Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Column shift in my Chrysler voyager is left handpush to the right to go through PRN123D
Chrysler voyager. Sounds like you won’t be needing the centre seat tether unless the next gen are coming.

If you drop the 123, rotate that stalk 180 about the column and put the P on the end, get the missus or kids to drive - voila! M3 stork with full auto-pilot if that’s not weird.

What product should you use to clean the white interior? It looks awesome right now but I'd like to maintain that level of brightness
Apart from normal vacuuming, a wipe with a damp cloth is effective to stop dirt buildup. I just wipe down dirt prone areas with a chamois after I have washed the car. Anything more resistant, a good upholstery shampoo will remove things like blue transfer from jeans etc. I use Autoglym products on my car as they seem to avoid harsh chemicals and smell pleasant.

Anyone know what this means? You can shift to drive from the steering wheel, or am I reading this wrong?
1706343840465.png

Anyone know what this means? You can shift to drive from the steering wheel, or am I reading this wrong?View attachment 1012657
Yeah this is a weird one because it reads as if you need to do this to activate the buttons, however pressing the buttons works, im not sure if you have to press the buttons on the roof to activate them, then press which mode you want if you don't press both scroll wheels first though

Do you know... (if the pin wasnt on) if someone got in the car and started to drive off, if they didnt have your phone or card with them, would the car stop?
Nah it doesn't - my wife was dropping me off somewhere and swapped into the drivers seat - it wasn't until she parked at her destination that she realised she didn't have a key card with her.

Once it's parked it won't drive again though - I had to remotely start it for her with my app.

Reactions: Quickst and dronus
Has anyone done or got a quote for PPF or ceramic coating in Sydney that didn't break the bank?
One of my colleague asked me to find them a good place to get their Tesla tinted in Sydney and I found heaps of positive feedback for TintHaus and they did an awesome job for him. Handy they have some pricing on their website for PPF and ceramic coating to give you an indication also. Seemed pretty reasonable to my expectations

Reactions: dronus
So i think i asked this a while ago, but i cant remember the answer...

With Spotify - if you have premium connectivity does this include ad-free spotify? Do you need to sign up for an account before hand or does it just roll along?

With Apple Music - When you launch it does it just ask for your appleid login details and off it goes? I was reading that the apple music quality had been knobbled in the tesla app and streaming via bluetooth was better. How does siri cope with all this?

Any input appreciated..

Reactions: AusMar

With Spotify - if you have premium connectivity does this include ad-free spotify? Do you need to sign up for an account before hand or does it just roll along?

With Apple Music - When you launch it does it just ask for your appleid login details and off it goes? I was reading that the apple music quality had been knobbled in the tesla app and streaming via bluetooth was better. How does siri cope with all this?

Any input appreciated..
you get ad-free included but can't save playlists etc from memory.

If you have your own spotify, then you just use that and have full functionality

Any input appreciated..
Premium connectivity provides ad-free spotify. I can save songs to my "liked" list, but havent tried creating any other lists. Podcasts work fine too. No signing up required - car has its own account.

Dont know about apple music - never used it in the car.

Re: Sentry Mode.

Im just watching a video about it and they seem to recommend Excluding home so when you walk past it, it doesnt trigger etc.

Is there a way to have a time range programmed for this? So, say exclude up until 10pm and then be armed from 10pm to 6am or something similar?

I cant see it in the interface - this is version 11.. if not, is there another way to achieve/automate this?

Screenshot 2024-01-29 135957.png