Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the Cybertruck's looks growing on you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the slightly smaller size than the original and additional features added since the launch, but my first action after taking possession is to tint the windows to avoid the stares at the “crazy” driver with such a polarizing design. After 3 years the gawking will die down and I’ll still have a very versatile truck, albeit without a scratch on it.

I want to love it, but I just can't. 25 years ago, my son (in Kindergarten) drew a car that is almost identical. Basically a door stop wedge with wheels. It hung on our refrigerator for weeks.

On the positive side, at least it's not another derivative of the other models.

Reactions: EatsShoots
I like the front sheetmetal shape. Don't like the gigantic windshield and the ass of the truck looks so huge. Has anyone noticed if they have installed tailgate cables to help support the weight of the tailgate when it is open? If they arn't going to use tailgate supports I wonder if the tailgate will be able to support heavy loads?
1689037973862.png

Last edited:
I remain convinced that the cybertruck is Elon’s longest troll. It’s the most ridiculous vehicle I’ve ever seen. I can’t imagine an adult human actually driving that thing around to anywhere other than a Halloween party.

I think you just insulted about a million and a half people! Is that some kind of record?

I had to ask myself, do I want to be the center of attention and scorn from the straw chewing crowd? Short answer No. I do have a early reservation but honestly my needs in the pickup department need bed sides that are flat. Perhaps a future version Tesla Truck will be more traditional. That said, I will watch with interest as these start showing up in the wild.

Reactions: aerodyne
I had to ask myself, do I want to be the center of attention and scorn from the straw chewing crowd? Short answer No. I do have a early reservation but honestly my needs in the pickup department need bed sides that are flat. Perhaps a future version Tesla Truck will be more traditional. That said, I will watch with interest as these start showing up in the wild.

This is kind of funny because I retired to Oklahoma and I'm hoping to get a cyber truck as early as possible precisely so I can shake things up! I do love the folks, but sometimes people need a little upset here and there.

• Love
Reactions: SMLBound and SO16
Hopefully Tesla will settle with one finish. It seems some Trucks have a brushed finish. Some have a shiny finish. Other Trucks have a dull finish. Then there are the Trucks driving around with different shades of Stainless-Steel panels on them. Tesla please just pick a finish on the Truck.