Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MarkR

We certainly do owe The folks at Carl's Jr. a huge thank you for working with Tesla. Superchargers at their locations will provide us with many years of easy travel around Arizona and onward. The Management team at Carl's Jr. is way ahead of the curve when it comes to superchargers. I've traveled more and more on the TSCN and found each time I stop at a supercharger I'm shaving miles and, obviously time from my charges. The emptier my MS arrives the better. Knowing what I need to get to my next supercharger with a tolerable cushion is all I charge. It does take a little planning, but that is the fun of the trip. I have no range anxiety at all when I travel. I just wish I could nibble away at my arrival "range remaining" numbers a little more. When I leave the Bay Area heading to Phoenix I usually start with 50 miles and arrive Gilroy CA with 5 miles remaining. I then charge up to 150{about twenty minutes} to make it to Harris Ranch CA {112 miles away} but, dog gone it!.. I arrive with 10-20 miles remaining!! Ugg! So each time I do this {depending on load, passengers, etc} I try to reduce my supercharge time at Gilroy CA by a few miles!! ..this saves time and makes the journey very comfortable... and so it goes! One SC we're missing along my route is Cabazon CA. I'm beginning to look at Tejon Ranch CA to Barstow CA to Kingman AZ to Flagstaff AZ as an alternate but that adds mileage time I sometimes don't have. Now,... once we have both Buckeye AZ and Cabazon CA! Oh yea!! Let 'er roll! If we look further to the south, once we have Gila Bend AZ, Yuma AZ and El Centro CA, it will surely make going over to San Diego CA a breeze! BTW.. the main street in Yuma AZ {S Main St} has been pretty lively when I've stopped there. It's only a block from the proposed supercharger location in Yuma AZ. I actually think I'll stop and smell the roses a lil more than I used to when traveling, just investigating the TSCN this past year has been a learning and enriching experience.

Driving your car to such low numbers (5 to 20 miles remaining) could be stressing your battery. Why charge to only 150 miles, or leave your house with only 50 miles of range, just to run your battery down to 10% or less? It might make more sense to charge to 80%, that way you are arriving with more remaining charge and without stressing the battery? When driving long distance, I start with 80% and run it down to 20%-30% before charging again. Just a suggestion.

@Amped

You may be right! I hope Elon posts details about his trip and what he thinks is the best for travel and battery life. I'll be paying close attention. Once we see how "The Master" does it we will know more. I'm really pushing my personal range anxiety, planning skills, load and wind variables to see what works for me. I hope I'm not stressing the battery, but indeed I could be! Once I see Elon's trip results/information I may change my ways! Thanks!

Kingman AZ today!
IMG_8888.JPG
IMG_8889.JPG
IMG_8890.JPG
IMG_8891.JPG
IMG_8892.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8887.JPG
    IMG_8887.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 362
It appears that Arizona Tesla owners can anticipate work on Superchargers near Blythe, Buckeye, and Dateland by the end of Fall 2013 (i.e., Dec 21) with completion by the end of Winter 2013 (i.e., March 20, 2014). The Tesla Motors website also calls for work toward the SCSs in Yuma and Gila Bend by the March 20 date. Let's post whatever we know (or think we know) about Superchargers within or near Arizona.

Please Note Links to other Arizona Superchargers:
Supercharger - Kingman, AZ
Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ - Page 3
Supercharger - Buckeye, AZ
Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ

I put the last known locations on a map (I know there are other ones out there but I thought this might be easy for just Arizona)
Arizona SuperChargers

Last edited:
Any news on a supercharger in the Wickenburg area? The Carl's Jr. in Surprise would seem like the most likely location.

that would be a nice addition for Vegas to Phoenix travel and I am surprised that we haven't heard about any permitting yet.

It's not showing on the "coming soon" slider setting at Tesla's site -- only on the 2014. I suspect it's not in the current slate, so will be a bit before we start seeing anything.

Any news on a supercharger in the Wickenburg area? The Carl's Jr. in Surprise would seem like the most likely location.

that would be a nice addition for Vegas to Phoenix travel and I am surprised that we haven't heard about any permitting yet.

I sure hope it's Wickenberg and not surprise. That's a much easier trip from Kingman and then into the valley and vice versa.

I sure hope it's Wickenberg and not surprise. That's a much easier trip from Kingman and then into the valley and vice versa.
Wickenburg makes vastly more sense to me than Surprise. A SCS in Wickenburg makes the trip from Phoenix to Kingman & Vegas easier in a 60 and it offers another option for getting to California from Northern Arizona (and vice versa).
- update -
Just noticed that Wickenburg has a Carl's Jr at 515 E Wickenburg Way - an ideal location near the intersection of US-60 and US-93.

Last edited:
Wickenburg makes vastly more sense to me than Surprise. A SCS in Wickenburg makes the trip from Phoenix to Kingman & Vegas easier in a 60 and it offers another option for getting to California from Northern Arizona (and vice versa).
- update -
Just noticed that Wickenburg has a Carl's Jr at 515 E Wickenburg Way - an ideal location near the intersection of US-60 and US-93.

Wickenburg also offers a nice choice from Quartzsite to Flagstaff for those going SoCal-Colorado. Can even do the Prescott-Jerome-Sedona-Oak Creek Canyon scenic drive.