Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Do you know the build date?

No, but looking at the spreadsheet and other postings, I'd guess 16 or 17. One post with a 38xxx said he had the new taillights. I don't really care although would probably pick amber if I had a choice.

Do you know what Tesla wants for insurance proof? I'd rather do the NJ ID cards as the policy page showing I added the MY shows other vehicles and personal info that I'd rather not have hanging around.

I got my bin yesterday and it's 368xx. I called today to request confirmation on build date.
Mine is 362xx but I have not been able to reach anybody to tell me the build fate so far. Did you get a response?

I think they’re getting annoyed by me. In fact I’m annoying myself by how much I’m obsessed with this car. Never happened to me before :)) I probably should stop reading TMC forums...

Mine is 362xx but I have not been able to reach anybody to tell me the build fate so far. Did you get a response?

I think they’re getting annoyed by me. In fact I’m annoying myself by how much I’m obsessed with this car. Never happened to me before :)) I probably should stop reading TMC forums...

I feel this. I haven't bugged Tesla at all but for the first 4-5 days after I placed my order I had trouble sleeping cause I was too excited o_O

Got my VIN this morning from the MVPA - 408XX. Hopefully get notification of delivery soon. I didn't realize they won't let me pay with a credit card to earn the points so I gotta get the money lined up a bit earlier than expected. Oh well. I am in Texas so I guess I have to pay before they will bring the car here.

Reactions: CO_MY
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Order Date: 07/27/2020
Delivery SMS and Vin: 8/27/2020
Delivery Date: 9/3/2020

Tampa Florida

VIN: 3086x

Based on info in the spreadsheet the car was manufactured around July 20th. Def dont feel good about this car from the start.

Update!

Called Tesla. Told that Build Date is August 11th

BIG UPDATE:
First I’m really glad we are using this to track our deliveries and it’s dope that most of us are on track for early September deliveries but I got breaking news so here it goes.

Confirmed! Taillights started after 8/13!!!! No word on the new rear end. Please credit a member that called it earlier in this thread.
So here is my updated timeline:

East Coast-GA
Ordered 7/6
Built 8/15 Taillights!!!!! (Confirmed)
VIN 8/16 376XX (The next day) via MVPA
Delivery 9/2

If someone can get the rear end start date that would be awesome.

BIG UPDATE:
First I’m really glad we are using this to track our deliveries and it’s dope that most of us are on track for early September deliveries but I got breaking news so here it goes.

Confirmed! Taillights started after 8/13!!!! No word on the new rear end. Please credit a member that called it earlier in this thread.

East Coast-GA
Ordered 7/6
Delivery 9/2

Awesome. Don't forget to update us after taking the car home!!!

Reactions: LicenseToDrive
BIG UPDATE:

East Coast-GA
Ordered 7/6
Delivery 9/2

Sweet!!! Thanks for the update.... Mines was Built 8/22 so I should get the new tailights
East Coast-MD
VIN: 378**(MVPA Same Day)
Delivery: 9/7