Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Argh. Can't decide color.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first i really fell In love with the dolphin grey, then I decided, hell, ill go white. Its still cool and doesnt cost me anything extra. I really didn't want to pay for a Color, since they Are going to paint the car anyways - I Canyon justify having to pay since its another Color.

Now that ive seen red - i kinda wish id still want the grey, as the red is twice the price. My current car is red, I love it!

I hate this...

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

Hmm. Well I think I'll go with perf, red, black interior, carbon fiber, and 21" silver.

If I need to drive something more subdued I'll still have my old grey boxster as a backup.

I'd really like to see red on an actual car in person, but I think I get the idea.

Hmm. Well I think I'll go with perf, red, black interior, carbon fiber, and 21" silver.

If I need to drive something more subdued I'll still have my old grey boxster as a backup.

I'd really like to see red on an actual car in person, but I think I get the idea.

Cool. The red does tie in nicely with the red piping on the black performance seats. Carbon fiber or piano black would look great with it.

You wont be sorry. I'm sure you've looked at all the pics on TMC but just in case here are the ones I took in Miami. Paint: Multi-coat Red - Page 5 I'm not sure they do it justice. It's really a beautiful color.

Ended up deciding on brown. Finally clean enough to take a picture. Can't imagine being disappointed with a Model S in any color.

That looks fantastic! I went back and forth between brown and grey and eventually settled on grey, but now I wish I had stuck with brown.
I find it more interesting than the grey. Hoping to get my car (Vin 5476) in the next few weeks.

My color selection is well off in the future, but I am already hoping that Tesla has plans to expand the available color palette. I look at the current colors and I see Sunset Red and shades of gray. All of them - blue, green, gray, white, silver, black - they all turn into a shade of gray when the sun isn't full. And in Oregon, with the lighting we get most of the year, less than full sun is mostly what we get.

I'm hoping Very Orange makes a comeback :)

I live in the "sunny" seattle area, it's relatively dark here much of year. The darker colors of the S are pretty amazing in the sun where they look almost black until you hit a certain angle and the color pops in a way I have not seen on a car before. unfortunately it doesn't do that so much in clouds. pearl While, gray and silver were our final choices. The brown, in good light looks more like root beer to me, a surprisingly appealing look! white, gray or silver are safer for resale if that is a consideration. The silver looks really metalic. Have you decided on an interior color? We decided to go with performance, and would have gone with black leather but that red piping just didn't work for us, so we went with gray. the gray pain looks great with the chrome exterior and performance 21' wheels, the gray leather interior looks awesome with the carbon fiber accents and the off white piping closely matches the ceiling color. this synergy has us go with gray exterior, 21's, gray performance interior and carbon fiber accents with the spoiler... it's a really awesome looking car, we love it, have no regrets.

My color selection is well off in the future, but I am already hoping that Tesla has plans to expand the available color palette. I look at the current colors and I see Sunset Red and shades of gray. All of them - blue, green, gray, white, silver, black - they all turn into a shade of gray when the sun isn't full. And in Oregon, with the lighting we get most of the year, less than full sun is mostly what we get.

I'm hoping Very Orange makes a comeback :)

Maybe they will bring back the "custom color" option this year, that would help everybody (including Tesla, with the added price).

After much debating with myself, I think I´ve finally decided to go with green. I like that it´s dark. It reminds me of British Racing Green which has always been one of my favorite colors. My current Audi A6 is dark blue, so I wanted something else. I think the new red is a bit to light. Hvite and silver never were options for me. I don´t like black since it´s not metallic. My second choice would be brown. That´s classy.

@celter: I have the green and never tire of seeing it. I've gotten several very positive remarks about the color in particular--but you'll get lots of thumbs-up on the car, regardless of its color. Reports from factory visitors suggest that blue is the clear favorite among the colors (things not on the black/gray/silver/white spectrum), so I like the green further for its relative rarity.

I love the green color. If I were choosing in a vacuum, I probably would have gotten the green, but I asked my wife and friends, and they liked the blue better.

Personally, I rather like almost all of the colors. I see no reason why Tesla should need to expand the available choices.

If this helps, I put a PMS (Pantone Matching System) up against DailyDrivers sig red car and came up with I think 195C. Matte.

Just as an FYI, the "c" on the PMS color book you're using means "coated", aka gloss... where a "u" after the PMS value means "uncoated," aka matte. One PMS book will be all coated values, and another will be uncoated. Regardless the value you've picked is probably the closest thing. Only Sig red is metallic, so it's going to have multiple shades of red mixed in.

Fun to read everyone's opinion on their fav color. In the end, I really don't think any of them are bad.

I change my mind about what color and interior to get every day! And probably will for the next year until i have to finalize.
The only colors that are out of the question: Green, plain white, and black.

It's interesting to see what the different colors do to the lines, shapes and size of the Model S. I'm a firm believer in matching the color to the shape; Some shapes look better in certain colors.
First car that comes to mind is the Ferrari 550 Maranello - looked weird in red, but good in all other colors.

Right now I'm leaning towards brown. Depending on the lighting (as with any color) it can be anything from delicious to "yuck, brown!". And I think whoever said it'll be harder to sell was right.

I love the contrast between white paint and grey/black wheels. But as a whole a white Model S might just be too too enormous and shapeless.
I have some of the same reservations regarding red.

Black is always cool, it sort of shrinks the car a bit, but as I have 2 black cars already I'll probably get something else.

The colors I think show off the lovely lines of the Model S the best is grey and silver. Silver is way too boring, but I catch myself saying "wow!" out loud every time I see a pic of a clean grey one with grey wheels.
Maybe that's a sign. I wish the grey was a bit richer though, like BMW's "Sparkling Graphite Metallic", or Ferrari "Grigio Silverstone", or Lexus "Smoky Granite Mica".

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention blue!
I love dark blue colors, but I know a lot of people are complaining it looks black. I think that's cool. In fact, last summer I almost repainted my MR2 in BMW "Carbon black", or "Jerez Black", which is pretty similar to the Model S blue.