Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks both. My commute is only 20km per day so I think I will be fine to try 110v first. If it is a problem I will upgrade. I hear a supercharger is coming to my area of Ottawa soon too.

I didn’t know about the new building code. That is good news.

Presumably the charger that comes with the car will plug into a normal 110v outlet?

Thanks both. My commute is only 20km per day so I think I will be fine to try 110v first. If it is a problem I will upgrade. I hear a supercharger is coming to my area of Ottawa soon too.

Presumably the charger that comes with the car will plug into a normal 110v outlet?
Yes it will. And unless you park your car where temp drops to -30c. 110v for your commute is more than enough.

I picked up my 3 on May 4th. It had a NEMA 14-50 adaptor included with the mobile charger.

I've been using a regular 110v outlet. It's been pulling 12A from it and charges at 7km/hr.

If you have a 20A plug it will probably do a bit better (mine is only a 15A).

If I have climate control on to keep interior hot/cold. It basically drops the charge rate to 0. So keep that in mind if you trickle charger and have it outside. One of the great things is having a perfect temp car (hot or cold) when you have to leave. But that will cut down your charging. Im sure sentry mode would also negate the 110v charge too (haven't tried it yet).

Our commute is a little longer than yours. Although we have a 40 amp Juice box in the garage it rarely gets used. For parking reasons I have using a 12 amp 120 volt EVSE for almost 4 years with no issues. We are actually in the process of upgrading now to a 240 volt 12 amp EVSE in that parking spot but that’s because our driving pattern is going to change next year and there will be occasional need for overnight 35 kWh charges.

I picked up my 3 on May 4th. It had a NEMA 14-50 adaptor included with the mobile charger.

I've been using a regular 110v outlet. It's been pulling 12A from it and charges at 7km/hr.

If you have a 20A plug it will probably do a bit better (mine is only a 15A).

If I have climate control on to keep interior hot/cold. It basically drops the charge rate to 0. So keep that in mind if you trickle charger and have it outside. One of the great things is having a perfect temp car (hot or cold) when you have to leave. But that will cut down your charging. Im sure sentry mode would also negate the 110v charge too (haven't tried it yet).
Sentry mode doesn't use that much, with it on its around 250-300 W draw, so that would roughly cut your charge rate in 1/4-1/5.

My Web account Payment details were updated today since the original April order. They have now inserted the federal $5000 but my Trade in details have been wiped clean. My tax owed has now doubled because my payment is no longer zero. What the hell?

It will all get straightened out before pickup. Worth sending a note to your DA just to be sure though.

That's what I thought. I confirmed details with my DA and the delivery center called the day before and also reiterated the correct totals.

Showed up next day and all the paperwork was wrong and took them 45mins to sort it out with Tesla Finance reprint it. Same thing happened to my brother in law in March - so wasn't an isolated incident.

Confirm with your DA, but don't be surprised if they still manage to screw it up :(

Reactions: Threader
I took delivery of a Model 3 and two Roadsters with Starman today. Didn’t get and provincial nor federal rebates though.

Attachments

• 8FCA7DC9-6810-4D7B-B377-31FE72350C7D.jpeg
    8FCA7DC9-6810-4D7B-B377-31FE72350C7D.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Funny
Reactions: pcons
My overall journey for Model 3 AWD LR MSM/black with 19' sport and Autopilot
In line reservation (thank you wifey!) March 31 2016
Order placed: March 17 2019
VIN Number: May 06 2019
Delivery: May 11 2019

HOLY HELL! Delivery took ~3 hours!!! They were running behind (that's fine, with increase deliveries and all) but they completely effed up my paper work 2x. First time the car pricing was wrong (priced before autopilot became a standard); after that was fixed, they gave me both the BC and the Canadian EV rebate (on the LD AWD), which would of been extra nice (LOL) but it ment more time to wait for them to fix it.. Didn't help that the Vancouver Powell St location was a dump and had a keep a 2 year old happy (a nearby Macdonalds trip helped). One hour they said....

This is on top of the poor communication with my DA (slow emails, never answers phones/calls me back). Had to redo my financing which was only completed the day before delivery (May 10); at which I noticed that the car pricing was wrong and emailed my DA back to try to avoid this problem on delivery day (sigh)

That being said, the car is WONDERFUL. Getting used to the regenerative breaking and the instant torque. No problems can be seen; will take a closer look later today; got a MAY2019 built (yay HW3); did NOT get any iphone/andriod charging cables (not a big deal, ordered wireless charging pad); but DID get my NEMA 14-50 attachment. Also HOLY HELL @ ICBC rates $3000 annual (transferred from my Acura TSX), will probably be changing to BCAA for optional coverage come July for insurance renewal.

Had nice chats with other people getting their cars. Alot of black, 1 white and 2 MSM (including mines); also mostly AWD, only 2-3 SR+ (atleast in the 3 hours I spent there). Couple of people had their paperwork messed up as well; overall people were in a good mood; much better once they were in the car and leaving the lot.

TLDR: as people say, getting the car CAN be a terrible experience but once you have it; you cant remove the smile on your face

Good thing I am vacation this week. Even if they completely screw up the paper work I will be chill and relaxed. Bring my laptop and quietly entertain myself while they get it right. Since it's a weekday afternoon I won't have family with me being impatient with the added waiting time.

Anyone else had their VIN disapear?

I got my VIN last week for a delivery on March 16th in Montreal. Setup all my insurance and got everything ready.
Now yesterday I checked my account, VIN disapeared and delivery date was pushed back. I found a couple of people in the same situation as me pop-up yesterday also. And we are unable to reach anyone at Tesla Montreal....

Anyone else had their VIN disapear?

I got my VIN last week for a delivery on March 16th in Montreal. Setup all my insurance and got everything ready.
Now yesterday I checked my account, VIN disapeared and delivery date was pushed back. I found a couple of people in the same situation as me pop-up yesterday also. And we are unable to reach anyone at Tesla Montreal....

Delivery March 16th? Took you a few months to react.

• Funny
Reactions: Fosomo