Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MVPA this past Saturday, which was the day before my second rescheduled delivery (first was Sept18th then Sept 20th). Because of the delayed delivery, My delivery is now this Sunday the 27th at the Mt. Kisco location, I might get another MVPA emailed to me but I’m not sure.
Hello, maybe we will meet there, I’m picking up on 27th 10:00 but no one call me to confirm my delivery date yet!

Ordered: 9/1
VIN: 9/15 501XX
Delivery Date: 9/24 ish
Spec: Blue LR AWD 19' Gemini, Black, Tow hitch, FSD

I still don't have anything showing up in the portal, but I reached out to my SA via email and he provided the above detail.

I just talked to my SA and apparently my car did not pass QC (not sure if that was at the factory or the service center). The VIN has been removed from my account and I am at the top of the queue for a match. A pretty big let down, but ultimately better than getting a car that was going to be going back for service a lot or flat out rejected.

Reactions: alexcue and CO_MY
Hello, maybe we will meet there, I’m picking up on 27th 10:00 but no one call me to confirm my delivery date yet!
I’ve read posts that some people were called the morning of delivery appointment and being told they had to delay due to car nit having arrived. So, I’d recommend calling your SC to check on status a couple of days prior to delivery.

My example: have delivery appointment for 9/24 but when I call this last Friday (9/18) they told me my car’s ETA changed from 9/23 > 9/21 > 10/1 but to call again this week to check status.

And, right after my above post, I got this automated text:

Tesla Update - Get ready to meet your Model Y!

Because deliveries are currently touchless or minimal contact, please get to know your Model Y prior to your upcoming delivery by watching these videos at tesla.com/meetyourtesla

Anyone else get this text before picking up your MY? I'm wondering if it's a sign that my delivery is on-time for 9/24.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.18.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.18.57 AM.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Helpful
Reactions: nyghthawk
And, right after my above post, I got this automated text:

Anyone else get this text before picking up your MY? I'm wondering if it's a sign that my delivery is on-time for 9/24.
I just got the same text. Delivery is set for the 23rd.

Though, as I get closer and closer, I am wondering if I should get my 9/25th date back, giving me a few more days to see if anything "big" is going to happen with the Y. Damn FOMO lol....

I just got the same text. Delivery is set for the 23rd.

Though, as I get closer and closer, I am wondering if I should get my 9/25th date back, giving me a few more days to see if anything "big" is going to happen with the Y. Damn FOMO lol....

Good to know. I'm guessing their system just sends this text 2-3 days before the scheduled delivery date and isn't smart enough to know if it indicates the car will actually be shipped to the SD on time.

If I were you, I'd keep the 9/23 date...I don't think any announcements tomorrow will negatively impact current MY vehicles / deliveries.

Update on my situation:
  • Called my SC today to confirm if my 9/24 delivery is still valid.
  • SC told me my vehicle is in-transit (currently, in Nebraska).
  • New ETA: 9/29 so we scheduled delivery for 9/30.
  • VIN: 49xxx
Really happy he didn't tell me it was still sitting in Milpitas, CA!

Reactions: KyleATMn
Update on my not-so-smooth Round 2. They mistakingly unloaded my car in Chicago to a truck going to NJ (trucking vendor mistake?), where it was stuck last week. The car is (as of a few hours ago) in Chicago waiting to be brought to MN. My delivery appointment is tomorrow morning.

Of course I had to call tesla to get this info with a promise they would call me back if they need to delay. They are unsure when the car will start moving towards MN *sigh*

So yesterday I was advised that my MY was en route to Chicago. Shipped on the 15th with a scheduled delivery date of today 9/21. That was moved to 9/29 but today I see that the VIN has been removed from my account. Waiting for an explanation from SC. Has anyone seen this before?

Update on my not-so-smooth Round 2. They mistakingly unloaded my car in Chicago to a truck going to NJ (trucking vendor mistake?), where it was stuck last week. The car is (as of a few hours ago) in Chicago waiting to be brought to MN. My delivery appointment is tomorrow morning.

