Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asked to "Confirm" P85D order again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may have been what I wrote in another thread that led you to believe the next gen seats are available to S85D and S60D purchasers. My DS knew I wanted them and wrote me yesterday to ask if I wanted them added to my config. I told her 'yes', but on reflection, today I sent an email asking her to confirm the change, because my reservation config hasn't changed and the Design Center doesn't show that the possibility exists.

New seats

It may have been what I wrote in another thread that led you to believe the next gen seats are available to S85D and S60D purchasers. My DS knew I wanted them and wrote me yesterday to ask if I wanted them added to my config. I told her 'yes', but on reflection, today I sent an email asking her to confirm the change, because my reservation config hasn't changed and the Design Center doesn't show that the possibility exists.

Yes Steve, I do believe it was your post. Was the upcharge $3,500 to do the change? If so, I'm not sure if it's worth that much, especially since I haven't sat in the "improved next gen" seats yet. If they start production soon, I assume some P85D's will start filtering into the Service Centers before our cars go into production. I'll stop by once word gets out that the P85D's have started shipping.

Yes Steve, I do believe it was your post. Was the upcharge $3,500 to do the change? If so, I'm not sure if it's worth that much, especially since I haven't sat in the "improved next gen" seats yet. If they start production soon, I assume some P85D's will start filtering into the Service Centers before our cars go into production. I'll stop by once word gets out that the P85D's have started shipping.

The summary of the situation for s85d people with confirmed orders seems to be:

1. A lot of people said they want the upgraded seats. There was some confusion from tesla but they aren't showing it on their website as an option for s85d.
2. They confusingly sent email to people who had a commited s85d order that mentioned them getting a P85d, and it stated an option to make changes around seats.

I also got the upgrade option email, even though i'm an s85d, not a perf. Irritating but no the end of the world..

It would be hard for me to order a S85D right now since you know (I mean absolutely know) that the next gen seat will be available at some point.

I think a bigger battery is still a few years off but I would feel like I was "autopiloted" if I just missed the next gen seats. I can't come up with any significant improvement that I would feel regretful about right now but those seats.....

I was afraid it was a chimera, and I was right: my DS wrote today that she was confused about my config and that the next gen seats are not, in fact, available for those ordering an S85D.

I wonder when that will change?

This morning my P85D order was in a confirmed state (from the second re confirmation on Oct 24). This evening I randomly checked my dashboard and my order was showing as un-confirmed again, what gives?

i checked everything over and could not see anything that had changed. I called Tesla HQ and they said that the reason was because they updated the seat options. I rechecked and there was NOT any new seat options since the last update where they added the Grey and Tan enhanced seats on Oct 24. I told this to the rep and he said he really did not know then what changed. He did say to me that my place in the order queue was not impacted by having to re-confirm again for the 3rd time. I re-confirmed the order, now I guess I will wait and see.