Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYLR - Black, 20" Induction Wheels, White Interior, No FSD on Aug 21.

EDD is Dec 10 - Jan 9

Now debating changing to MYP. But unclear on how much that will speed up my EDD. Contacted Tesla. Nothing so far.

Are the MYP upgrades and shorter EDD really worth the additional $6K?

Ordered MYLR - Black, 20" Induction Wheels, White Interior, No FSD on Aug 21.

EDD is Dec 10 - Jan 9

Now debating changing to MYP. But unclear on how much that will speed up my EDD. Contacted Tesla. Nothing so far.

Are the MYP upgrades and shorter EDD really worth the additional $6K?
It was for me, I know people in different states worry about the performance tires and not having all season tires, but in AZ we don’t really need to worry about that.

$6K over 5-6 years didn’t seem like that much for me to get the car 3-4 months earlier.

Reactions: AZSTAD
We all NEED our new cars to be registered before 1/1/22. Currently EV's here in AZ have a registration fee of 1% of the vehicle cost which is nothing. It's all changing as beginning next year that's going up to 10% of cost, then for 2023 to 20% of the retail value - same as regular cars! But if you have an EV registered before 2022 you are grandfathered in. This is a big deal that for some reason I've not seen a lot of talk about.

Ordered June 13th. Silver MYLR, Black Int, 20" IW, Tow Hitch, No FSD. EDD was sitting steady at 8/26-9/15. Woke up today and saw the dreadful "October" EDD :confused: (not the first time it's happened so not surprised) Patiently waiting for VIN and delivery day!

Anyone else order on or around 6/13 in PHX area? What's your EDD showing?

Ordered June 13th. Silver MYLR, Black Int, 20" IW, Tow Hitch, No FSD. EDD was sitting steady at 8/26-9/15. Woke up today and saw the dreadful "October" EDD :confused: (not the first time it's happened so not surprised) Patiently waiting for VIN and delivery day!

Ordered on June 12th, Red MYLR, Black Int, 20" IW, NO FSD and *7 Seats*. When I checked in showroom, estimated date the car will come out of factory gate is Sep 12th. Estimated time to reach Showroom in Phoenix is Sep 14th. My EDD still shows Sep 10-30.
I would recommend visiting showroom if you are anxious so you will get more accurate date. Phone calls usually will give you the same EDD on the website.

New to this forum. Ordered White on white LR EDD was January and now changed to December. Probably trying to fill as many orders before the qtr. ends. Hope I get a VIN before Jan 1st for the cheaper registration.

We all NEED our new cars to be registered before 1/1/22. Currently EV's here in AZ have a registration fee of 1% of the vehicle cost which is nothing. It's all changing as beginning next year that's going up to 10% of cost, then for 2023 to 20% of the retail value - same as regular cars! But if you have an EV registered before 2022 you are grandfathered in. This is a big deal that for some reason I've not seen a lot of talk about.
I was also surprised that nobody has been talking about this. In May my SA thought that I could wait until October to order and still get it by the end of 2021. Glad I didn't listen! Ordered May 18th MSM/black, tow, no FSD, Gemini wheels - on day 102 and still waiting. Pretty sure I'll get it before the end of the year though!

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid

Ordered May 18th, same configuration as you except Gemini wheels. EDD is at 8/28 to 9/11 now. Probably won't be 8/28 😂