Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the Cybertruck's looks growing on you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully Tesla will settle with one finish. It seems some Trucks have a brushed finish. Some have a shiny finish. Other Trucks have a dull finish. Then there are the Trucks driving around with different shades of Stainless-Steel panels on them. Tesla please just pick a finish on the Truck.
They might be trying out different finishes to see how they look in the real world as well as how they hold up to real world use. Similar to how the highway dept will paint a bunch of lines on the road with various products, thicknesses, etc and then have actual users drive on it for a while to see what is best. Though I'm sure someone is going to polish their to a mirror finish and blind everyone when the sun hits it just right.

I think the CT is comically ugly. My 12-year-old son absolutely loves it. It may end up being his vehicle when he's old enough.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I just ordered one 2 days ago when I saw shots of it at starbase. I didn't love it until that video. Love it in the high suspension setting and how it is taller than all those people around it. Hopefully all those people aren't 5'5. Already have a 23 MXP but must have this truck now after seeing that. Will use it to tow our boat to the lake and replace an old V8 SUV.

PNG image.png

I just ordered one 2 days ago when I saw shots of it at starbase. I didn't love it until that video. Love it in the high suspension setting and how it is taller than all those people around it. Hopefully all those people aren't 5'5. Already have a 23 MXP but must have this truck now after seeing that. Will use it to tow our boat to the lake and replace an old V8 SUV.

View attachment 980106

"Love is patient ...". It will likely be more than 2 years before they catch up to current orders. It'll be fun though!

It's grown on me. A bulletproof " Mad Max " truck is perfect for the times we are living in. In the early days Tesla's marketing was happy families plugging in their car at the beach - now the Cybertruck is just what you need to navigate our " Bladerunner " cities.

For practical reasons, ugly is often hightly prized. Rich, powerful old guys are somehow appealing to beautiful ladies. People gladly carry an ugly Glock when much more beatiful weapons are available. Ugly Paracord is often used, when much prettier ropes are an option. People love driving essentially ugly Jeeps with lifts, ugly oversized tires and winches hanging off the front bumper. People wear chunky oversized and overpriced Rolex watches and wear ugly Birdenstock, Ugg boots and Dr. Martin clunky shoes to impress others as well.

The beauty of the Cybertruck is in it's versitility, ruggedness and capabilities. Elon mentioned that maybe he would be the only one that would find it beautiful, but he wanted to build it anyways. Said current trucks are boring. Been essentially the same design forever. Collectors go after some of the ugliest early trucks to keep on their gentlemen farms. More as status symbols than practicality.

Arriving in a Cybertruck will make everything an event. Show up in just another overpriced F150 and you are blah.

People will want these trucks. They will take pride in them, join Cybertruck clubs, visit Cybertruck forums, and read all the cool stuff that Cybertrucks will be doing with their vehicles.

TBH yes. At first I thought it was exceedingly stupid and in many ways it is. Objectively it's quite hideous I think. It looks like something a child who has literally no sense of design or experience in aesthetics would build when he should be paying attention in class. Yet, rather like "work hot", it's getting better looking the more I'm "around it".

I am pretty attracted to the idea of not giving two damns about scratches, and really this thing wouldn't even look so bad with some mild dents in it.

If you wanna stick out this will do it, at least until there are a lot of them. It's certainly one of the most unique vehicles in decades.

I've read so many response that remind me of a girl I really really found beautiful when nobody else thought she was. I didn't either in the beginning.
We were in college. We saw each other in a bar with a group of friends. She was in the girl group, and I wasn't. She was lanky, had a lazy eye, and some weird hair. Super curly, but not afro. It looked like a fake wig. I've never seen hair like it again. Just a mass of tight ringlets.
But she was exceptionally bright, and had a sense of humor.
My Girlfriend ran away with the gay bartender she used to sleep over at when she'd get off work and the conditions were not good for her to drive home. I was cool with her doing that, not the run away with part. Financially I could not afford the apartment we had shared.
And by then the curly-haired girl and I were drinking friends. She immediately said I could move in with her. I taught her to fish. She taught me about dogs, and poodles. she was an amazing horse woman.
I grew to see all her physical attributes as attractive. we went our ways. But as part of the division of property she asked what I wanted for her to be able to keep one of my rod and reels that she liked. That's how good she was.
15 years later 2 of my friends are underneath the stadium in front of the concession stand waiting out the Rain-delay at Marlin's game. ANd one of my friends makes a crack about one of the workers having a lazy eye. And I could have none of it. I was so pissed. Not because he was making fun of anyone as much as I saw that worker as extremely attractive in large part due to her lazy eye.
And so many of the posts in this thread are written from "OH I love how it looks because of what it can do." Those are two different things.
I hate how it looks. I will always hate the flat surfaces and sharp angles. Damn it is as ugly as a tinfoil shoe box.
But lets see how it rides. If it rides like that lazy-eyed, kinky-haired, skinny girl from back in the 1980's it will BE beautiful.

Please define your pretty truck?
I love cars with feminine curves. Trucks too. The Chevrolet SSR was a truck I was saving up to buy because Chevy was saying that it would cost around $26K which was already outside what I could afford at the time. And its MSRP was over $40k when it finally came out.
I'm buying the cyber(nota)truck to see out of it, not see it.

Reactions: Fairchild