Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are others waiting for 2023.6.9 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you receive the beep\chime as you got close to the pole? If so, wouldn't the beep\chime + camera view showing the pole in proximity to your car = win?

Yes traditional USS don't do anything for the side so this is a plus for this camera based. But still shows how clamsy and unreliable it is.

Here is the full video, there is no bip on the sides, bios are only for front and back.

I think big part of the trust issue is that we don't know what tesla is considering to render those lines. If the would display the surroundings of the car like a bird view + park assist lines we could understand all much better.

Even with the new FSD kind ov visualization it would be improved alredy becouse they dark things around even small ones.

I had the same issue once when I was in a concrete parking garage, but hasn't happened since then. Not sure if it was still calibrating but so far no delay when I hop into the car and pull out of my home garage.
Interesting, thanks.
Well, it's not loading faster and i rebooted the screen to see if that would help- i'll see if it keeps the slow loading, and send in for service if it keeps up.

Reactions: chobra
I'm curious if any cars with USS are getting 2023.6.9?
Obviously we don't need it but is Tesla going to be making different FW versions going forward for USS and non-USS?
I can't imagine they would. Maybe they are just pushing 6.9 to all the non-USS cars as the only change from 6.8 (which most USS cars are currently running) is the Vision Park Assist. That would make sense but just curious if Tesla has pushed 6.9 to any USS cars.

I'm curious if any cars with USS are getting 2023.6.9?
Obviously we don't need it but is Tesla going to be making different FW versions going forward for USS and non-USS?
I can't imagine they would. Maybe they are just pushing 6.9 to all the non-USS cars as the only change from 6.8 (which most USS cars are currently running) is the Vision Park Assist. That would make sense but just curious if Tesla has pushed 6.9 to any USS cars.
So far the USS folks I know have not been able to get 2023.6.9

1680306359195.png

Last edited:
So far the USS folks I know have not been able to get Park Assist

View attachment 923647
Right, I'm not expecting Tesla to disable our USS (at least not for awhile yet) even if they push us 6.9. Just curious if any USS cars got 6.9.
Our cars with USS already have Park Assist....but USS based Park Assist. Tesla can keep their Vision Park Assist away from my car as long as possible.

I have USS’ and after seeing all the pictures/videos of the squiggly and “cartoon” looking lines I hope cars with USS are skipped.

IMHO this attempt at replicating USS or cameras to identify or depict your surroundings is at best an ALPHA piece of engineering. But given the price point of a new Tesla I wish Elon would FULLY embrace VISION and start adding MORE cameras to provide a REAL BIRDS EYE VIEW.

Does Telsa Vision take a long time to load for other people? When I get in my car in my garage it says "Tesla Vision Loading" for 10-20 seconds. The backup camera comes up instantly, but not the proximity view. Not that I need it pulling out of my own garage, but for instance if I was at someone's house with a lot of other people and needed to back out I would need to wait for that to load if I wanted to use the sensors. I'm super unimpressed by the load time.

Does Telsa Vision take a long time to load for other people? When I get in my car in my garage it says "Tesla Vision Loading" for 10-20 seconds. The backup camera comes up instantly, but not the proximity view. Not that I need it pulling out of my own garage, but for instance if I was at someone's house with a lot of other people and needed to back out I would need to wait for that to load if I wanted to use the sensors. I'm super unimpressed by the load time.
The load time varies for me. Sometimes I get a 6-8 ish second load time, sometimes its working right away.

yes, it's doing the same for me- pretty annoying it takes so long. I did the reset thing with both buttons on the steering but didn't help.

Actually, I kinda like the new Parking Assist. It’s not perfect but the USS weren’t perfect. I mainly rely on the live camera view anyway and being kinda old school, I’m just very particular how and in what space I park my car. I think Parking Assist and Tesla Vision will definitely improve over time. We have a new Roomba that has a camera and it’s definitely better being able to see objects and not just bump into them. Just my humble opinion…..

Still on 2023.2.12 on my late-2021 USS-equipped MYLR.

TeslaFi does show some installs of 2023.6.8 on USS-equipped vehicles such as Model 3 Mid Range and Standard Range (non-Plus). But all monitored installs of 2023.6.9 appear to be on 2022 and 2023 vehicles - so probably non-USS only.
All 2022 cars have USS and a few weeks of production worth of 2023 cars have USS. So if there are 2022 MY getting 6.9 then I guess it is going out to some cars with USS.