soon as I close the door it comes back to life and reconnects. Tried cycling a million settings as usual with no change. Nav data is all uptodate so it's not that. Turn the garage router off and the pumps still doing there thing. Cell temps were 11.2 C average (52.2F).

Just annoying for me as I only updated as I had been stuck on 2020.20 since June and Tesla said eMMC issues needed 2020.48 for best safety - I had to get SC to push it through. So I had a carefree period of 8 months not worrying about what an update messes up. So 2020.48.37.1 has definitely got my pumps running with subsequent consumption increase. Marvellous.

James

I don't have any answers for the last few posts, but here is some data.

I tried to sneak up on 80%, but at 79.5, all the pumps came on to 100%.

Waited a bit, batt pumps still 100%.

Unplugged, no change. I expect that once the SoC drops below 78%, they will stop and the car will sleep.

In this config, car will loose about 6KwH a day.

Although it seems like I have not been battery gated, 80% is 4.00 VpC, the max charge is only 20kw at 80% SoC.

When I start driving again, I'm going to push below 20% and stop charging at 70%, to try and get my travel speeds up.

See SMT screenshot below:

Screenshot_20210221-110611.png

I got what I thought was a new update today, but it turned out to have the same number (2020.48.37) as the one installed a few days ago.
If the release number is different, I would not know, as I do not record those. First time in 5+ years I can recall getting the same one twice....

Turns out this was a mistake, but it is too late to delete it.
I actually got release #2020.48.37.1 , which appears to be a bug fix for the previous release. The reason I did not have the correct number is that I took the firmware number from my phone, but it had not updated.

My car often has a poor connection to the internet from my parking space at home. Often I cannot connect in order to preheat or precool the car, unfortunately. Oddly enough, it always notifies me when my charging sessions finish, and I got a notice that this software update was finished, even though I could not otherwise connect to the car at that time and even though the phone did not display the new software release number. My guess is that the connection is too weak for the control signals but enough to send whatever small message size is enough to tell the phone that charging is done or the software install is done.
Does that make sense?

I don't have any answers for the last few posts, but here is some data.

I tried to sneak up on 80%, but at 79.5, all the pumps came on to 100%.

Waited a bit, batt pumps still 100%.

Unplugged, no change. I expect that once the SoC drops below 78%, they will stop and the car will sleep.

In this config, car will loose about 6KwH a day.

Although it seems like I have not been battery gated, 80% is 4.00 VpC, the max charge is only 20kw at 80% SoC.

When I start driving again, I'm going to push below 20% and stop charging at 70%, to try and get my travel speeds up.

See SMT screenshot below:

View attachment 638599

I turned on climate to see at what SoC the pumps would shut off.

I drained down about 4 KwH.

At 74.8 nominal SoC, the pumps shut off and the car looked like it was ready for sleep. So, it seems 75% is the new 90%...lol

After a long lull I received update 2020.48.37.1 for our 2015 S85 last night.
I liked the new UI and some of the improvements in this update.
I charged my car to 80% last night, after the update. It hummed for 2 hours, as before, after I disconnected the charger. It is still showing 235 miles at 80% charge. I know this is not the actual miles we get on the road. Per my calculation we get about 80% of the shown battery miles. Of course this varies based by ambient temperature, speed, wind etc. etc.

Mine just updated to 2020.48.37.1 - not sure where it was before.

Just got the notice yesterday to update to 2020.48.37.1

I understand the 37.1 fixes problems with 37.

However, both come with a font "Feature" that moves the PNRD icons to the LEFT of the IC.

I got to draw the line somewhere. You can mess with my Pack, but don't piss on my IC!

I see many of my fellow 85 pack owners are moving from the safe haven of 48.12.1 per Teslafi.

Don't! Stay away from the light!

However, both come with a font "Feature" that moves the PNRD icons to the LEFT of the IC.

I got to draw the line somewhere. You can mess with my Pack, but don't piss on my IC!.....

I agree! Most pointlessly annoying frustrating change. They were perfectly placed before right above the gear selector. The new speed font annoys me as well but not as much as the PNRD change.

