Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all Model Y orders placed for the 279mi range variant built in Austin with 4680 and structural battery pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the standard range 4680 pack Y's are not being snapped up. I am not convinced so far from what I have read that the 4680's right now are a worthwhile improvement. Maybe there is something to the Texas built Y?
They’re not being snapped up because of the inclusion of the Induction wheels. It brings the price up just $500 shy of the long range… well, this was true before today’s price hike.

If you take into account today’s price hike on the LR and managed to get a 4680 version without any extra options, that’s now a $4000 difference. I’d say that’s worth it for many in addition to the fact that it is the cheapest Model Y for sale (as new). Maybe the only option for those now shopping for a MY and have limited funds.

I ordered 2 MYAWD in February (2/10 and 2/11) and received the first on Sunday 3/12.

I didn't know they offered them last year at over $60K. The base price of the first one I bought was $50,990. The next day the price went up by $500 so the base price of the second was $51,490. I believe they went up another $500 shortly thereafter, making the base price now $51,990.

As I mentioned in another thread the fit and finish of the first one was really good. I only found a couple of paint issues, and I have already made an appointment to try to get those fixed.

I get the second one on 3/21.