Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Recent MYLR Builds Coming With the New/Redesigned Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ucsdsig no, only the Performance models include the updated headlights so far.

More info on these threads:

(I think there are a few more too.)

Reactions: ucsdsig
@ucsdsig no, only the Performance models include the updated headlights so far.

More info on these threads:

(I think there are a few more too.)
Yeah, I've seem those threads. But no recent posts. Was wondering if they were starting to appear in recent VINs (like the supposed larger 82kWh batteries on recent MYRL builds). Thanks.

Yeah, I've seem those threads. But no recent posts. Was wondering if they were starting to appear in recent VINs (like the supposed larger 82kWh batteries on recent MYRL builds). Thanks.

@ucsdsig I think it's safe to assume that we will definitely hear when (if?) the first LR MYs start showing up with the updated lights.

Couple of things:

The “new” headlights will show up on non-performance models whenever Telsa is ready. However, they won’t necessarily function any better/different due to DOT regulations. They are “wasted” when fitted to North American bound Tesla’s and why they are even on the MYP without the full functionality is strange and a waste of money.

82kwh battery… this is a strange topic. Some people believe that the MYP has a 82 kWh pack while the MYLR has a 75kwh pack. I have a MYLR. According to my own research on my car, I have a 82kwh pack but the system has it recognized as only a 75.. my neighbor has a MYP and the analysis of his car shows an 82 and is recognized as usable by the system.

I believe that Tesla only ships one battery for the MY, and depending on trim it is configured accordingly. This is what I believe based on my own research. The problem with the Internet, message boards, YouTube etc.. is that A LOT of information gets thrown in the blender and comes out a little mixed up.