Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Approved Bodyshop L&I Perth or Mitchell Inglis Glasgow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately had a bump in my 3, the 3rd party at fault and I'm gutted as the car is only just over a month old. Not sure how this no fault incident will affect my future premiums? Anyway the closest 2 authorised bodyshops are L&I Perth (132 miles away) and Mitchell Inglis Glasgow (190 miles away), does anyone have any experience of either to recommend or avoid? The Tesla salesman I spoke to seemed to be pointing me towards Mitchell Inglis. Next question what are the chances of the 3rd party insurers accepting a bodyshop this far away and paying to collect and deliver the car? It was reasonably low speed but has caused fairly extensive damage to the whole of the drivers side, driver side mirror, front door, rear door, rear quarter, rear bumper, lower sill, and one wheel, are all damaged. Its not a minor knock and due to the age and value of the car I obvoiusly want it repaired 100% properly.

Sorry to hear about your prang. Bad enough with an older car but for a new one, you must be gutted.

I've used Mitchell Inglis a couple of times for relatively minor repairs- nothing involving major strip downs - one was a new wing, the other a new lower valence. On both occasions the quality of the work was first class. Both were metallic / mica finishes and the blend was unnoticeable. Not the cheapest but the quality is more important.

One of my issues was a no fault claim with esure. Once liability was accepted by the other guy's insurance, all went smoothly. I didn't experience an increase in premiums as a result.

You may have a bit of a wait for parts availability, which might well delay the repair and /or extend the repair time. Might be worth phoning MI to ask about current situation.

Reactions: seadog
Unfortunately had a bump in my 3, the 3rd party at fault and I'm gutted as the car is only just over a month old. Not sure how this no fault incident will affect my future premiums? Anyway the closest 2 authorised bodyshops are L&I Perth (132 miles away) and Mitchell Inglis Glasgow (190 miles away), does anyone have any experience of either to recommend or avoid? The Tesla salesman I spoke to seemed to be pointing me towards Mitchell Inglis. Next question what are the chances of the 3rd party insurers accepting a bodyshop this far away and paying to collect and deliver the car? It was reasonably low speed but has caused fairly extensive damage to the whole of the drivers side, driver side mirror, front door, rear door, rear quarter, rear bumper, lower sill, and one wheel, are all damaged. Its not a minor knock and due to the age and value of the car I obvoiusly want it repaired 100% properly.
I used Mitchell and Inglis for a fairly extensive front end repair after a collision with a Deer and I must say that they were excellent you wouldn't know that the car had ever been in such an accident, highly recommended.

Reactions: Pajo78 and seadog
I used Mitchell and Inglis for a fairly extensive front end repair after a collision with a Deer and I must say that they were excellent you wouldn't know that the car had ever been in such an accident, highly recommended.
Did you go through insurance I’m guessing?

I had what seemed like a fairly innocuous low speed collision with a low wall, that looked like a new parking sensor and some bumper repair would see it right, but when my usual guy removed the front bumper the lower metal crash bar has been bent inwards and has taken with it a number of brackets and the wiring loom for the parking sensors. Was going to get in touch with MI, but I‘m imagining cost and availability of parts might push this to an insurance job after all. *sigh*

Had an altercation with a van the other day, He pulled in from a junction on the right I tried to go into the left lane to avoid him but he kept swinging out of control into the left lane and scrapped and squished my car. He's Claiming I was going too fast and he had plenty of time to pull out, given the fact i was just pulling away from traffic lights 50yards away i was not going particularly fast he just tried to go for it and lost control himself and couldn't stay in the right.

Anyway mine has been sent to Mitchell Inglis in Glasgow for assessment as it's my insurers approved repairer and Tesla approved, they refused to give me a courtesy car for a Tesla as in their words it's going to be months, My insurer did eventually agree to a hire car though so at least i have something. Going to need a new bumper, Wing, Wing Mirror and at least one alloy possibly the headlight as it's scratched. Just hope it's bodywork and nothing nasty underneath as well.
Car 1.jpg
Car 2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: init6
Did you go through insurance I’m guessing?

I had what seemed like a fairly innocuous low speed collision with a low wall, that looked like a new parking sensor and some bumper repair would see it right, but when my usual guy removed the front bumper the lower metal crash bar has been bent inwards and has taken with it a number of brackets and the wiring loom for the parking sensors. Was going to get in touch with MI, but I‘m imagining cost and availability of parts might push this to an insurance job after all. *sigh*
Yes it was an Insurance job as it was fairly extensively damaged at the front. Tesla spares are on long lead times so if the car is still driveable I would wait until they have the parts before surrendering the car.

Reactions: KCH1984
Car was collected today by a transporter and on it's way to MI, will just have to wait and see if they find anything else once inspected, I'm also a bit wary of the rear suspension as the rear wheel took a fair impact. Hopefully it will not be too long for spare parts but have been warned not to expect to see it again for a good while.

Car was collected today by a transporter and on it's way to MI, will just have to wait and see if they find anything else once inspected, I'm also a bit wary of the rear suspension as the rear wheel took a fair impact. Hopefully it will not be too long for spare parts but have been warned not to expect to see it again for a good while.
I just received a call from MI with an update for my car above, Over £10k worth of repairs which kinda shocked me but who knows what they might have found underneath. On a slightly positive note they said they though they had a good few of the parts in stock so hopefully not the 6 months i've been fearing, although i'm pretty certain i won't see it again this year😔

Last edited: