Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6B0FE78D-C5E2-497F-A778-DB1B8B4A2F72.jpeg
Picked up mine today! Everything went flawless, took about 30 mins or so. Very minor issues, a Little Rock chip on bumper, rear wing/spoiler is mis-aligned and right front fender/bumper panel sticking out a little. Inside is perfect, no blemishes or anything. This car is a blast, so smooth!

View attachment 675436Picked up mine today! Everything went flawless, took about 30 mins or so. Very minor issues, a Little Rock chip on bumper, rear wing/spoiler is mis-aligned and right front fender/bumper panel sticking out a little. Inside is perfect, no blemishes or anything. This car is a blast, so smooth!
Looks great. Are you having those issues repaired? Did you have to let them know during the delivery?

View attachment 675436Picked up mine today! Everything went flawless, took about 30 mins or so. Very minor issues, a Little Rock chip on bumper, rear wing/spoiler is mis-aligned and right front fender/bumper panel sticking out a little. Inside is perfect, no blemishes or anything. This car is a blast, so smooth!
How was the paint on the bumper at the back? Any noticeable colour difference with the rest of the car?

Looks great. Are you having those issues repaired? Did you have to let them know during the delivery?
Thanks! Yeah, I’m having them repaired. You get 24hrs/100 mi. And they fix anything that isn’t within spec. You just take pics of it, go into your app under service and submit the claim and upload the pics. When you do that it sets you up at a service center that’s closest to you and you pick a time that works for you. The soonest available was this Thursday for me. There were a few guys out there during the delivery process and I asked one of them. He said as long as you take pics of everything they’ll fix it no questions.

Reactions: Tesslady
How was the paint on the bumper at the back? Any noticeable colour difference with the rest of the car?
The paint is beautiful, no blemishes that I can see anywhere and doesn’t look “thin” like some people have stated. Only issue with the pain is a tiny rock chip in the front bumper that likely happened during transport. Here’s a pic of it, the slightly mis-aligned fender/bumper panels, and mis-aligned spoiler.
7CC3A33B-15F6-4D95-B44D-A931F93EBBD7.jpeg
1DC8477B-88D7-47B1-9C28-5C260027DA67.jpeg
07D81040-6A0C-41BD-9A9E-FC4936263F20.jpeg

I will get to pick up my inventory MYLR today at 4 at Raintree. Really looking forward to this whole waiting thing being over. A few things were interesting though with the inventory order that are worth noting.

The vehicle I bough from inventory was in Tucson. I called my SA to see if I could just pick it up down there to save the transport fee. Well turns out, they aren't doing deliveries in Tucson yet as the delivery center isn't done. Which, whatever, that's fine, but that begs the question, why do they have vehicles being delivered to Tucson if they can't deliver them there? Transport fee was $500 from Tucson.

I also had to redo everything for the loan and they couldn't rate match since the old loan had expired already and the original rate I got wasn't being offered any more. I had 1.99% originally back at the beginning of May, new rate is 2.49%.

I still have my original order, in the off chance I decline delivery today. Still no VIN for that order though, says June 24 - 30 for EDD.

While the lead up to delivery has been painful, I am still really looking forward to getting the MY today. I'll post updates after I take delivery.

I will get to pick up my inventory MYLR today at 4 at Raintree. Really looking forward to this whole waiting thing being over. A few things were interesting though with the inventory order that are worth noting.

The vehicle I bough from inventory was in Tucson. I called my SA to see if I could just pick it up down there to save the transport fee. Well turns out, they aren't doing deliveries in Tucson yet as the delivery center isn't done. Which, whatever, that's fine, but that begs the question, why do they have vehicles being delivered to Tucson if they can't deliver them there? Transport fee was $500 from Tucson.

I also had to redo everything for the loan and they couldn't rate match since the old loan had expired already and the original rate I got wasn't being offered any more. I had 1.99% originally back at the beginning of May, new rate is 2.49%.

I still have my original order, in the off chance I decline delivery today. Still no VIN for that order though, says June 24 - 30 for EDD.

While the lead up to delivery has been painful, I am still really looking forward to getting the MY today. I'll post updates after I take delivery.
as someone who lives in Tucson and purchasing my 2nd Tesla I cant wait for the Tucson location to open. Please report back on how busy they are and if you get a chance go by the overflow lot. I still believe there to be a lot of cars there. I too have 24-30 for EDD as of today.

