Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MY (pearl white, 19”) on 8/19 from DC (City Ctr), still crickets on a VIN or delivery date. Got the standard text, 2-3 weeks from today delivery.

Sales guys keep telling me I’ll get a VIN matched ‘very’ soon, and to call if I don’t see one by Sunday???

Have seen a lot of 8/19, or earlier, order dates get VINs and/or delivery dates.

No news is frustrating, but as I’m reading here, seems to be an end of Q norm?

Ordered my MY (pearl white, 19”) on 8/19 from DC (City Ctr), still crickets on a VIN or delivery date. Got the standard text, 2-3 weeks from today delivery.

Sales guys keep telling me I’ll get a VIN matched ‘very’ soon, and to call if I don’t see one by Sunday???

Have seen a lot of 8/19, or earlier, order dates get VINs and/or delivery dates.

I guess they have higher demand for the W on 19". You should get it by the end of Sept.

I ordered 8/23 and received a VIN Tuesday. I didn’t receive notification and saw the MVPA pop up in my account. No delivery date yet, so I texted my SA, who said an ETA would be provided when my car leaves CA. Calling may be a good idea to see if you have a VIN, but I haven’t found the SA to have more info than me.

I ordered 8/23 and received a VIN Tuesday. I didn’t receive notification and saw the MVPA pop up in my account. No delivery date yet, so I texted my SA, who said an ETA would be provided when my car leaves CA. Calling may be a good idea to see if you have a VIN, but I haven’t found the SA to have more info than me.

I emailed my SA yesterday and asked if I had a VIN and she told me "not yet, they have been getting a lot of Model 3 VINs assinged and expect Model Y's to be next"

I'm guessing I'll get my updates through my page rather than her.

Just shows there ain't no knowin'

That's my exact config. Ordered 8/11, VIN 36xxx picked up a couple days ago. SO how come you didn't get mine? (Although I"m happy I guess. Sounds like mine is a little better AND I did check. I do have the hitchreceiver]

Actually I just looked at the store and it indicates the bar with no ball. I've have to check but I've got a receiver, but don't think there is any tow bar.

No, I don't think it comes with a tow bar, just a receiver - you have to buy your own. Weird that you ordered your MY a few weeks after mine and got a 4k earlier VIN number.

No, I don't think it comes with a tow bar, just a receiver - you have to buy your own. Weird that you ordered your MY a few weeks after mine and got a 4k earlier VIN number.

That's what I was thinking. They must have some complicated scheme involving location, config and other stuff we don't know about. I don't really care about the VIN. Just happy that it seems fine. All my anxiety is now gone and I can just enjoy spending more money on it. As soon as NJ approves my rebate and my return period is over, I think I"ll pop for the FSD. Here's hoping my MY will get me to the grocery store as I descend in to senility.

Hello all. Been reading all your posts over the last couple weeks after placing my order. Happy to start sharing. Here are my details:

Midnight Silver Long Range, black interior MY
performance/21" wheels
Order date: 9/3
VIN Received: 9/11(I called and asked for it)
VIN: 49XXX
Car production/born: 9/11
Delivery: 2-3 weeks estimated

• Informative
Reactions: Tundrok
Family,
We have many of us with varying specs and order dates and I recently joined over the weekend because I was trying to triangulate my spec vs when I thought my VIN was going to come. So let's help each other out. Let us know your order date and VIN if you got one and your spec. I will start and I was surprised that my VIN was so high even though I am one of the unicorn LR performance with inclusions.

Ordered:7/6
VIN: 8/16 376XX (Freaking high, on the spreadsheet someone has 39XXX)
Delivery Date: 9/2 (Just set that up a moment ago w/rep Woo-hoo!)
Spec: MY LR Performance Non-Pup

I ordered/reserved mine on 9/8.
Spec: MY LR Red/White/Induction wheels no FSD

I received an email indicating delivery would be available in 2-3 weeks. In response I explained that I wasn't interested in doing anything prior to battery day (as I told the Service Center personnel, Cathedral City, CA). I also would like to have product coming from the new "press" installed in Fremont earlier this year.

