Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that firmware update 2020.36.11 has been rolled out to 15 AP1 cars so far.

Is there anything new in it or just "minor improvements and bug fixes"?
I haven't gotten it yet, but according to this post: Regenerative braking control missing
they removed the switch for regen braking standard/low.

The inability to switch it to low is a serious safety issue on snowy/icy roads.

• Informative
Reactions: BigNick
It seems that firmware update 2020.36.11 has been rolled out to 15 AP1 cars so far.

Is there anything new in it or just "minor improvements and bug fixes"?

Hopefully the first AP1 person who receives it and notices anything worth mentioning posts in here for us all to peruse.

I haven't gotten it yet, but according to this post: Regenerative braking control missing
they removed the switch for regen braking standard/low.

The inability to switch it to low is a serious safety issue on snowy/icy roads.

Unless they have programmed the car to do it automatically at freezing temperatures, to make the cars more safe on downhill icy sections. I would be very unhappy if that is the case; don't take my options away!

Unless they have programmed the car to do it automatically at freezing temperatures, to make the cars more safe on downhill icy sections. I would be very unhappy if that is the case; don't take my options away!
Can't imagine they would do that deliberately. 95% of the time when temps are below freezing, there's no ice or snow on the road.

However, Tesla is famous for taking away options. To name a few, loss of flexibility in climate control, auto-resizing of maps, poor functionality of auto-wipers, loss of green "traffic normal" lines on maps, etc.

Reactions: bmah and kavyboy
P85D owner here. After updating I got the sense that the MCU felt slower than usual, though I’m not worried about that since I have a service appointment to get MCU2 installed tomorrow morning. Both Range Mode and regen braking options were still there after the update.

0A338118-56BA-480A-9EE6-EF0CA1C174B8.jpeg

BC558A30-0D15-4DE0-AA40-EFDD38D2708F.jpeg

P85D owner here. After updating I got the sense that the MCU felt slower than usual, though I’m not worried about that since I have a service appointment to get MCU2 installed tomorrow morning. Both Range Mode and regen braking options were still there after the update.

View attachment 591199
View attachment 591200

I have the same navigation data version that you do which I was told was outdated (180906-1605). I can't get past about 90% download on the new version before it stops. Has your car tried downloading a new version?

I have the same navigation data version that you do which I was told was outdated (180906-1605). I can't get past about 90% download on the new version before it stops. Has your car tried downloading a new version?

Yup it’s been doing that for several weeks now, very annoying! I’m picking up my car from service tomorrow after having the MCU upgraded to MCU2 and hopefully that will take care of this as well

Reactions: SmartElectric
I had the MCU2 upgrade carried out on Monday and Tuesday this week - when I got home with the car, it immediately downloaded a software update (which stuck at 100% and would not get further, but that’s another story) and then an update for the maps

The other story - it seems the update hung at 100% because the new games didn’t update. I opened each of them in turn, to see either ‘update available’ or ‘downloading’. The downloading progress bar seemed stuck - until I tapped it, which I know sounds weird, but after that, the games updated

Once that had happened, the new car firmware re-downloaded and installed just fine

Very strange

The other minor issue with the MCU2 upgrade was that the parking chimes did not work until a two button reset was performed

Everything now works brilliantly - and it’s so nice to have a functional browser back

Kudos to the people at Vancouver Service Centre, who always do a fantastic job and are a credit to Tesla

How's your FM radio working? :)

That's funny. We just got back from a multi-state road trip in our Winnebago View (Mercedes Sprinter chassis) RV with a Kenwood Excelon DMX906S receiver with integrated Sirius satellite and HD FM radio. We preferred listening to XLive (Slacker) streaming from my iPhone XS Max instead of:
  • HD FM radio since HD is usually on in metropolitan areas... and annoyingly switches between HD and Standard FM radio as you drive
  • Sirius radio since they compress the audio SO much it sounds "tinny" like an old AM radio
XLive (Slacker) sound was so much better we only listed to Sirius when we didn't have cellular internet.

Needless to say I'm not going to miss FM when my MCU2 is installed, but I respect the opinions of Tesla owners who listen to FM's disappointment that the MCU2 upgrade loses this feature.