Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw both Show Low and Pinetop-Lakeside listed as voting options in the White Mountains. Somewhere around Show Low would be great. Opens up ski trips to Sunrise, and summer exploring. Globe in 2023 and an eventual Show Low site would make the Salt River Canyon route an easy option for those in the East Valley.

Given that those 2 options are about 20 miles apart, I wonder if their votes are combined as a suitable site could be in either municipality, or anywhere in between. Don't want to use 2 votes, but it almost feels like if I vote for one or the other we are splitting the vote.

I saw both Show Low and Pinetop-Lakeside listed as voting options in the White Mountains. Somewhere around Show Low would be great. Opens up ski trips to Sunrise, and summer exploring. Globe in 2023 and an eventual Show Low site would make the Salt River Canyon route an easy option for those in the East Valley.

Given that those 2 options are about 20 miles apart, I wonder if their votes are combined as a suitable site could be in either municipality, or anywhere in between. Don't want to use 2 votes, but it almost feels like if I vote for one or the other we are splitting the vote.
I agree. I voted for both sites (Show Low & Pinetop).

Reactions: Big Ike
A person at Seligman City Hall asked me to connect them to Tesla on a possible Supercharging station. So I did that and also submitted a request on Tesla's site to connect with them. Not heard anything since, but I keep hope alive.

It seems that Seligman, AZ is now part of the States EV Charging plans:

Arizona - ADOT-Corridor-Challenges-2.png

All the more reason to get that CCS retrofit!
It seems that Seligman, AZ is now part of the States EV Charging plans:

View attachment 911355

Does anybody know the story/status behind a potentially abandoned EV charger construction site in Tusayan, in the parking lot for the Grand Cayon IMAX theater?

I was there a few days ago...and it looks a lot like supercharger construction to me -- big pads for possibly the transformer, power distribution, and cabinets...with conduit leading to pads for what could be superchargers. But, it all looks like it was built and then left, perhaps for months or years...

IMG_20230521_145656479_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230521_145808625_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230521_145733456_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230521_145726847_HDR.jpg

Does anybody know the story/status behind a potentially abandoned EV charger construction site in Tusayan, in the parking lot for the Grand Cayon IMAX theater?

I was there a few days ago...and it looks a lot like supercharger construction to me -- big pads for possibly the transformer, power distribution, and cabinets...with conduit leading to pads for what could be superchargers. But, it all looks like it was built and then left, perhaps for months or years...

View attachment 940698View attachment 940700View attachment 940701View attachment 940702
Pure speculation on my part, but I would guess Rivian. There are pads and conduit stubs like these in Sedona adjacent to the SuperCharger that are Rivian. The standard DCFC count for Rivian stations is six dispensers and that looks like what exists here.

Reactions: EQC_
Pure speculation on my part, but I would guess Rivian. There are pads and conduit stubs like these in Sedona adjacent to the SuperCharger that are Rivian. The standard DCFC count for Rivian stations is six dispensers and that looks like what exists here.
Not related to this charger but I'm not too sure where else to ask. Do you happen to know what's going on with the Rivian charger being built in Biltmore? Construction seems to have been abandoned several months ago.

Not related to this charger but I'm not too sure where else to ask. Do you happen to know what's going on with the Rivian charger being built in Biltmore? Construction seems to have been abandoned several months ago.
I don't know. For a time, it seemed that all RAN sites were stalled. Speculation on another forum was that they were verifying overall reliability and performance. New RAN locations all over the country seem to be opening quickly now.

Wow, maybe I missed it, but I now see not 1, but 2 new locations right near me!!!!
NEC Scottsdale and Shea, 7366 E Shea Blvd, 16 250kW, I will get pictures soon!
NWC Cactus, Paradise Village Pkwy (~44th Street), 4304 E Cactus Rd, 16 250kW, I will also get pictures of this soon!!!!
Did anyone know these were coming?

My wife and I have somewhat been kicking ourselves at having sold about one year ago an investment condo we had for many years catty corner to the Shea/Scottsdale SpC site. 🤣😩😡🤬

I haven't seen a thread for a new potential site I saw earlier this week. I'd probably classify it as "Old Town Scottsdale" as it is in the Sprouts parking lot at 4402 N Miller Rd in Scottsdale, just SW of Miller and Camelback Rds. I saw a chain link fence with an EVI sign and saw some workers talking with a rep from Tesla (wearing a Tesla branded polo shirt). It was hard to determine the size as the fenced off area was rather large, but not a rectangular area. It blocked several rows closest to Miller Rd. If someone can track down a permit with Scottsdale, I'd say this would warrant a new thread. I can grab some pics next week and over time as this starts to pan out.

Reactions: Tyl
I haven't seen a thread for a new potential site I saw earlier this week. I'd probably classify it as "Old Town Scottsdale" as it is in the Sprouts parking lot at 4402 N Miller Rd in Scottsdale, just SW of Miller and Camelback Rds. I saw a chain link fence with an EVI sign and saw some workers talking with a rep from Tesla (wearing a Tesla branded polo shirt). It was hard to determine the size as the fenced off area was rather large, but not a rectangular area. It blocked several rows closest to Miller Rd. If someone can track down a permit with Scottsdale, I'd say this would warrant a new thread. I can grab some pics next week and over time as this starts to pan out.
Go ahead and start a new thread if someone hasn't already.

Reactions: Tyl
This location is being developed for ‘electric vehicle charging’, not a Tesla supercharger as far as I can tell.

Photo.

It will be interesting to know whether it will be NACS capable. ….. to see if they are adapting quickly to the future of charging or just the usual lollygagging about for now and then having to rework their design for the immediate future.

Attachments

• IMG_6009.jpeg
    IMG_6009.jpeg
    887.5 KB · Views: 17
This location is being developed for ‘electric vehicle charging’, not a Tesla supercharger as far as I can tell.

Photo.

It will be interesting to know whether it will be NACS capable. ….. to see if they are adapting quickly to the future of charging or just the usual lollygagging about for now and then having to rework their design for the immediate future.
EVI does a lot of the Tesla installs, and I saw an official looking Tesla employee on site talking with the EVI crew. She was wearing a polo shirt with Tesla logo.