Reactions: davidc18
Don't! Stay away from the light!
I was actually eager to update to this one.

True indeed for the PNRD relocation: it'll take some time for me to get used to it.
But I'm surprised that the new grouping on top is actually better for me: at last I notice the speed limit (read by AP1 camera or from map) as it is well placed next to my actual speed -> quite noticeable and easy to compare.

I also do like the improved Scheduled Departure, where I can schedule the charge, without preheating the car. And it worked perfectly the last days.

Then there is the new SuC display on the map: it's ugly (my opinion), but effective and at a glance, you know if you're heading into a queue or not and where to drive to for a less busy SuC.

Also, I had not noticed yet, but once you chose/click/touch (*) a SuC on the map: as usual, it opens a small windows with more details, and a list of icons representing available services: restrooms, shops, restaurant... But now, you can "touch" any icon and it will return on the map the list of such amenities. Eg if I touch the restaurant symbol, it will list restaurants around the SuC. Neat.

We drove about 150km the other day with it, didn't notice anything fancy with the car or AP1.

So all in all: very good for me.

(*) With PC & mouse is was easy: you click. How do you say this with a touch screen: you touch? :p

I agree! Most pointlessly annoying frustrating change. They were perfectly placed before right above the gear selector. The new speed font annoys me as well but not as much as the PNRD change.

I think they are trying to group all the "Car items" (Battery charge, and gear selection) on 1 side and "External Items" on the other side (Temp and time). My guess as to why they moved the gear selection to the left was to keep the battery icon on the left since that is where the charge port is (Much like has gasoline cars have a little arrow pointing to the side that the gas cap is on). I dont like the change since the stalk that has the gear selector is on the right side of the steering wheel but now the indicator is on the left side.

I just got 2020.48.37.1 last night, I had previously had 2020.48.37. Still getting used to the new interface the interface myself but supercharging did seem a little tiny bit faster on my 90 pack. Started at 110kW @ 36% and did a slow taper down, at 55% was still at 79 kW. lost track of other data points.

I second (or fourth?) this. Hell, I think I'm even seconding myself at this point. I still haven't become any more accustomed to it (although I haven't been driving a lot lately to be fair) and still feel like I have to "search" for it every time I make a gear change rather than just having it right where I looked naturally.

I know it shouldn't be that big of a change to look to the left instead of right above the gear selector but it really has been for me. It doesn't help that I can't grasp what the "improvement" was to do such a thing. Maybe this makes more sense on the other vehicles in the fleet for some reason but, as far as I know, all have the gear selector in the same place so... ??

Before anyone says it's to prepare for the updated Model S that may or may not even have a gear selector once it hits production.... wouldn't it be just as easy to keep it on the right even for those cars that don't have one? Seems that moving simply because "they could" without any real reason is the obvious answer. Maybe if I could understand the reason behind it I could accept the change a little bit more.

Reactions: kavyboy
I was actually eager to update to this one.

True indeed for the PNRD relocation: it'll take some time for me to get used to it.
But I'm surprised that the new grouping on top is actually better for me: at last I notice the speed limit (read by AP1 camera or from map) as it is well placed next to my actual speed -> quite noticeable and easy to compare.

I also do like the improved Scheduled Departure, where I can schedule the charge, without preheating the car. And it worked perfectly the last days.

Then there is the new SuC display on the map: it's ugly (my opinion), but effective and at a glance, you know if you're heading into a queue or not and where to drive to for a less busy SuC.

Also, I had not noticed yet, but once you chose/click/touch (*) a SuC on the map: as usual, it opens a small windows with more details, and a list of icons representing available services: restrooms, shops, restaurant... But now, you can "touch" any icon and it will return on the map the list of such amenities. Eg if I touch the restaurant symbol, it will list restaurants around the SuC. Neat.

We drove about 150km the other day with it, didn't notice anything fancy with the car or AP1.

So all in all: very good for me.

(*) With PC & mouse is was easy: you click. How do you say this with a touch screen: you touch? :p
Agreed with all of this but it still seems they could have done all of it w/o moving the gear indicator line from the right to the left.

Reactions: aerodyne