Thanks in advance of any info you can get and I hope you enjoy your ride

Reactions: Ryano90
as someone who lives in Tucson and purchasing my 2nd Tesla I cant wait for the Tucson location to open. Please report back on how busy they are and if you get a chance go by the overflow lot. I still believe there to be a lot of cars there. I too have 24-30 for EDD as of today.

Thanks in advance of any info you can get and I hope you enjoy your ride
I’m looking forward to the Tucson location also. Details have been very mute. I’m keen to know where it will be!

Reactions: Tesslady
Thanks! Yeah, I’m having them repaired. You get 24hrs/100 mi. And they fix anything that isn’t within spec. You just take pics of it, go into your app under service and submit the claim and upload the pics. When you do that it sets you up at a service center that’s closest to you and you pick a time that works for you. The soonest available was this Thursday for me. There were a few guys out there during the delivery process and I asked one of them. He said as long as you take pics of everything they’ll fix it no questions.
This is good info, thank you for posting it!

Reactions: toothdoc
Took delivery of "Wheatley" yesterday evening! The process was extremely smooth, and literally didn't talk to anyone. I got a text and email about 45 minutes before my appointment saying my car was ready to pick up and what spot it was parked in. My wife dropped me off and waited a bit to make sure I was going to take delivery. There was a sign on the dash with my name on it which was nice so I knew it was the right vehicle as soon as I got out. I started going through the checklist checking the exterior. The car was flawless, gaps were perfect, no scratches or chips in the paint. I was ready for some imperfections but I couldn't find any. I moved to the interior after having to accept delivery to unlock the car. Again everything was perfect, there were a few pieces of protective tape still on, but no issues with anything. I was impressed. All in all I was there about 40 minutes checking over the vehicle. The only thing worth mentioning is it didn't have a full charge, it was at about 50%. It was enough to get me home, and I didn't want to wait for it to get a full charge, so I didn't mention it to the Tesla person running around prepping vehicles. There was no passenger lumbar, or PPF, or mud flaps.

I didn't get a chance to run by the overflow lot unfortunately. They were really busy though at the Raintree location. While I was there I'd say between 6-8 people showed up to get their cars. The Tesla crew was filling the open spots almost as quickly as they were emptying. They are definitely moving quick. I did see someone else picking up the exact config I had originally ordered and briefly thought about asking when they placed their order. haha

I'm getting tint put on next week (it needs it badly), and put on mud flaps this morning. My kids (and I) are obsessed and call it the toots car and giggled a lot when we did a little drive last night.

The waiting sucked, as you all know. It doesn't detract from actually getting and driving the vehicle though. I am really happy and have a big stupid grin on my face when I drive it.

I attached a few pics of it this morning and of the kids testing the frunk.

Attachments

• 20210622_074131.jpg
    20210622_074131.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210622_074117.jpg
    20210622_074117.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210621_174932.jpg
    20210621_174932.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 37
Took delivery of "Wheatley" yesterday evening! The process was extremely smooth, and literally didn't talk to anyone. I got a text and email about 45 minutes before my appointment saying my car was ready to pick up and what spot it was parked in. My wife dropped me off and waited a bit to make sure I was going to take delivery. There was a sign on the dash with my name on it which was nice so I knew it was the right vehicle as soon as I got out. I started going through the checklist checking the exterior. The car was flawless, gaps were perfect, no scratches or chips in the paint. I was ready for some imperfections but I couldn't find any. I moved to the interior after having to accept delivery to unlock the car. Again everything was perfect, there were a few pieces of protective tape still on, but no issues with anything. I was impressed. All in all I was there about 40 minutes checking over the vehicle. The only thing worth mentioning is it didn't have a full charge, it was at about 50%. It was enough to get me home, and I didn't want to wait for it to get a full charge, so I didn't mention it to the Tesla person running around prepping vehicles. There was no passenger lumbar, or PPF, or mud flaps.

I didn't get a chance to run by the overflow lot unfortunately. They were really busy though at the Raintree location. While I was there I'd say between 6-8 people showed up to get their cars. The Tesla crew was filling the open spots almost as quickly as they were emptying. They are definitely moving quick. I did see someone else picking up the exact config I had originally ordered and briefly thought about asking when they placed their order. haha

I'm getting tint put on next week (it needs it badly), and put on mud flaps this morning. My kids (and I) are obsessed and call it the toots car and giggled a lot when we did a little drive last night.

The waiting sucked, as you all know. It doesn't detract from actually getting and driving the vehicle though. I am really happy and have a big stupid grin on my face when I drive it.

I attached a few pics of it this morning and of the kids testing the frunk.
Congrats!

Reactions: eclipsefire