Of course I had to call tesla to get this info with a promise they would call me back if they need to delay. They are unsure when the car will start moving towards MN *sigh*
Ugh, so sorry to hear. Sounds like it was the inland freight trucking company’s fault.

You’d think they would have tracking info on these cars...

I got this text Saturday, with my scheduled delivery still set for 9/22. Haven't received any text that it was getting delayed.

Well spoke too soon. Just got a call from my SA out of the Charlotte, NC Delivery Center telling me the truck that is bringing my MY there is delayed, and it won't get there until Thursday now. Rescheduled my delivery to Friday 9/25. Hopefully doesn't get pushed again!

Ugh, so sorry to hear. Sounds like it was the inland freight trucking company’s fault.

You’d think they would have tracking info on these cars...
One would think! I think that would solve a lot of questions if they had customer facing tracking, but it wouldn't solve too many logistic problems, just highlight them. They need someone to do a better job watching out! That would help everyone on this thread.

Sidenote: are you getting EAP? You're cutting it close!

"There has been a delay with your vehicle in transit" :(
Pushed back at least 2 days. And since it's home delivery, apparently I don't get to have the truck scheduled until after it arrives at location and passes inspection. So instead of another 5-6 days-ish, I'm waiting another 7-8 ish.
Sorry, just bummed and venting

Order 8/27
VIN48xxx (build date?)
Delivery Date 9/27
Spec: White LR AWD 19” Black No tow , No FSD

No MVPA Only VIN ....sales said MVPA will be upload 24-48 hours before delivery date? real?

My MVPA showed up last Monday 9/14, changed on Wednesday 9/16, delivery sched showed up on the following Friday 9/18. Same delivery Date, Sunday, 9/27 late in the afternoon, Mt. Kisco.

Almost the same Spec: White LR AWD 19” Black Interior, No tow, FSD
VIN 480XX

But I haven't heard anything from them, no email, phone call, text mssg - nothing. Went on to Chat yesterday and they assured me that someone will call me today. Needless to say, no one has called.

Seems shabby at the very least. And it seems I'm not alone in this view.

Elon's a genius at engineering, but he needs to recognize that he needs a different genius to run the customer relations aspect of the operation. Spend a few bucks Elon and hire someone to fix this before "Great Car but Bad Service" becomes ingrained in the public's eye!

Reactions: jubovi
I just talked to my SA and apparently my car did not pass QC (not sure if that was at the factory or the service center). The VIN has been removed from my account and I am at the top of the queue for a match. A pretty big let down, but ultimately better than getting a car that was going to be going back for service a lot or flat out rejected.
Oh this is terrible. I assume ours were on the same truck. I haven’t heard boo from the SA and we have the same guy. I haven’t called him either I try and keep everything in email. I might call tomorrow.

I got my MVPA this past Saturday, which was the day before my second rescheduled delivery (first was Sept18th then Sept 20th). Because of the delayed delivery, My delivery is now this Sunday the 27th at the Mt. Kisco location, I might get another MVPA emailed to me but I’m not sure.
i never got any email or text update.
Sep 15 I email sales she told me VIN number is assigned and help me to scheduled delivery dathe.

but i never received any email from tesla .

Sep 20 my account updated with my VIN.

any one can tell me what number should i call Mt.Kisco to confirm my delivery date?

Tesla never called me about my delivery. Driving to the SC tomorrow morning for my delivery center, but I'm pretty sure my car won't be there. It's right after they open. A lesson has the opportunity to be learned, but they probably won't care and claim they forgot to call me, etc, etc. We shall see!

One would think! I think that would solve a lot of questions if they had customer facing tracking, but it wouldn't solve too many logistic problems, just highlight them. They need someone to do a better job watching out! That would help everyone on this thread.

Sidenote: are you getting EAP? You're cutting it close!
I bought FSD so not worried about the EAP offer.

I have a feeling my car may arrive this week because he said it was in transit in Nebraska... which I’d imagine it would arrive in Chicago by tomorrow. Then ship it via truck to MA and I’m guessing that takes 2-3 days, 4 tops. Only thing that would put a wrench in my theory is if there continues to be inland freight trucking issues like others have been having this week.