Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN's are not necessarily sequential.

Definitely. When I got my car last June (vin #18000), most others were getting VINS in the 28000 or higher. At first I was a bit skeptical; turns out my car was made in May at the same time as others.

If you get a discount on a late 2018 model, it's silly not to get it. Tesla has no model years and hardware is basically identical to the ones being produced now. Only take the 2019 if you are planning to sell in the next couple of years.

One month today since my order, still no news from Tesla. I can still see the message "Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date".. They should have updated it at least...

I would have taken a 2018 with a discount but never received such offer sadly.

One month today since my order, still no news from Tesla. I can still see the message "Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date".. They should have updated it at least...

I would have taken a 2018 with a discount but never received such offer sadly.

I feel you. It will be a month for me too in a couple of days. What pisses me off the most is having no idea at all how long it will be. We are left in the dark. No VIN, account still says "Within 2 weeks". This is ridiculous. I've seen horror stories in the forums from people who ordered in January and are still waiting. At least don't promise false delays in the configurator.

Another thing is, I confirmed financing but I guess it could still expire if 30 days pass without delivery. And now their rate changed from 3.75% to 4.25. If they change my rate because they could not deliver in time I'd be disgusted.

Another thing is, I confirmed financing but I guess it could still expire if 30 days pass without delivery. And now their rate changed from 3.75% to 4.25. If they change my rate because they could not deliver in time I'd be disgusted.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. I got 4.25% for 96m but now when I check the new rate seems to be 4.6%. I'll not be happy if they change the rate to a new higher one!

Whoa, the rates went crazy in 9 months! I got 60months at 3.9% with RBC.

Well when I ordered on march 8th. I got 3.75% for 60 months with RBC too. But since the loan is just approved and not used until I get the car I guess it could expire...

Also I just got of the chat with Tesla support. I asked them if there was any delays with Canadian deliveries, since the ETA in the configurator is 2 weeks for AWD and many people are waiting for a month or more. He had nothing to say. Cannot give any other idea of how long it could take...

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
I feel you. It will be a month for me too in a couple of days. What pisses me off the most is having no idea at all how long it will be. We are left in the dark. No VIN, account still says "Within 2 weeks". This is ridiculous. I've seen horror stories in the forums from people who ordered in January and are still waiting. At least don't promise false delays in the configurator.

Lol, (sorry) I had a chuckle at this comment about 'horror story' waiting from January order until now. I know times are different, but just a few short months ago the normal wait time for a model 3 was 4+ months..not to mention people who held reservations for 2+ years.

I 'only' had to wait 3 months, but that's because I slid in with the end of quarter push for q3. My initial date was supposed to be Sept/Oct, then got bumped to Nov/Dec, and in first week of sept everything starting moving super fast. Roller coaster for sure, so I feel your pain. But I still think it's funny how the wait time that I considered myself lucky to get (3 months) is now a horror story...first world problems :rolleyes:

I get the point about financing changing though. That's annoying for sure.

Hold tight, once you get the car it will all be worth it!

• Love
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Lol, (sorry) I had a chuckle at this comment about 'horror story' waiting from January order until now. I know times are different, but just a few short months ago the normal wait time for a model 3 was 4+ months..not to mention people who held reservations for 2+ years.

I 'only' had to wait 3 months, but that's because I slid in with the end of quarter push for q3. My initial date was supposed to be Sept/Oct, then got bumped to Nov/Dec, and in first week of sept everything starting moving super fast. Roller coaster for sure, so I feel your pain. But I still think it's funny how the wait time that I considered myself lucky to get (3 months) is now a horror story...first world problems :rolleyes:

I get the point about financing changing though. That's annoying for sure.

Hold tight, once you get the car it will all be worth it!

Maybe my comment was to harsh. For the record, I waited in line in store day one to place a reservation, so its been 3 years now. I have absolutely no problem waiting. What does suck is that, unlike is has been a few months ago, the configuration says "Delivery within 2 weeks" thats a bold statement if you cannot meet those expectations. I'd much rather have an expected timeline of 2-3 months displayed, that way I could plan selling my car and manage financing at the right time. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Also, when I talk about people waiting since January, the issue I have with that is not the wait time, its the fact that if you still have customers waiting since then, don't promise a 2 week delivery on your website.

So yeah, the wait is not really the problem, but creating expectations that people try to plan around is.

Reactions: adys123 and lukex4
So yeah, the wait is not really the problem, but creating expectations that people try to plan around is.

I was about to say the same. I'm also a line waiter (I was like the 8th or 9th at the Montreal store, spent the night there) and really a month or 2 more doesn't really matter. But don't go write "within 2 weeks" when the reality is "within 2 months".

Anyway, I'll forget all that as soon as I get the car :)

Maybe my comment was to harsh. For the record, I waited in line in store day one to place a reservation, so its been 3 years now. I have absolutely no problem waiting. What does suck is that, unlike is has been a few months ago, the configuration says "Delivery within 2 weeks" thats a bold statement if you cannot meet those expectations. I'd much rather have an expected timeline of 2-3 months displayed, that way I could plan selling my car and manage financing at the right time. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Also, when I talk about people waiting since January, the issue I have with that is not the wait time, its the fact that if you still have customers waiting since then, don't promise a 2 week delivery on your website.

I think your comments are completely valid, but if we've learned one thing these past couple years, it's that logistics and communication is not Tesla's strong suit.

Reactions: adys123
Yeah, I'm wondering the same. I got 4.25% for 96m but now when I check the new rate seems to be 4.6%. I'll not be happy if they change the rate to a new higher one!

I see 4.6% for 96 months on the pricing page of Tesla's site. Anyone know what the other term rates changed to? I have finanxinf approved from March, but only lasts 30 days .So want to figure out what options I have if i don't make delivery by then.

I got my discount back for a 2018 VIN, LR AWD.

$6000 off
Free Upgrade to 19” Sport Wheels

Soooo.....do I take it?

My gut is saying no - I’m honestly thinking the resale value loss is way more than this. I’m also concerned as I know this car has been sitting in a lot in a Tacoma, Washington all winter, who knows what shape it is in.

I got my discount back for a 2018 VIN, LR AWD.

$6000 off
Free Upgrade to 19” Sport Wheels

Soooo.....do I take it?

My gut is saying no - I’m honestly thinking the resale value loss is way more than this. I’m also concerned as I know this car has been sitting in a lot in a Tacoma, Washington all winter, who knows what shape it is in.

When did you order?