Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the 85 packs here’s a quick rule of thumb for supercharging speeds.

Cold battery: Soc + charging rate = 100
Warm battery: soc + charging rate = 110

So on a cold battery if I’m at 50% soc it’ll be charging at 50kw, warm battery it’ll be 60kw.

This doesn’t completely hold true below 20% or higher than 80% but I only supercharge and this has been pretty accurate the last few months.

So for the 85 packs here’s a quick rule of thumb for supercharging speeds.

Cold battery: Soc + charging rate = 100
Warm battery: soc + charging rate = 110

So on a cold battery if I’m at 50% soc it’ll be charging at 50kw, warm battery it’ll be 60kw.

This doesn’t completely hold true below 20% or higher than 80% but I only supercharge and this has been pretty accurate the last few months.

Pretty much, but my cold < your cold, so the factor (supercharging speeds + SOC) can be alot less than 100. I have rolled into a supercharger at 30% SOC and received 30 kW to start, and then after half an hour and sufficient warming 70% and 32 kW.

In these times with these conditions it makes little difference going to a supercharger or a 50 kW max. Chademo.

Reactions: vdiv
Just digging up an old subject here: As reported up thread in many posts was that the backup camera would disappear if you touched the climate controls while backing up. Mine still does this. Oddly it appears that AP2 cars don't have this problem.

Is this issue still prevalent on your cars as it is mine? I sent Tesla many emails and reports about this with basically no response and gave up hoping it would be fixed a long time ago.

I finally placed an order for the new Model S (Long Range) today. I used Tesla's trade-in program as a place holder. I am hoping that I can sell our 2015 S 85 with 22,000 miles privately before the new car arrives. Tesla gave an ETA of 8-10 weeks. They did not give me an option for the steering wheel. It will come with the Yoke.

I am excited about the new car. Hopefully with all the upgrades in AP, Battery and MCU I won't have any problems for a long time.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Just digging up an old subject here: As reported up thread in many posts was that the backup camera would disappear if you touched the climate controls while backing up. Mine still does this. Oddly it appears that AP2 cars don't have this problem.

Is this issue still prevalent on your cars as it is mine? I sent Tesla many emails and reports about this with basically no response and gave up hoping it would be fixed a long time ago.

I just tried this on mine and it did the same thing (backup camera would disappear if you touched the climate controls while backing up.). Seems like it would be a simple software update fix, strange that it isnt involved in some NHTSB investigation with as much emphasis they have put on having a functional backup camera.

My guess is that AP1/MCU1 people are going to be left in the dust with the exception of security updates. I assume anyone with something newer than 2020.48.37.1 would have had the Infotainment Upgrade done to MCU2. just a guess though.
Good. Fix all of the bugs and leave me in the dust on farts, video games & boombox BS that just hogs up more resources anyway. Talk about a dream come true!

I finally placed an order for the new Model S (Long Range) today. I used Tesla's trade-in program as a place holder. I am hoping that I can sell our 2015 S 85 with 22,000 miles privately before the new car arrives. Tesla gave an ETA of 8-10 weeks. They did not give me an option for the steering wheel. It will come with the Yoke.

I am excited about the new car. Hopefully with all the upgrades in AP, Battery and MCU I won't have any problems for a long time.

Sold my Tesla S 85 to Vroom today. The process was smooth and efficient. Will see when they will come and pick-up the car and deposit my funds.

I tried selling on my own and found the process stressful. I tried FB, Angie's list. Got lots of messages. Mostly from dealers who have no experience buying/selling an EV. Some people wanted to just to get free rides. Vroom offer was better than Carvana and Tesla.

Now the wait begins. I placed the order for S (LR) on 3/10. The website says 10-14 weeks, which is end of May or June. A looong wait. I am hoping that Tesla will give me a curtsy car. If not I will have to be a passenger on my wife's ICE car. Not easy, at all!

Tesla still hasn't moved past 2021.4.x.y.z versions and we're in the 14th week already - it seems like the next release (2021.12, 2021.16, 2021.20 maybe?) will be V11.

From the brief previews I've seen online, V11 looks nice. I wonder how taxing it will be on MCU1, or if it will even be offered to MCU1 cars.