I ordered/reserved mine on 9/8.
Spec: MY LR Red/White/Induction wheels no FSD

I received an email indicating delivery would be available in 2-3 weeks. In response I explained that I wasn't interested in doing anything prior to battery day (as I told the Service Center personnel, Cathedral City, CA). I also would like to have product coming from the new "press" installed in Fremont earlier this year.
Why did you order then?

Reactions: Tundrok and Azo9987
Does anyone know if Tesla does a vehicle inspection when it arrives from the factory to its delivery location?

Do you mean a state required vehicle inspection or just a quality check inspection? I don't think any state requires any specific inspection for new cars and Tesla does do their own quality check inspection at the delivery location, but it's pretty much pointless as you can tell from the posts made from people taking delivery. Most issues, unless they cause safety issues or are completely broken components, will be swept under the rug and they will just hope that the customer doesn't notice when they take delivery. It's... pretty shitty.

Do you mean a state required vehicle inspection or just a quality check inspection? I don't think any state requires any specific inspection for new cars and Tesla does do their own quality check inspection at the delivery location, but it's pretty much pointless as you can tell from the posts made from people taking delivery. Most issues, unless they cause safety issues or are completely broken components, will be swept under the rug and they will just hope that the customer doesn't notice when they take delivery. It's... pretty shitty.
I mean a quality or service and body shop inspection. It seems like they don't so I'm wondering if they actually do and their QC is this bad? I assumed that all car companies/dealers would inspect cars once received from shipping and prior to handing over to buyers, but it's just a guess.

The video makes it seem like all the gaps can be easily fixed, preferably onsite. Has anyone actually had any luck getting this done at pickup?

I’ve read a lot about documenting all of those issues, but I don’t want to have to make a trip back if they are relatively benign.

I’d rather not make my pickup Appt and hours long affair either, but leaving with an unsatisfying car is just not acceptable.

I guess I’m just asking where is the balance among the 3 options for new owners?

Those being: refusing delivery (which sucks after waiting this long), making them fix issues onsite or walking away w/them either not recognizing and/or ‘documenting’ for future repair. The last of which seems like it is a PITA best case and not guaranteed worse case.

The video makes it seem like all the gaps can be easily fixed, preferably onsite. Has anyone actually had any luck getting this done at pickup?

I’ve read a lot about documenting all of those issues, but I don’t want to have to make a trip back if they are relatively benign.

I’d rather not make my pickup Appt and hours long affair either, but leaving with an unsatisfying car is just not acceptable.

I guess I’m just asking where is the balance among the 3 options for new owners?

Those being: refusing delivery (which sucks after waiting this long), making them fix issues onsite or walking away w/them either not recognizing and/or ‘documenting’ for future repair. The last of which seems like it is a PITA best case and not guaranteed worse case.

When I picked mine up, I went in with the frame of mind that I would decide if it was good enough assuming they didn't fix anything. So I pointed out 3 things. One is the rocker panel issue pointed out by @BeardedTeslaGuy. One was a slight mis-alignment in the door which I don't expect they will fix but the delivery guy noted it. The third was a door handle that isn't retracting fully. That third one I do want fixed for sure as the handle sticks out a little. But if it doesn't get fixed, it's the rear driver side and probably won't get used much. Sometimes it does come all the way if you shut the door a little harder (not any real slam needed). So I guess I can live with that too.

At any rate, I figured I could live with all three and so took delivery. I would advise anyone who thinks they can't live with any issue to either get it fixed before signing anything or reject it.

How long before the delivery date did y’all hear from a delivery advisor? My delivery was 4 weeks out and I am coming up on my delivery date this week now but I haven’t been reached out too yet, getting nervous since there’s no communication at all.