Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re Wickenburg:
Its location is not a total guess; or, rather, I've posted some suggestions of where the most appropriate places would be - in my opinion.

Now, the way the town is placed wrt Rtes 60, 89 & 93 is such that even if a SpC is placed on the western side of town, the cross-street that is Vulture Mine Rd means that it wouldn't be unpleasantly out of the way on one of those routes for traffic that was on the other. Regardless, the eastern end, where all roads have come together and there also is the agglomeration of a Carl's Jr, McD, BK, Taco Bell....well, lots of those kinds of places, and good room at most or all of their respective parking lots. I'll continue to keep my eyes open, of course, but as before I wish I could get some insight how best to look at permits.

Re Wickenburg:
Its location is not a total guess; or, rather, I've posted some suggestions of where the most appropriate places would be - in my opinion.

Now, the way the town is placed wrt Rtes 60, 89 & 93 is such that even if a SpC is placed on the western side of town, the cross-street that is Vulture Mine Rd means that it wouldn't be unpleasantly out of the way on one of those routes for traffic that was on the other. Regardless, the eastern end, where all roads have come together and there also is the agglomeration of a Carl's Jr, McD, BK, Taco Bell....well, lots of those kinds of places, and good room at most or all of their respective parking lots. I'll continue to keep my eyes open, of course, but as before I wish I could get some insight how best to look at permits.

True, not a total guess and my marker is where you are suggesting, right by the restaurants. I figure it won't be too far off.

There is another unfortunate consideration that should not be disregarded - I hope there is someone from Tesla Supercharger Team who is reading this....

....Wickenburg embraces both sides of the Maricopa-Yavapai county line, and a fair amount of "greater" Wickenburg is, not surprisingly, outside the formal city limits. The permitting process from the county authorities has diverged considerably in recent years. It used to be significantly more difficult to negotiate permits from Maricopa Cty; now, the bureaucrats in Prescott have made it really, really unfortunate to conduct business in Yavapai Cty. Don't take my word for it: ask Solar City, who cringe when they learn a new request is coming from the county on the north...

So, my strong suggestion here is that the preferred site should be located in, in order:

1. Within W'burg city limits
2. In unincorporated Maricopa Cty
3. In unincorporated Yavapai Cty

Mid-day Friday at Buckeye. And not a worker in sight.

image.jpg

Photos of Buckeye AZ today 1-19-2014. The crew was working there today. They said that Yuma was almost done???? WHAT??? WOW!! I'll be looking into that as soon as possible!! i was supposed to get some photos messaged to me as soon as construction started!! Does any one know anything more about Yuma AZ? In the meantime enjoy those new photos of Buckeye AZ!

View attachment 41336View attachment 41337View attachment 41338View attachment 41339View attachment 41341View attachment 41342View attachment 41343View attachment 41344

- - - Updated - - -

I was speaking with the Crew that is doing the installation at Carl's Jr in Buckeye AZ this afternoon. They said that YUMA AZ was almost done!! WOW!! this is the first I have heard of it!! Any confirmations by anyone driving through?? It has been confirmed by the front desk tonight 9:15 PM MST. AWESOME. I hope to get some photos messaged to me tomorrow. I'll post asap!!

- - - Updated - - -

It has been confirmed by the Hilton Garden front desk tonight 9:15 PM MST that the Supercharger construction a in Yuma AZ is well underway. AWESOME. I hope to get some photos messaged to me tomorrow. I'll post asap!!

Hopefully with Buckeye and Yuma close to opening, that Casa Grande gets some love. That is needed for us AZ southerners to get on the Golden Spike trail!:smile:

Looks like Wickenburg may be next up -- a lease for Tesla is on tonight's city council agenda. More info here: Wickenburg, AZ town meeting 1/20 5:30pm
and credit goes to this thread on the volt forums, which also includes the address: Tesla Supercharge Coming to My Little Town (Maybe)

AZ EV Driver said:
"Consider Resolution No. 1733 Approving a Ground Lease Agreement with Tesla Motors, Inc. for Property Located at 155 N. Tegner Street, to Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, and Authorizing the Mayor to Execute the Agreement"

Perhaps Audie will be able to attend the meeting?

Love it - I'll be there late next week to put it through its paces! That's the last connection I needed to go mountains to desert to ocean. If it's not the national golden spike, it's at least the golden spike for the western US, and that's cause for major celebration in my book...

I wonder if it is our Model S that is the one closest to the Kingman SpC? With all our family drama of late, am not sure I can zip up there for the first to get zapped.