Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use the spreadsheet. Most likely if you group the cars by color you will see the Red cars have been built in batches with VINS in the same range. They are not going to paint one red car then a white. They will paint hundreds of red cars in a row. I am doubtful of anyone on the east coast getting a high VIN at this point as they have stopped shipping east coast.

How do you know they’ve stopped shipping east coast? I ordered 8/28 and don’t have a vin but have projected delivery of 2-4 weeks

How do you know they’ve stopped shipping east coast? I ordered 8/28 and don’t have a vin but have projected delivery of 2-4 weeks
3-4 weeks will put them back in Q4 where they start shipping cars out east. Look in the California waiting room thread. Everyone on the west coast has just got a text telling them their car is en route and will be in there 13 days. 13 days drumroll is the end of Q3.

Sorry I didn't mean to trigger anyone. Sure, a personal check OR cashiers check should be accepted by Tesla. My point is that a check is a better process than filling out the form online where they instantly take your money. My SC was pretty pushy because with COVID-19, they want to interact with me as little as possible. "Well, if you want to go to the bank and get a check, I guess you could....". Yes 100% did because I'm not giving my money away for Tesla to hold it hostage until they pump out a vehicle that is acceptable. If they try that contactless reasoning, you are still able (and should) bring a check. Personal or Cashiers.

No, not triggered at all. The dealer is 2.5 hours away and I was a bit spooked by the 48 hour turnaround. Didn’t seem prudent.

Of course I still wonder what issues it may or may not have had.

They are really not wasting time... MVPA uploaded earlier this morning, and just now I received a text which states:

“Tesla update - Your Model Y is on its way to the Las Vegas Delivery Center!

Please select your appointment at <link> by tonight.”

I was surprised the only date available is Saturday. I thought I was supposed to have three days to choose from? I guess my delivery is on the 19th. I did not at all expect I would get the vehicle by the end of the quarter but not complaining!

Reactions: knikak
Evening! We ordered 9/12 MSM, Black, no FSD or tow hitch, and 20” wheels. Saw the same 6-10 weeks on our account. Started a chat session on the website yesterday (heard from me SA initial but silence since). He tells me I have a VIN 51XXX and I should get the delivery text soon. Sure enough, mid afternoon yesterday I get the delivery text to pick a date. I didn’t/don’t understand why when I went to schedule the pickup, I could only choose 9/28 or 9/29. I’m more than happy to wait a couple more days for my work schedule to be less crazy but haven’t heard from my SA about making a change. You all think calling the Superior CO S.C. that I might be able to push the pickup a couple days?

Evening! We ordered 9/12 MSM, Black, no FSD or tow hitch, and 20” wheels. Saw the same 6-10 weeks on our account. Started a chat session on the website yesterday (heard from me SA initial but silence since). He tells me I have a VIN 51XXX and I should get the delivery text soon. Sure enough, mid afternoon yesterday I get the delivery text to pick a date. I didn’t/don’t understand why when I went to schedule the pickup, I could only choose 9/28 or 9/29. I’m more than happy to wait a couple more days for my work schedule to be less crazy but haven’t heard from my SA about making a change. You all think calling the Superior CO S.C. that I might be able to push the pickup a couple days?
They want you take delivery of the car before the 30th end of Q3. Consider yourself lucky, I am 2 months in waiting for the same car and I'm 60 miles from the factory and can't even get an update or a date I can pick up the car.

• Ordered 8/13/20 (finalized 2016 Model X trade-in on 8/17/20)
  • No VIN assigned yet
  • LR AWD
  • Exterior: Solid Black Paint, 20" Induction Wheels
  • Interior: Black and White Premium Interior
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
I received an email from my SA on 8/27/20 that they are expecting the delivery of our vehicle to be within the last 2 weeks of September. My Tesla account states the estimated delivery of 3-7 weeks from order placed date.

Update: Appointment text received and VIN assigned on 9/17 (51XXX). Appointment set for 9/22/20 pick up. I'm so excited!

Reactions: knikak
Ordered our Dual Motor AWD White/White Y with FSD back in December but kept putting it off since we were reading about all the defects and problems with panels and such. I finalized the online stuff about 3 or 4 weeks ago and have a VIN now and supposed to take delivery on Sept 26th. My VIN is 48xxx. I am seeing many with 52xxx and 53xxx...I know they do go out of order on VIN's but wondering if this is a car that has been sitting around and if it is a recent build with the new amber turn signals on rear and new rear lenses. Any idea how to tell before I pick her up?

• Helpful
Reactions: Doogue
Ordered our Dual Motor AWD White/White Y with FSD back in December but kept putting it off since we were reading about all the defects and problems with panels and such. I finalized the online stuff about 3 or 4 weeks ago and have a VIN now and supposed to take delivery on Sept 26th. My VIN is 48xxx. I am seeing many with 52xxx and 53xxx...I know they do go out of order on VIN's but wondering if this is a car that has been sitting around and if it is a recent build with the new amber turn signals on rear and new rear lenses. Any idea how to tell before I pick her up?
You should be able to ask Tesla for the exact build date. Anything built after August 13th should have the new tail lights. There’s also a sticker inside the door on the driver’s side that lists the MM-YY the car was built.

Reactions: Doogue
Just spoke to my SA and he was very helpful. Or at least as much as mother ship Tesla allows them to be, given they don’t seem to be supplied with a ton of information themselves.

He quoted me a delivery date of potentially 9/30, but hedged and said it could be before or after.

He was able to look into their system and see that my MY was shipped via train on 9/12 from CA, headed to Birmingham, which apparently is where they offload to trucks for their sales region.

I assume that is the SE and mid Atlantic, as I’m in DC, seemingly the most N portion of said region, as I’ve seen many NJ folks much further along in this process.

He said once it gets onto a truck in Birmingham they can track it via GPS and he assumed a week of travel to my pickup location in Rockville.

Had hoped to squeeze out a delivery date, but I think they are handcuffed with what they see in the system, which is what Tesla Corporate falls down on.

Wanted more, but I guess this is all I can do for now.

Just spoke to my SA and he was very helpful. Or at least as much as mother ship Tesla allows them to be, given they don’t seem to be supplied with a ton of information themselves.

He quoted me a delivery date of potentially 9/30, but hedged and said it could be before or after.

He was able to look into their system and see that my MY was shipped via train on 9/12 from CA, headed to Birmingham, which apparently is where they offload to trucks for their sales region.

I assume that is the SE and mid Atlantic, as I’m in DC, seemingly the most N portion of said region, as I’ve seen many NJ folks much further along in this process.

He said once it gets onto a truck in Birmingham they can track it via GPS and he assumed a week of travel to my pickup location in Rockville.

Had hoped to squeeze out a delivery date, but I think they are handcuffed with what they see in the system, which is what Tesla Corporate falls down on.

Wanted more, but I guess this is all I can do for now.
That’s interesting as I’m in Birmingham, but have to drive to Atlanta to take delivery. I pass so many auto haulers full of Tesla’s on I-20.

I am in the same boat, wondering the same question - has my car been sitting in their lot for a month? I order a long time ago and kept pushing off/cancelling it, b/c I wanted at least 50K cars coming off the line before I picked up mine. I cancelled early August and I could swear they told me that the VIN on the car that I cancelled was 49XXX. I just looked at my MVPA for the car they want me to pick up next week - VIN is 49XXX; also says, "Accepted by Customer on: 8/7/20". I think this is the same car sitting around. Based on this thread, it seems like many folks ordered after me and have ended up with much later VINs. Feels like TSLA Manhasset is playing some games here.